Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

JobHunter45 13-04-2019 10:19 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job in big 4 for mid-careerists switching to accountancy?

I'm keen on getting Chartered Accountant qualifications and it requires amongst other things, 3 year work experience in accountancy. I graduated from a local uni in business, and worked for 7 years in public service and do not have accounting experience.

Has anyone done this before (mid-careerist switching to accountancy in big4) or have seen colleagues in big4 with such profile?

92nerd 02-05-2019 08:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to EY for a SA1 position in the financial advisory space. Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the increments in EY for my benchmarking purposes!

A1 -> A2 = ?
A2 -> SA1 = ?
SA1 -> SA2 = ?

Are the increments on an absolute or % basis?

Thank you.

Unregistered 02-05-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92nerd (Post 118100)
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to EY for a SA1 position in the financial advisory space. Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the increments in EY for my benchmarking purposes!

A1 -> A2 = ?
A2 -> SA1 = ?
SA1 -> SA2 = ?

Are the increments on an absolute or % basis?

Thank you.

Absolute
3200, 3500, 4300, 4700, 5300 A1-SA3
Will have variations yearly but that is the ballpark

92nerd 03-05-2019 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118113)
Absolute

Thank you for sharing.

Am I right to say that advisory generally has a higher starting salary at A1, but the yearly increments are reduced such that overall payout will be the same as the other lines (audit tax) after a few years?

Unregistered 12-05-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118113)
Absolute

I believe that SA1 and above gets paid more than the figures listed for Advisory. The figures above seem to be for Audit/ Tax service lines!

Unregistered 15-05-2019 03:14 PM

Three years in a corporate acc role straight out of uni
Performed acc & tech roles - have been approached to go into fp&a at other companies

Was wondering if I should bite the bullet, take a pay cut and go audit and learn more first

Anyone any advice?

heracles 15-05-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118781)
Three years in a corporate acc role straight out of uni
Performed acc & tech roles - have been approached to go into fp&a at other companies

Was wondering if I should bite the bullet, take a pay cut and go audit and learn more first

Anyone any advice?

As a fresh grad, if youre being 'approached' by companies to go into fp&a, chances are ur credentials are much better elsewhere compared to going into big4 audit/advisory, unless youre going into big4 TS or consulting line.

Unregistered 16-05-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heracles (Post 118788)
As a fresh grad, if youre being 'approached' by companies to go into fp&a, chances are ur credentials are much better elsewhere compared to going into big4 audit/advisory, unless youre going into big4 TS or consulting line.

As in Iím not a fresh grad anymore, and seniors and even colleagues have mentioned that a background in audit would be a stronger foundation for future job prospects

On the other hand, recruiters/headhunters say that itís fine, my corporate accounting exposure is enough, need not bite the bullet and head into audit for foundation-building

heracles 16-05-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118828)
As in Iím not a fresh grad anymore, and seniors and even colleagues have mentioned that a background in audit would be a stronger foundation for future job prospects

On the other hand, recruiters/headhunters say that itís fine, my corporate accounting exposure is enough, need not bite the bullet and head into audit for foundation-building

I see, if the companys' poaching you has good branding, i would choose to go commercial instead.

Unregistered 23-05-2019 09:46 AM

Bonus & resignation

Does anyone know the policy of bonus payouts in big 4? If you tender your resignation after u receive bonus letter, will you still get paid bonus?

Or if you tender 1 day after receiving bonus, can they claw it back?

Thanks in advance!