Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-09-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229601)
Also I suspect Covid / work from home really weakened the bonds between teams.

Last time we will feel bad, and just suck it up to not disappoint our seniors who we view as close friends going through thick and thin together.

Now they view seniors as just a person or a name on the other end of the zoom call, some more a lot people don’t even turn on camera.

Naturally you don’t feel bonded or committed to this person.

This bonding thick-and-thin rubbish is all toxic. It's like a gang. Brainwash and guilt-trip you to do stupid things at personal expense for loyalty towards the group. In audit's case, just replace loyalty with nonsense concepts like professionalism and steady increment make partner blah blah.

Good thing covid and WFH expose all this rubbish. I think it's only a good thing that youngsters nowadays are exposed to more options and see through more of these corporate sneaky exploitative behaviours.

If audit wants to remain an attractive sector, they really need to up their game and change their mindsets. I'm very doubtful that the toxic Gen X partners can change though. Most have the last time I suffer so you must also suffer mindset. Plus they can just keep importing jhks to undercut the market cos anything they earn in Singapore is many times better than back in bolehland.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 01:24 PM

Yes I have no sympathy for jhk fresh grad who come here straight away earn 4.5k or 5k after 1 sep with no cpf.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229606)
Yes I have no sympathy for jhk fresh grad who come here straight away earn 4.5k or 5k after 1 sep with no cpf.

what do u mean with no cpf?

Unregistered 04-09-2022 04:53 PM

Don’t say Partners la, even the seniors also feel like they went through hours of OT and it’s normal expectation for us to follow.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229613)
what do u mean with no cpf?

Means they receive the gross salary of 4.5k-5k without the need for them to contribute to CPF unlike sinkies

Unregistered 04-09-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229615)
Don’t say Partners la, even the seniors also feel like they went through hours of OT and it’s normal expectation for us to follow.

Not surprised. If not their work never ending de

Unregistered 04-09-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229615)

I see the news now NSF in BMT are given mats to do exercises so their hands are not hurt by the heat of the parade square, I also feel a bit unfair why my time don’t have.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229618)
Means they receive the gross salary of 4.5k-5k without the need for them to contribute to CPF unlike sinkies

The total cost to the firm is the same.

This one has nothing to do with the firm or the employees, it’s how your government set the rules on CPF for Citizens and PR.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229624)
The total cost to the firm is the same.

This one has nothing to do with the firm or the employees, it’s how your government set the rules on CPF for Citizens and PR.

Nah. U not involve in staffing. Boleh hand hold hand. No need yoe 1. Its just bullshyting all the way up. Ever seen 1 year 2 promotions etc. Very common now. To keep headcount, good time to shyt.

Unregistered 04-09-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229629)
Nah. U not involve in staffing. Boleh hand hold hand. No need yoe 1. Its just bullshyting all the way up. Ever seen 1 year 2 promotions etc. Very common now. To keep headcount, good time to shyt.

I tried reading your post twice and still have no idea what you’re saying.

It’s been a while since I’ve had to say this, but your post gave me cancer.