Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 825 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8241 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 10:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Working 70-80 hours is the norm in this field. If you don't like it then leave and go somewhere else.

Fact is that people who are poor and are too stupid to go anywhere else or do any research at all will stay and OT in this field, I am one of them, so are all of you.

Suck it up. Don't like it? go change field then.

Reply With Quote
  #8242 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 10:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Working 70-80 hours is the norm in this field. If you don't like it then leave and go somewhere else.

Fact is that people who are poor and are too stupid to go anywhere else or do any research at all will stay and OT in this field, I am one of them, so are all of you.

Suck it up. Don't like it? go change field then.
We should work together to change the norm in this field.

Reply With Quote
  #8243 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 10:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Working 70-80 hours is the norm in this field. If you don't like it then leave and go somewhere else.

Fact is that people who are poor and are too stupid to go anywhere else or do any research at all will stay and OT in this field, I am one of them, so are all of you.

Suck it up. Don't like it? go change field then.
agreed... if dont like it then why even stay in this field? i work in tech, barely work 40 hrs a week, let alone WFH since 2 years ago

earning 9k after 4 yoe, not bad imo, sure not as good as those IB gods earning 10k with 0 experience and some of u earning 15k with 4 yoe

but on the bright side i get to be stress-free for years. some of u on the other hand i see OTing in the office till 2-3am, that sucks, i dont know how fked is ur physical health, i would be surprised if u live beyond 50 with a work life like that

Reply With Quote
  #8244 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 11:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
agreed... if dont like it then why even stay in this field? i work in tech, barely work 40 hrs a week, let alone WFH since 2 years ago

earning 9k after 4 yoe, not bad imo, sure not as good as those IB gods earning 10k with 0 experience and some of u earning 15k with 4 yoe

but on the bright side i get to be stress-free for years. some of u on the other hand i see OTing in the office till 2-3am, that sucks, i dont know how fked is ur physical health, i would be surprised if u live beyond 50 with a work life like that
Quit quit quit! Let the partners and SM do the work themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #8245 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Not all bad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I wouldn't say it is all bad to join audit.

I have friends who joined the BLUE firm in 2015 as a fresh grad and they are now drawing $8k+ as an audit manager.

These friends love accounting (or at least don't hate them) and audit provides them with a career that is aligned to their interest.

Some of them are not exactly gearing for partner but are more interested in being CFO in the future for other firms.

When the right opportunities arrive, I'm sure they will be able to leverage on their experience and get a 20-30% increment when they jump ship to join a commercial firm and bring their audit/accounting experience with them onboard.
Reply With Quote
  #8246 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quit quit quit! Let the partners and SM do the work themselves.
I also want to quit but have trouble finding another job
Reply With Quote

  #8247 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 12:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sian. Max loh leaving EY this week.

Hope new managing partner will implement more cost cutting measures so that EY will be the most profitable audit firm in SG
Reply With Quote
  #8248 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
before I joined, the horror story was the peak last for 2-3 months of intense OT until midnight (which I ASSUMED is 12 am )

In reality due to the shortage of jhk associates and ganchiong jhk mgr trying to promote, my peak month is abt half the year. And the OT timing is insane, until 3-4 am

I have to quit because I have developed some severe health issues . I started to feel dizzy in the morning when I woke up, feeling unergetic even if I slept a lot . I gained significant weight but Iím not eating much too. Screwed up metabolism probably

Is sad to see those in big 4 Dinobu snr mgr witb big eye bags, pimples all over the face and an obese body, single at 35 and still live with parents cos big 4 salary not big enuf to buy own house at that age

Sh*t show
No amount of money can buy back your health and time wasted doing OT everyday
Reply With Quote
  #8249 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 12:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just quit la. Show those boomer partners whos boss. Dont have to slog 12 hrs a day for 3k. Just shameful exploitation
Are you ah sia kia? If not continue to slog. My ah sia kia colleague got different treatment one. Manager called him and persuaded him not to quit and asked him which engagement he prefer.
Reply With Quote
  #8250 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2022, 01:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not all bad View Post
I wouldn't say it is all bad to join audit.

I have friends who joined the BLUE firm in 2015 as a fresh grad and they are now drawing $8k+ as an audit manager.

These friends love accounting (or at least don't hate them) and audit provides them with a career that is aligned to their interest.

Some of them are not exactly gearing for partner but are more interested in being CFO in the future for other firms.

When the right opportunities arrive, I'm sure they will be able to leverage on their experience and get a 20-30% increment when they jump ship to join a commercial firm and bring their audit/accounting experience with them onboard.
the thing is u can do that even if u start in commercial. without the pain of 60-70 hour work weeks.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,432 Replies, 655,804 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,194 Replies, 549,054 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 190,386 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,440 Replies, 6,722,675 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,818 Replies, 3,668,239 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 4,209 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 265,937 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,701 Replies, 2,617,782 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,604 Replies, 9,245,722 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
504 Replies, 261,951 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,085 Replies, 2,004,901 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,989 Replies, 899,468 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
697 Replies, 608,733 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,211 Replies, 926,056 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,039 Replies, 673,779 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 602,761 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 120,860 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 82,560 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,261 Replies, 1,055,828 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 33,814 Views
crypto trading tech roles
9 Replies, 2,059 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,400 Replies, 2,401,933 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,359 Replies, 293,950 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 447,367 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,650 Replies, 3,194,950 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 117,393 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 139,144 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 334,460 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,272 Replies, 924,928 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 219,337 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2