Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 833 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8321 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 01:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YA! How you know.. I was an A1 9 years ago.. observing my SM so I can motivate myself to reach SM level. I feel so fulfilled and accomplished now with my 5 figure monthly pay.
Hahaha. Is life really that good as an SM tho? Wlb wise?

Reply With Quote
  #8322 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 07:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha. Is life really that good as an SM tho? Wlb wise?
Drawing 5 FIGURE monthly pay of course cannot expect everything good one ma. U think BIG4 is charity foundation meh. Got busy period when all the reporting of engagements stack tgt or nearby but also got lull period where 1-2 months really zuo bo lan just sit around and swat flies.

Reply With Quote
  #8323 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 08:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YA! How you know.. I was an A1 9 years ago.. observing my SM so I can motivate myself to reach SM level. I feel so fulfilled and accomplished now with my 5 figure monthly pay.
Depends on the SM. Some SM standby 24/7. Will work and reply emails when they are on leave. Some cb one just throw everything to the senior and associates and provide zero guidance



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8324 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 09:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Drawing 5 FIGURE monthly pay of course cannot expect everything good one ma. U think BIG4 is charity foundation meh. Got busy period when all the reporting of engagements stack tgt or nearby but also got lull period where 1-2 months really zuo bo lan just sit around and swat flies.
And there the truth comes out instead of the rosy picture you painted earlier =) A1s out there - beware
Reply With Quote
  #8325 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 09:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then what do you propose
got quite a few options

1. do private degree in STEM and join those graduate tech programs, they are more lenient on degree name / reputation. do 1-2 years to get your foot through the door and then transition to any tech MNC junior dev role.

2. do public uni degree in STEM, do an internship at a reputable tech company and work hard to get conversion to FT in your Y3 / Y4 semesters. This is the most common strategy among CS grads.

3. do bootcamp, get all the AWS certificates, scrum master cert, etc. grind leetcode, get comp ranking top 5,000 overall or something. be comfortable with LC medium - hard questions, you should ace any interview... now the hard part, getting an interview... you will most likely only make it to start-ups or very small tech companies since every tech MNC won't look at resumes without CS degree / tech background.

So you work at start-ups for 2-3 years, get some YOE then transition into mid size company.

my opinion, pick 1 or 2, don't waste your time with 3... but really, do you wanna spend 4-5 years again? might as well just climb the ladder in big 4 lol how hard can that be?
Reply With Quote
  #8326 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 09:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Drawing 5 FIGURE monthly pay of course cannot expect everything good one ma. U think BIG4 is charity foundation meh. Got busy period when all the reporting of engagements stack tgt or nearby but also got lull period where 1-2 months really zuo bo lan just sit around and swat flies.
1-2 months lull period is unheard of now. Most staff levels and junior managers don't even have a full month of lull period in a year now.
Reply With Quote

  #8327 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 10:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Big Four partners are well known “business celebrities”, while in capital cities they are players within their service lines. Partners are the pinnacle of the accounting profession for those that remain in private practice. It’s a cliché, but cash is king. The Big Four are packed full of extremely competent technical specialists. If you are at the entry level partner level 200-250k all-in is quite common. The very senior ones will of course hit above 1 mil.

From the above, once you become an audit partner you are the champion, winner of everything in the accounting profession. All the accountants will start to respect you as a qualified specialist. The partner track wins it all, everything. Once you become partner you are set for life, able to buy multiple condos and cars, something that the current generations fail to foresee in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #8328 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 01:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big Four partners are well known “business celebrities”, while in capital cities they are players within their service lines. Partners are the pinnacle of the accounting profession for those that remain in private practice. It’s a cliché, but cash is king. The Big Four are packed full of extremely competent technical specialists. If you are at the entry level partner level 200-250k all-in is quite common. The very senior ones will of course hit above 1 mil.

From the above, once you become an audit partner you are the champion, winner of everything in the accounting profession. All the accountants will start to respect you as a qualified specialist. The partner track wins it all, everything. Once you become partner you are set for life, able to buy multiple condos and cars, something that the current generations fail to foresee in the future.
Say until so easy
Reply With Quote
  #8329 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Say until so easy
Of course is difficult but the ones who preserve are the potential candidates.
Reply With Quote
  #8330 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2022, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course is difficult but the ones who preserve are the potential candidates.
haha "preserve". want to act like a partner here but english so lousy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,493 Replies, 6,778,129 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,020 Replies, 907,918 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,664 Replies, 9,306,159 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,866 Replies, 3,707,994 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 59,517 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 5,991 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,350 Replies, 5,159,645 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 83,678 Views
Starting pay for fresh grad? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 28,205 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 218,822 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,133 Replies, 2,021,599 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,465 Replies, 671,134 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,732 Replies, 2,649,335 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,405 Replies, 2,418,569 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 141,611 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,275 Replies, 938,802 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
258 Replies, 269,938 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
368 Replies, 414,796 Views
Applying for govt job?
8 Replies, 5,002 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
698 Replies, 610,450 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,089 Replies, 3,044,008 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,270 Replies, 1,071,225 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
510 Replies, 266,002 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 57,064 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
999 Replies, 224,200 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
544 Replies, 195,744 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 106,773 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,199 Replies, 555,994 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,283 Replies, 1,532,330 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 51,566 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2