Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 15-05-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217910)
Just don’t think about the money and life gets better.

You so desperate for money meh?

Even Senior level 1 pay is more than enough for my day to day living expenses and I can go splurge at cafes once in a while.

Once in a while only? I can splurge on cafes as many times as i want. So glad i stayed out of this accounting industry where the jhks congregate. Btw who did you vote for?

Unregistered 15-05-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217913)
Once in a while only? I can splurge on cafes as many times as i want. So glad i stayed out of this accounting industry where the jhks congregate. Btw who did you vote for?

So which industry are you working in now? Accounting industry sucks. Only boomers think it is satki

Unregistered 15-05-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217910)
Just don’t think about the money and life gets better.

You so desperate for money meh?

Even Senior level 1 pay is more than enough for my day to day living expenses and I can go splurge at cafes once in a while.

Lol most people wanna buy house leh.

Join banking or other field can go for EC and condo if your partner also work same field.

Accounting at most BTO lottery only. Lagi worse if your spouse also chao auditor

Unregistered 15-05-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217912)
In the first place, no one forced you to pick accounting what.

And even if you did pick accounting, again no one force you to do audit.

Come on, be a man and take responsibility for your own decisions.

People like to blame others for their own decisions.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217913)

You mean the ISCA council voting?

Unregistered 15-05-2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217830)
My cousin grad 15 years ago pay also 3k and that is considered low. Big 4 really treat people like slaves

12 years ago. B4 is 2k.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217912)
In the first place, no one forced you to pick accounting what.

And even if you did pick accounting, again no one force you to do audit.

Come on, be a man and take responsibility for your own decisions.

Maybe kena forced by his typical Asian boomer parents to study something professional and satki and become doctor, lawyer, acccountant. Stupid Asian boomers think Accounting is the most satki subject in Biz Sch while Marketing and Biz Mgmt are useless subjects. Joke is on them. My friend studied FASS and joined civil service become jiak liao bee while you study accounting and become big 4 slave.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 09:49 PM

Hi guys, I advice people not to quit big 4 audit. Yes the hours are brutal and most of my friends left at S1, however now I am a SM and earning way more than them. My peers are earning only 8-9k but I am earning around 13k per month (and up for partnership next year)

Commercial May give you a slight pay bump of 20% when u leave but then they give u slower increment thereafter. However, big 4 gives u guaranteed progression till SM (and junior SM is at least 9k). This deal is hard to beat which most people fail to envision.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 10:59 PM

Not interested in trading the best days of my life to climb corporate ladder.

Money can’t buy time back yo

Unregistered 16-05-2022 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217947)
Hi guys, I advice people not to quit big 4 audit. Yes the hours are brutal and most of my friends left at S1, however now I am a SM and earning way more than them. My peers are earning only 8-9k but I am earning around 13k per month (and up for partnership next year)

Commercial May give you a slight pay bump of 20% when u leave but then they give u slower increment thereafter. However, big 4 gives u guaranteed progression till SM (and junior SM is at least 9k). This deal is hard to beat which most people fail to envision.

are you sad. lonely and single??