Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-05-2022 02:46 PM

Blue progression ranking name? Heard it’s different from the other color?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:25 PM

If your career goal is to become a CFO, a working experience in a big4 is a distinct advantage vs others without the former experience.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219702)
Blue progression ranking name? Heard it’s different from the other color?

G2 G1 S4 S3. Don't ask why the numbers are not even in sequence. Didn't bother finding it out

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:28 PM

If your career goal is to become a CFO, working experience in a big4 firm gives you a distinct advantage over those without the former experience.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219667)
Undergrad here. Why do so many people join big4? I’m in NTU and all my cohort people are talking about which big 4 is good. Why don’t join IB when you can earn 5x more?

Could be some school culture or guidance thing. Maybe career services didn't do enough to suggest other career options. So more one track minded

Besides IB and Big4, there are other career options for acct grad too.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219707)
G2 G1 S4 S3. Don't ask why the numbers are not even in sequence. Didn't bother finding it out

lol why you share sia

This was my trick to identify trolls who pretend to be from KP but don’t know the grades.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219710)
Could be some school culture or guidance thing. Maybe career services didn't do enough to suggest other career options. So more one track minded

Besides IB and Big4, there are other career options for acct grad too.

For me, it’s not because I went Big4 because I was from NTU

I went NTU precisely because I wanted to go Big4, and NTU is 3 years compared to NUS/SMU which is 4 years.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 05:57 PM

Hi guys, i am an average joe in NTU with average grades. However i still aspire to be a partner one day. Knowing that high flyers wont go audit, surely my chance of becoming a partner would be quite high?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219717)
Hi guys, i am an average joe in NTU with average grades. However i still aspire to be a partner one day. Knowing that high flyers wont go audit, surely my chance of becoming a partner would be quite high?

Bachelor of Accountancy?

There are no average joes in NTU. You are the main character of your story.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219715)
For me, it’s not because I went Big4 because I was from NTU

I went NTU precisely because I wanted to go Big4, and NTU is 3 years compared to NUS/SMU which is 4 years.

You can always go NTU for the 3years direct honours but still consider other career options. The only reason I choose not NTU cos I don't want to end sch too fast