Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2022 02:42 PM

How come suddenly audit topic become talk about crypto LOL. Anyway duno y people keep bashing audit when it is like easy peasy money. Currently as an SM, i just sit around and boss all my managers and then collect my 5-figure pay. Occasionally bootlick the partners and clients and that's about it. Easiest money ever. Sommore dunnid scared of retrenchment, recession, recycle..etc. Dunnid learn about all the nonsense programming stuff.. just need to know my FRS and US GAAP can liao. Lunch time go jiak 3 hours Haidilao also nobody dare to say me.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223670)
tech also has a linear path lmfao what are u smoking?

if you join this field it's either

1. you have passion for it despite the decades of OT / bully culture this field has

2. you have connections / talent / opportunities to earn big $$$ and progress fast

3. you're a dumbass, you read some outdated GES survey from 2010s saying big 4 = big money only to realize you got scammed hard so now you're high off copium trying to find every excuse to say that big 4 is great when in reality everyone knows you're internally crying having to OT everyday till 2-3am and looking like you're 50 in your 30s.

easy peasy im number 2 here

uncle got big 4 connection, get me in easily. manager also friends with my family, his family and my family very close

lol join tech? ahaha go join tech, get burn out in 1-2 years. u think u see those rs and tiktok ******** bootcamp videos u can become a software engineer? dream on.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223814)
How come suddenly audit topic become talk about crypto LOL. Anyway duno y people keep bashing audit when it is like easy peasy money. Currently as an SM, i just sit around and boss all my managers and then collect my 5-figure pay. Occasionally bootlick the partners and clients and that's about it. Easiest money ever. Sommore dunnid scared of retrenchment, recession, recycle..etc. Dunnid learn about all the nonsense programming stuff.. just need to know my FRS and US GAAP can liao. Lunch time go jiak 3 hours Haidilao also nobody dare to say me.

Are you secretly an A1 making these observations about your SM XD

Unregistered 29-06-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223774)
How to go from audit to tech teach pls

I suggest you go for coding boot camps and pivot to data role first as an audit > SWE direct is very rare. Also suggest to try banking / consulting also.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 04:52 PM

As an accountancy y3 fch student everyone is telling me not to go B4. But is 8t really that easy to get into a bank or map just cause i got fch?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223830)
As an accountancy y3 fch student everyone is telling me not to go B4. But is 8t really that easy to get into a bank or map just cause i got fch?

Not easy peasy but u got a fair chance to be selected for interview. Whether you can get in or not will depend on 1. Your competitors' strength, 2. You ability to impress the interviewers, 3. Prestige of the place you are applying to. 4. No. of available slots.

FCH just helps u to get selected for the interviews/assessment centres and not have your resume dumped in the bin.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223827)
I suggest you go for coding boot camps and pivot to data role first as an audit > SWE direct is very rare. Also suggest to try banking / consulting also.

LOL u think companies will hire anyone who went for coding bootcamps?

coding bootcamps are fking useless garbage

Unregistered 29-06-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223814)

Now we know who are the overpaid ones.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223837)
LOL u think companies will hire anyone who went for coding bootcamps?

coding bootcamps are fking useless garbage

Then what do you propose

Unregistered 29-06-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223825)
Are you secretly an A1 making these observations about your SM XD

YA! How you know.. I was an A1 9 years ago.. observing my SM so I can motivate myself to reach SM level. I feel so fulfilled and accomplished now with my 5 figure monthly pay.