Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 871 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8701 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2022, 09:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Do audit partners have to bring in new clients or just manage old clients

Reply With Quote
  #8702 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2022, 10:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do audit partners have to bring in new clients or just manage old clients
Bring in new ones, increase fees on existing ones

You donít HAVE to, but then you donít make money.

Might as well say a Grab driver can choose to work only 1 hour a day.

Reply With Quote
  #8703 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2022, 07:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why would people want to leave big 4 audit
when promotion is 99% guanranteed and big4 has been conducting market adjustment on salaries for the past 2 years to attract talent?

Reply With Quote
  #8704 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why would people want to leave big 4 audit
when promotion is 99% guanranteed and big4 has been conducting market adjustment on salaries for the past 2 years to attract talent?
Sigh.

I know where you are coming from and from your perspective, it may be difficult to understand ďkids these daysĒ.

There is a disconnect between the generations - I see both sides, but find myself helpless and powerless to do anything to bridge this gap.
Reply With Quote
  #8705 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is it just me or do anyone noticed that audit industry attracts ppl of similar facial features? Nerdy, specky, plus sized, kampong face?
Reply With Quote
  #8706 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 02:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it just me or do anyone noticed that audit industry attracts ppl of similar facial features? Nerdy, specky, plus sized, kampong face?
More like if u earn audit salary u are not able to afford nice tailored suits/dress (also thereís no need for these u can just wear jeans and sneakers), for the ladies not able to afford and no time for spa, premium skincare brand, sleep (most impt protection against ageing), and too much stress eating of cheap and oily food until become Dino

Stay in the industry for long and the lifestyle will make u look similar

For new joiner, especially guys, if they are alpha and dare to dress and impress enuf they wonít be in audit
Reply With Quote

  #8707 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 02:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
More like if u earn audit salary u are not able to afford nice tailored suits/dress (also thereís no need for these u can just wear jeans and sneakers), for the ladies not able to afford and no time for spa, premium skincare brand, sleep (most impt protection against ageing), and too much stress eating of cheap and oily food until become Dino

Stay in the industry for long and the lifestyle will make u look similar

For new joiner, especially guys, if they are alpha and dare to dress and impress enuf they wonít be in audit
No leh. There are other high stress long hours industries where I see the ladies still manage to keep fit and chio. And I'm not talking about those jiakliaobee jobs where females are there to look pretty like RMs or recruiters or private bankers.

I'm talking abt doctors, lawyers, management consulting etc. Very few dino ladies.

It's really abt the go-getter attitude n mindset. If you're not lazy n willing to improve or maintain yourself, you will find the time to go to gym, yoga, spin class all that. Not everything can blame it on long hours or money.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8708 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 03:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why would people want to leave big 4 audit
when promotion is 99% guanranteed and big4 has been conducting market adjustment on salaries for the past 2 years to attract talent?
I feel b4 too slow to react and dismiss great resignation as normal attrition.

Donít think b4 doing a good job at stemming resignations, now lock in death spiral when people leave because other colleagues leave and no one left.
Reply With Quote
  #8709 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 03:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No leh. There are other high stress long hours industries where I see the ladies still manage to keep fit and chio. And I'm not talking about those jiakliaobee jobs where females are there to look pretty like RMs or recruiters or private bankers.

I'm talking abt doctors, lawyers, management consulting etc. Very few dino ladies.

It's really abt the go-getter attitude n mindset. If you're not lazy n willing to improve or maintain yourself, you will find the time to go to gym, yoga, spin class all that. Not everything can blame it on long hours or money.
Iím not finding excuses for auditors to dress badly or to not exercise. Personally I feel thatís the auditor personalities. They donít want to stand out and dress nicely so they dress Jialat like their colleagues or managers. When I was still in big 4 quite a number of my batch are very fit .whatever points you brought up is what I want to say, is just the industry norm, where people have no intention and no meaning of dress nicely or care abt their looks. For management consultants , tbh they need to look nice, thatís their requirement , doctor and lawyers maybe not so, unless the lawyers work in corporate finance/M&A field
Reply With Quote
  #8710 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No leh. There are other high stress long hours industries where I see the ladies still manage to keep fit and chio. And I'm not talking about those jiakliaobee jobs where females are there to look pretty like RMs or recruiters or private bankers.

I'm talking abt doctors, lawyers, management consulting etc. Very few dino ladies.

It's really abt the go-getter attitude n mindset. If you're not lazy n willing to improve or maintain yourself, you will find the time to go to gym, yoga, spin class all that. Not everything can blame it on long hours or money.
How's this surprising?
Females in audit are equally as unimpressive as their male counterparts. That's why. Definitely not Type A personalities otherwise they wouldn't be in audit, or even big 4.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,236 Replies, 2,905,915 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,483 Replies, 2,541,760 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,381 Replies, 761,375 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
969 Replies, 663,624 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,357 Replies, 1,024,175 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,151 Replies, 960,227 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,233 Replies, 960,933 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,508 Replies, 731,182 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,263 Replies, 3,960,694 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,691 Replies, 3,324,916 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,171 Replies, 3,159,987 Views
A Career in Commercial Real Estate...
7 Replies, 6,564 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,054 Replies, 7,160,152 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 207,941 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
919 Replies, 603,872 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,376 Replies, 5,294,135 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
356 Replies, 182,873 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 107,903 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
978 Replies, 458,641 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,852 Replies, 9,637,285 Views
20% salary bump? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 6,204 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
400 Replies, 434,813 Views
Interview Process at IPOS? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 139,698 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 6,042 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,001 Replies, 806,857 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,289 Replies, 2,121,380 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
565 Replies, 217,680 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
565 Replies, 236,175 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 144,223 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 112,043 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2