Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-09-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229634)
I tried reading your post twice and still have no idea what you’re saying.

It’s been a while since I’ve had to say this, but your post gave me cancer.

Go get your treatment.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 11:48 PM

heng JHK no chance to contribute to CPF. cannot earn 4% risk free interest

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229600)
Work style is changing already.

Last time the associates won’t dare to leave before the seniors.

Now? I got associates who just leave and say don’t make it their problem and expect them to OT when it’s the manager who went to promise such a tight timeline while giving them such a short timeframe.

i was also amused by this - today's fresh grad generation are more a lot more (perhaps very) willing to share how they feel. am always amazed by this. kudos to them for that.

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229600)
Work style is changing already.

Last time the associates won’t dare to leave before the seniors.

Now? I got associates who just leave and say don’t make it their problem and expect them to OT when it’s the manager who went to promise such a tight timeline while giving them such a short timeframe.

We have to know the context of the situation. Sometimes because of staffing issue, associates get thrown to new engagement with no background knowledge of the client and expected to complete the engagement within the tight deadline? No guidance from manager because managers always say they busy. Seniors most likely new mid joiners and got thrown to job too. Is it fair for associates?

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:30 AM

Are there ex-auditors from big 4 who are in their fourties now? Want to know the cultures of big 4 in the past. Just joined big 4 recently and the firm did not guide us and expect us to find out everything ourselves. is this the norm in the past too? we have a lot of trainings for concepts but no proper guidance in the project. sometimes i ask my seniors and i have a feeling they are unsure but do not want to leave an impression that they dont know

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229647)
Are there ex-auditors from big 4 who are in their fourties now? Want to know the cultures of big 4 in the past. Just joined big 4 recently and the firm did not guide us and expect us to find out everything ourselves. is this the norm in the past too? we have a lot of trainings for concepts but no proper guidance in the project. sometimes i ask my seniors and i have a feeling they are unsure but do not want to leave an impression that they dont know

Audit without frs or ssa. No different. Thats y u guys are called trained monkies.

Unregistered 05-09-2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229606)
Yes I have no sympathy for jhk fresh grad who come here straight away earn 4.5k or 5k after 1 sep with no cpf.

Which firm and division is paying this after 1 Sep?

Unregistered 05-09-2022 09:35 AM

MOM self own sinkies by introducing minimum 5k for E Pass for jhk. Now jhk fresh grad from tunku or multimedia University are ensured 5k minimum starting salary if they come sg to work

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229654)
Which firm and division is paying this after 1 Sep?

Technically they always had that because no cpf so they take home 100% plus cpf employer portion
Hr can just be creative and repackage that

In other words just know that jhk>sinkie
Ns for sinkies

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229620)
I see the news now NSF in BMT are given mats to do exercises so their hands are not hurt by the heat of the parade square, I also feel a bit unfair why my time don’t have.

Last time you don't have so y'all complain. Now they try to address the issue you also complain aiyo. This is the kind of mentality. Self entitied, if it happens to you then good. If it happens to other no way so unfair last time I don't have...

How to move forward like that?