Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 16-05-2022 12:27 AM

I am jhk and i earn more than sinkies. Heehee heee heee

Unregistered 16-05-2022 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217952)
are you sad. lonely and single??

probably fat and ugly as well

Unregistered 16-05-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217947)
Hi guys, I advice people not to quit big 4 audit. Yes the hours are brutal and most of my friends left at S1, however now I am a SM and earning way more than them. My peers are earning only 8-9k but I am earning around 13k per month (and up for partnership next year)

Commercial May give you a slight pay bump of 20% when u leave but then they give u slower increment thereafter. However, big 4 gives u guaranteed progression till SM (and junior SM is at least 9k). This deal is hard to beat which most people fail to envision.

Lies. Cos audit is sub par career. Regional manager is 20k plus. U sm 13k?? Lol csb.

Unregistered 16-05-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217898)
Call me superficial but the worst thing is...bloody long hours low pay, still can tahan abit if the chicks r chio.

But most Big 4 chicks are not chio at all. Those decent ones zhao very fast, who can blame them. Those that stay on become dinobus. Damn sian.

nowadays chio fresh grads all want to be influencers and earn big money. Which idiot wants to slog in Big 4 and earn starting pay of 3.2k which is so pathetic as it is less than 2013 civil service fresh grad starting pay? Sky is the limit when you are an influencer

Rich man son also won't join big 4. Why slog when you can be own boss or everyday shake leg at home?

You are left with those ugly bbfa and dinobu and those poor souls who are desperate for money

Unregistered 16-05-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217960)
Lies. Cos audit is sub par career. Regional manager is 20k plus. U sm 13k?? Lol csb.

============
Nonsense, where got SM 13 K?
Secondly, how u know ure up for partnership next year? So many people on the list and anything can happen. Not everyone on the list makes partner. Rumour goes that this "talent programme" and partners list is just to retain SM

Unregistered123 17-05-2022 09:00 AM

EY vs KPMG vs PwC FS Tax

Hello! Anyone has any experience in the FS tax team within KPMG/EY/PwC? In terms of promotions, culture, etc? Assistant manager / Manager level. Thanks!

Unregistered 17-05-2022 09:59 AM

Audit generally climb corporate ladder faster than Accounting right?

I see auditors 5 years can become managers, whereas pure accounting role can take much longer than that to get manager title.

Unregistered 17-05-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered123 (Post 218036)
Hello! Anyone has any experience in the FS tax team within KPMG/EY/PwC? In terms of promotions, culture, etc? Assistant manager / Manager level. Thanks!

Sorry to add on to your question.

What is the difference between FS tax and normal tax?

Unregistered 17-05-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218038)
Audit generally climb corporate ladder faster than Accounting right?

I see auditors 5 years can become managers, whereas pure accounting role can take much longer than that to get manager title.

The title doesn't matter unless you don't move out. You don't actually climb faster
You won't be a "manager" if you exited when you are a manager. Somewhat similar progression if you have moved out earlier

Unregistered 17-05-2022 12:21 PM

Still one of the best possible paths, if not THE best for Poly grads.

True story:

After Poly I went university study 3 years, First Class Honors, and start as A1.

Whereas someone else went to work 2 years become A1, work another year become A2 then jump firm become Senior 1.

So on the same timeline, while I’m starting A1, he is starting S1.. lucky we not same department, else so embarrassing my former classmate become my immediate superior.