Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-05-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219456)
The problem is assuming this spinoff is approved by the partners globally, who will wan to join yellow audit?

They will be joining some EY newco audit entity. Bo prestige since the consulting arms will be separate liao.

Part of the Big4 "selling point" is that they can call themselves "consultants" and that you're joining a "global consulting firm" even though ur really doing audit. Nobody feels shiok when they say they work in an "audit firm". More shiok to say "consulting firm".

Lol where got auditor will say u come from "consulting firm"? Not so easy to smoke ppl

Unregistered 28-05-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219456)

Part of the Big4 "selling point" is that they can call themselves "consultants" and that you're joining a "global consulting firm" even though ur really doing audit. Nobody feels shiok when they say they work in an "audit firm". More shiok to say "consulting firm".

I have never heard a big4 auditor says they came from a consulting firm.

Bug4 audit is big4 audit

Unregistered 28-05-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219441)
They expect one person to tank everything in an MNC engagement and handle another engagement concurrently. Only siaolang will stay.

My seniors all seem to have very high expectations

When I ask them why like that, they say this is just the way things are and they went through it when they were my grade.

What I disagree with is people expecting you to do what they did when they were your grade.

Unregistered 28-05-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219482)

When I ask them why like that, they say this is just the way things are and they went through it when they were my grade.

What I disagree with is people expecting you to do what they did when they were your grade.

Cos they also dunno. Man.. hw quality drop to this..audit without frs ssa knowledge.. lol b4 audit

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219482)

lol you incompetent? ur incompetence will sabo ur senior to clean up ur ****

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219503)
lol you incompetent? ur incompetence will sabo ur senior to clean up ur ****

they higher pay

Unregistered 28-05-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219497)
Cos they also dunno. Man.. hw quality drop to this..audit without frs ssa knowledge.. lol b4 audit

got training but it seems there is some level of assumed knowledge which may not be applicable to everyone

If Senior never teach how expect us to know

Unregistered 28-05-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219506)
got training but it seems there is some level of assumed knowledge which may not be applicable to everyone

no wonder quality drop... expecting to be spoon fed.. gg

Unregistered 28-05-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219506)

They don’t know also. They just throw to you so if you found out eventually, they take credits and learn from thw work you did

Unregistered 28-05-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219517)
They don’t know also. They just throw to you so if you found out eventually, they take credits and learn from thw work you did

Yea, that’s how most seniors work sadly. Expect the Chao associates to know and if don’t know then blame the associates. No wonder all don’t want join big 4 audit