Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 17-05-2022 03:00 PM

Lol please don’t mislead people with what 13k and 20k

Salary is P&C, so it’s not convenient for me to share here - you can easily Google Glassdoor and other more reliable online sources if you want to know the ballpark of how much people are getting.

But if you’re looking to “get rich quick”, and not caring for the learning and growth opportunities, then perhaps this is not the place for you.

Unregistered 17-05-2022 07:32 PM

does SM have a salary cap

Unregistered 17-05-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218060)
Lol please don’t mislead people with what 13k and 20k

Salary is P&C, so it’s not convenient for me to share here - you can easily Google Glassdoor and other more reliable online sources if you want to know the ballpark of how much people are getting.

But if you’re looking to “get rich quick”, and not caring for the learning and growth opportunities, then perhaps this is not the place for you.

I think ppl trying to clear the nonsense of sm vs commercial regional manager. SM 13K..how many years in.??

Unregistered 17-05-2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218051)
Still one of the best possible paths, if not THE best for Poly grads.

True story:

After Poly I went university study 3 years, First Class Honors, and start as A1.

Whereas someone else went to work 2 years become A1, work another year become A2 then jump firm become Senior 1.

So on the same timeline, while I’m starting A1, he is starting S1.. lucky we not same department, else so embarrassing my former classmate become my immediate superior.

If audit can be done by poly grads, then it deserve poly grad starting pay.

Kumgongs study it at uni level. Nobody ask u to do it.

Its' like how those semicon wafer fab jobs can be done by poly grads, but you geh kiang go study at uni level engineering. No point since same starting point as associate engineer.

Unregistered 17-05-2022 11:23 PM

Degree is the easy part

SCAQ is the hard part

Last time so good, 5 days pre admission course

Now still need study after graduating not easy

Unregistered 17-05-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218051)
Still one of the best possible paths, if not THE best for Poly grads.

True story:

After Poly I went university study 3 years, First Class Honors, and start as A1.

Whereas someone else went to work 2 years become A1, work another year become A2 then jump firm become Senior 1.

So on the same timeline, while I’m starting A1, he is starting S1.. lucky we not same department, else so embarrassing my former classmate become my immediate superior.

You study accounting for poly too? How different is the curriculum and rigors of it compared to university?

Have always been curious about it. None of the FCHs in my batch were from poly, so I was kaypoh of how in depth the poly curriculum is.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218118)
You study accounting for poly too? How different is the curriculum and rigors of it compared to university?

Have always been curious about it. None of the FCHs in my batch were from poly, so I was kaypoh of how in depth the poly curriculum is.

not as in depth as university for sure. My batch has quite a few fch from poly, maybe you just dont know since people dont go around sharing their Gpa. Idk how you come to a conclusion that none of the poly has fch.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218121)
not as in depth as university for sure. My batch has quite a few fch from poly, maybe you just dont know since people dont go around sharing their Gpa. Idk how you come to a conclusion that none of the poly has fch.

NUS needs to do thesis for FCH and the batch is alot smaller than NBS

So people know each other without sharing their grades

Unregistered 18-05-2022 01:35 AM

Don't know why so many strawberry kpkb about big 4 work life balance.

My friend got $1 million inheritance still working in big 4. He can afford to shake leg and play stocks everyday but rather slog in big 4 for the learning opportunities.

Unregistered 18-05-2022 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218127)
Don't know why so many strawberry kpkb about big 4 work life balance.

My friend got $1 million inheritance still working in big 4. He can afford to shake leg and play stocks everyday but rather slog in big 4 for the learning opportunities.

cool story bro