Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 27-06-2022 10:07 AM

Working 70-80 hours is the norm in this field. If you don't like it then leave and go somewhere else.

Fact is that people who are poor and are too stupid to go anywhere else or do any research at all will stay and OT in this field, I am one of them, so are all of you.

Suck it up. Don't like it? go change field then.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223549)
Working 70-80 hours is the norm in this field. If you don't like it then leave and go somewhere else.

Fact is that people who are poor and are too stupid to go anywhere else or do any research at all will stay and OT in this field, I am one of them, so are all of you.

We should work together to change the norm in this field.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223549)

agreed... if dont like it then why even stay in this field? i work in tech, barely work 40 hrs a week, let alone WFH since 2 years ago

earning 9k after 4 yoe, not bad imo, sure not as good as those IB gods earning 10k with 0 experience and some of u earning 15k with 4 yoe

but on the bright side i get to be stress-free for years. some of u on the other hand i see OTing in the office till 2-3am, that sucks, i dont know how fked is ur physical health, i would be surprised if u live beyond 50 with a work life like that

Unregistered 27-06-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223551)
agreed... if dont like it then why even stay in this field? i work in tech, barely work 40 hrs a week, let alone WFH since 2 years ago

earning 9k after 4 yoe, not bad imo, sure not as good as those IB gods earning 10k with 0 experience and some of u earning 15k with 4 yoe

but on the bright side i get to be stress-free for years. some of u on the other hand i see OTing in the office till 2-3am, that sucks, i dont know how fked is ur physical health, i would be surprised if u live beyond 50 with a work life like that

Quit quit quit! Let the partners and SM do the work themselves.

Not all bad 27-06-2022 11:26 AM

I wouldn't say it is all bad to join audit.

I have friends who joined the BLUE firm in 2015 as a fresh grad and they are now drawing $8k+ as an audit manager.

These friends love accounting (or at least don't hate them) and audit provides them with a career that is aligned to their interest.

Some of them are not exactly gearing for partner but are more interested in being CFO in the future for other firms.

When the right opportunities arrive, I'm sure they will be able to leverage on their experience and get a 20-30% increment when they jump ship to join a commercial firm and bring their audit/accounting experience with them onboard.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223553)
Quit quit quit! Let the partners and SM do the work themselves.

I also want to quit but have trouble finding another job

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:21 PM

Sian. Max loh leaving EY this week.

Hope new managing partner will implement more cost cutting measures so that EY will be the most profitable audit firm in SG

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223545)
before I joined, the horror story was the peak last for 2-3 months of intense OT until midnight (which I ASSUMED is 12 am )

In reality due to the shortage of jhk associates and ganchiong jhk mgr trying to promote, my peak month is abt half the year. And the OT timing is insane, until 3-4 am

I have to quit because I have developed some severe health issues . I started to feel dizzy in the morning when I woke up, feeling unergetic even if I slept a lot . I gained significant weight but I’m not eating much too. Screwed up metabolism probably

Is sad to see those in big 4 Dinobu snr mgr witb big eye bags, pimples all over the face and an obese body, single at 35 and still live with parents cos big 4 salary not big enuf to buy own house at that age

Sh*t show

No amount of money can buy back your health and time wasted doing OT everyday

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223501)
Just quit la. Show those boomer partners whos boss. Dont have to slog 12 hrs a day for 3k. Just shameful exploitation

Are you ah sia kia? If not continue to slog. My ah sia kia colleague got different treatment one. Manager called him and persuaded him not to quit and asked him which engagement he prefer.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not all bad (Post 223555)
I wouldn't say it is all bad to join audit.

I have friends who joined the BLUE firm in 2015 as a fresh grad and they are now drawing $8k+ as an audit manager.

These friends love accounting (or at least don't hate them) and audit provides them with a career that is aligned to their interest.

Some of them are not exactly gearing for partner but are more interested in being CFO in the future for other firms.

When the right opportunities arrive, I'm sure they will be able to leverage on their experience and get a 20-30% increment when they jump ship to join a commercial firm and bring their audit/accounting experience with them onboard.

the thing is u can do that even if u start in commercial. without the pain of 60-70 hour work weeks.