Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-05-2019 04:34 PM

Pls help!!!

ok I know this thread is for big4s but for mid tier firm (BDO, BT, GT,...), anyone knows salary progression and how many years usually to upgrade say A1 to A2 etc?

Unregistered 31-05-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118828)
As in I’m not a fresh grad anymore, and seniors and even colleagues have mentioned that a background in audit would be a stronger foundation for future job prospects

On the other hand, recruiters/headhunters say that it’s fine, my corporate accounting exposure is enough, need not bite the bullet and head into audit for foundation-building

Lol omg don’t be insane, people wanna go out of audit into the roles you’re in, so there is no point jumping back to audit for foundation building.

Unregistered 31-05-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119758)
Lol omg don’t be insane, people wanna go out of audit into the roles you’re in, so there is no point jumping back to audit for foundation building.

But I have met many people who entered corporate without audit experience
Their accounting concepts are really not as strong as those who have been in audit at least 2-3 years, that’s why am trying to get an audit role again

There’s really a difference, later on tough to become financial controller and beyond

Unregistered 31-05-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119778)
But I have met many people who entered corporate without audit experience
Their accounting concepts are really not as strong as those who have been in audit at least 2-3 years, that’s why am trying to get an audit role again

There’s really a difference, later on tough to become financial controller and beyond

Is it...?
I’ve been in audit (SME) for 2 years, got offered Big 4 but nah, thank u next.
I’d say if your understanding of accounting is there then it is fine.
Tbh I think it’s really more about the person than what the audit experience brings.
I’ve interacted with really horrendous auditing staff and smart accountants too.

Unregistered 31-05-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119554)
ok I know this thread is for big4s but for mid tier firm (BDO, BT, GT,...), anyone knows salary progression and how many years usually to upgrade say A1 to A2 etc?

The starting pay would be around $2.7k for BDO, $2.8k for BT and $3k for GT. The increment would be slightly less than the Big4 (you can easily find out the progression for big4). Usually they will do promotions every year (but it depends on the cutoff date of the respective companies), but i heard that BDO has a fast track program which allows you to promote to A2 in 9 months (for the batch starting in July).

Unregistered 20-06-2019 10:04 PM

Assuming that you join as an experienced hire and you get an offer of 4.5k as a first year senior, does it mean that when you get promoted to second year senior your pay increment would be the same as your peers? I.e. you get the 500-600 increment like everyone else
Or do you end up with a smaller increment because you started off at a higher pay?

92nerd 23-06-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120704)
Assuming that you join as an experienced hire and you get an offer of 4.5k as a first year senior, does it mean that when you get promoted to second year senior your pay increment would be the same as your peers? I.e. you get the 500-600 increment like everyone else
Or do you end up with a smaller increment because you started off at a higher pay?

i have heard that the increment will be lower in order to bring your salary to the band range

Unregistered 25-06-2019 08:29 AM

Salary progression

I’m currently at mid tier holding audit senior year 2 position salary at 4.2
I got an job offer from big 4 as senior first year at the same price.

In term of future value, which one should I go for?

AM In mid tier is about 4.5 and 5.5 for manager.

Thinking to switch from here to there but have to start over again.

Any advise? TIA

Unregistered 25-06-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119554)

I'm from one of the mid tier you mention. Usually from A1 to A2 take 1 year.
The salary progression
A1 2.7k - 2.8k
A2 3.1k - 3.3k
Senior first year 3.6k- 3.8k
Senior second year 4k - 4.2k

Unregistered 06-07-2019 07:27 AM

Does anyone have any idea when is the cut off for promotion in KPMG SG? I heard the first cut off is November. Is there any cut off in April?