Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-04-2022 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215164)
Yes I was the SM who interviewed you, you gave very good answers. Keep it up and see you in Marina One :)

Share with me u sneak ur way up there and how long u u spent to get there. Did u suk up the right boss or take other ppl credit etc. Or other unethical way u can share.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215199)
Cleaner than your backside can already

Compare b4 with ppl backside. Really so bad meh b4.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215200)
Share with me u sneak ur way up there and how long u u spent to get there. Did u suk up the right boss or take other ppl credit etc. Or other unethical way u can share.

everyday angkat bola, I prob took credit for ur work too lmao

Unregistered 23-04-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215186)
I think it was because I made an error in my resume and its probably a turn off quite immediately for him and hence the spin. And he's also being nice in which suggesting what I should remove in my resume mainly the objective statement paragraph which is unnecessary since its just a bunch of bombastic words

There are many things that can be turn-off in interviews: resume, how you carry yourself in the interview, how you answers certain questions. And I have given people feedback during interviews too. But turn off + nice in some other way does not mean it is alright to be mean.

Please don't be like him in the future, and recognise that is a very douchey thing to say. Getting to SM is just a passage of time, not sure why your interviewer ego is so high. -.-

Unregistered 23-04-2022 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215203)
There are many things that can be turn-off in interviews: resume, how you carry yourself in the interview, how you answers certain questions. And I have given people feedback during interviews too. But turn off + nice in some other way does not mean it is alright to be mean.

Please don't be like him in the future, and recognise that is a very douchey thing to say. Getting to SM is just a passage of time, not sure why your interviewer ego is so high. -.-

I'm an SM, what bout u bruh

Unregistered 23-04-2022 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215204)

Good job on crossing 9 years and more. It is a nice milestone.

I didn't manage to last half that time in audit. But I am quite happy with where I am, and won't envy being a SM or partner.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215204)

Sm gt 48hrs a day ? Come on bruh

Unregistered 23-04-2022 10:41 AM

I realised that those good, technical and competent auditors typically will leave after 2-3 years in audit, whereas the remaining ones in big 4 are either:
1) gunning for partnership
2) underperformers

Can anyone shed some light to this

Unregistered 23-04-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215203)

The problem with this "SM" is that there was absolutely no reason for him to make douchey statements like that in an interview. It was totally unnecessary. Was it needed to know the candidate better? No. Was it needed to convey information to see if the candidate is a mutual fit with the company? No.

There are so many ways to give feedback on a candidate's CV or profile without the need for insulting words and condescension.

In short, insulting a candidate serves NO purpose whatsoever except to power-trip and bully.

It also speaks volumes of the interviewer's character given the power imbalance. A candidate is looking to enter the company. The interviewer to some extent holds a large amount of power. And the first thing the interviewer does is to neg the candidate? Not a good look even before starting work. Imagine what happens in a real work situation...

Any self-respecting candidate would be wondering what kind of firm culture produces this kind of mid-level managers, and whether he becomes something like that after staying in the firm for long.

Unregistered 23-04-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215223)
I realised that those good, technical and competent auditors typically will leave after 2-3 years in audit, whereas the remaining ones in big 4 are either:
1) gunning for partnership
2) underperformers

Can anyone shed some light to this

Are you in this profession and your realization come from where? How long you remain in the role is a myriad of factors: job preference, how you weigh WLB and meaning of audit, your portfolio and people you happen to work with, your opportunities outside.

For people in my batch and batches 1-2 years above/below. You see things like what you said. But there are people who are weak technically and left early because of other opportunities or just not suit. There are technically strong people who stay at M or longer, and may not necessarily aim for partnership.