Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-07-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225025)
orange
A1: 3.5K
A2: 3.8K
S1: 4.3K
S2: 4.9K
AM: 5.4K

A1 gt bonus??

Unregistered 11-07-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225072)
End of the day, with the benefits mentioned above, I aspire to become a partner in big 4 one day.

The main allure has always been about making Partner.

But let’s be honest here

1) How many people in each cohort makes it?

2) For those who made it, how many years did it take?

Once you answered these two questions, you can infer why most folks aren’t thinking about it.

Unregistered 11-07-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225080)
A1 gt bonus??

no..........

Unregistered 11-07-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225070)
I like big 4 audit because it provides a smooth linear progression all the way from associate to senior manager, enjoy variety of work, able to work with young people with bright minds and providing audit and assurance services to our clients.

Audit is a value adding role as you get to help clients navigate complex accounting issues, control deficiencies and provide an opinion on the financial position of the company being audited. Not only you are respected by you audit clients, you are also respected by the shareholders and auditors act in the interest of them (aka protector of the financial markets). Also big 4 offer global secondment opportunities to its employees, where you get to western countries (US, EU) work and play at the same time.

i think you forgot the '/s'

Unregistered 11-07-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225080)
A1 gt bonus??

The post you quoted is inaccurate, please ignore.

Unregistered 11-07-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225097)
The post you quoted is inaccurate, please ignore.

What is the accurate payscale?

Unregistered 11-07-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225031)
Lol might as well be operations in banks. At least after 5 years when u promote to senior associate is a solid 8-9k. U jump out from audit lei lei like dog probably join an MNC for 8k too. Like many other audit managers who try to jump out

I love my meaningful work as an auditor.

Banking ops, low value back office work, any tom dick harry also can do.

Unregistered 11-07-2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225104)
What is the accurate payscale?

Green (before increment)
A1: 3.3k
A2: 3.6k
S1: 4.3k
S2:
AM:
M1:

Yellow (before new FY)
A1: 3.3k/3.4k/4k (audit/tax/advisory)
A2: 3.6k/3.7k/4.3k (audit/tax/advisory)
S1: 4.6k/4.5k/4.8k (audit/tax/advisory)
S2:
AM:
M1:

Blue (non-sca)
A1: 3.6k (Audit)/4k (Advisory)
A2: 3.8k
S1: 4.5k
S2: 5.3k
AM: 5.8k
M1:

Orange (audit)
A1: 3.4k (no bonus)
A2: 3.7k
S1: 4.35k
S2: 5k
AM: 5.55k
M1: 6.3k

Unregistered 11-07-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225070)
I like big 4 audit because it provides a smooth linear progression all the way from associate to senior manager, enjoy variety of work, able to work with young people with bright minds and providing audit and assurance services to our clients.

Audit is a value adding role as you get to help clients navigate complex accounting issues, control deficiencies and provide an opinion on the financial position of the company being audited. Not only you are respected by you audit clients, you are also respected by the shareholders and auditors act in the interest of them (aka protector of the financial markets). Also big 4 offer global secondment opportunities to its employees, where you get to western countries (US, EU) work and play at the same time.

Lol and what happens after senior manager?

Just think brudder, THINK. If the Sunway Universiti or Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman jhk grads are being hired in droves, or the Poly kia accounting diploma without degree can also join B4, what other more definite proof do you need that audit is a brainless, process-driven, unstimulating service?

There is ZERO respect for auditors, only annoyance. They are a necessary evil because audit is a statutory requirement.

You're deluded brudder.

Unregistered 11-07-2022 11:22 PM

Currently working in-house as a finance analyst

Tbh sick and tired and dealing with all the auditor’s dumb qn. The seniors and mgr are fine. The junior level staffs ask qn from their seniors without going through their brain.

The partners are the most ridiculous ones. Telling us he is not comfortable doing xyz can we fix lmao :srsly saying that to your client?? are u too delusional in the big 4 partner power. really got on to my boss nerve and she shout back. In the end the partner has to suck thumb say will re-look into the issue