Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-06-2022 10:59 PM

I wonder why the kids these days seem unfamiliar with the expectations.

Nowadays no more career fair where seniors share this kind of information?

Unregistered 26-06-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223530)
I wonder why the kids these days seem unfamiliar with the expectations.

Nowadays no more career fair where seniors share this kind of information?

It is the older gen that exploits the younger gen. Nowadays ppl have many options. I am just going to say no to overwork and take my time to finish.

Unregistered 26-06-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223531)
It is the older gen that exploits the younger gen. Nowadays ppl have many options. I am just going to say no to overwork and take my time to finish.

Unfortunately, That’s the kind of younger generation nowadays. They don’t wanna overwork, hence, might as well not come here in the first place.

Unregistered 26-06-2022 11:32 PM

Don't join big 4 unless you're in it to become partner. There are significantly better opportunties out there depending on your goals and outlook in life - you just need to do a little research before committing to a career path.

Why work 12-14 hours a day for 3.4-3.6k as an audit associate, when you can work 12-14 hours for 6k (as a MBB consultant) or 10k+ (as an IB within a BB bank).

If you're looking for work-life balance, go straight into management associate programs with big names like Singtel, SEA or nestle. If you join big 4 just to pivot to industry roles, the progression is almost the same as starting out in industry.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:01 AM

Hours have been getting worse.

In the past, working 60 hours weekly is normal even during off peak. Now, 70-80 hours a week is not surprising.

Someone has to do the work. If not the intern, then the associate. If not the associate, then the senior. If not, then the manager.

If you cannot finish the work in time, it is on you. Prepare to get scolded. Get blamed. Your appraisal is going to take a hit. This is just the nature of the industry. No other way.

Not happy? Quit! No one is indispensable - that's what the partners think.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:03 AM

Hi! I’m entering blue advisory soon, any tips for beginners on what to expect?

Unregistered 27-06-2022 12:59 AM

Why work yourself to death because SM and M never plan sufficient time and resources for the engagement?

Don’t be stupid.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223539)
Why work yourself to death because SM and M never plan sufficient time and resources for the engagement?

Don’t be stupid.

You sound like an A1 or A2.

Neither time nor resources are controlled by the managers.

Time - Decided by the target KPI the Partner has set, and the statutory deadline to complete the audit.

Resources - Decided by the Staffing team. Manager only files in a request for staff, doesn’t necessarily mean they will get it.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 08:54 AM

before I joined, the horror story was the peak last for 2-3 months of intense OT until midnight (which I ASSUMED is 12 am )

In reality due to the shortage of jhk associates and ganchiong jhk mgr trying to promote, my peak month is abt half the year. And the OT timing is insane, until 3-4 am

I have to quit because I have developed some severe health issues . I started to feel dizzy in the morning when I woke up, feeling unergetic even if I slept a lot . I gained significant weight but I’m not eating much too. Screwed up metabolism probably

Is sad to see those in big 4 Dinobu snr mgr witb big eye bags, pimples all over the face and an obese body, single at 35 and still live with parents cos big 4 salary not big enuf to buy own house at that age

Sh*t show

Unregistered 27-06-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223545)
before I joined, the horror story was the peak last for 2-3 months of intense OT until midnight (which I ASSUMED is 12 am )

In reality due to the shortage of jhk associates and ganchiong jhk mgr trying to promote, my peak month is abt half the year. And the OT timing is insane, until 3-4 am

I have to quit because I have developed some severe health issues . I started to feel dizzy in the morning when I woke up, feeling unergetic even if I slept a lot . I gained significant weight but I’m not eating much too. Screwed up metabolism probably

Is sad to see those in big 4 Dinobu snr mgr witb big eye bags, pimples all over the face and an obese body, single at 35 and still live with parents cos big 4 salary not big enuf to buy own house at that age

Sh*t show

Encourage my junior girls not to join unless u left with no other choices

Getting hormonal diseases and cervical /breast cancer will cost u a ton (can’t be covered by big 4 insurance nor salary lol) is no joke. Don’t risk your life for peanut pay