Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Old 21-03-2022, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Audit is a Low margin business. Really Low. Most companies won’t care u are pwc or kpmg etc. they only want the lowest cost option because audit is not sth they voluntarily want to do / sth that can increase revenue like consulting/advisory

U think abt all the partners right now that had been sucking thumbs for 20 years, just to get to their partner position now. And discover that the business was not as good as it was and medium and small CPAs trying to steal your cake. To justify for their years of grinding, obv they would want to keep their share of profits as high as possible, if business is Low, just cut down costs lah

Cut from who? Low starting pay at 3k and hire more jhk. Audit quality? Not their concern, all they got to do is to make sure no big fck ups over the years they are partner and retire with a super fat purse and good pension plan

Is a vicious cycle of the partners of partners pwn them, and once the partners made partner, they pwn us
The toxic accounting industry
Smp steal big jhk/jhb steal from sg. Still come out with sqp LOL. Last time we so shiok, work 3 years convert. Most of us still argue say wad nonsense still need pay annual fee for this status. Now pity the youngster. Got ca or no also ppl prefer jhk.

Old 21-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I guess times have changed and younger people have more options.

During my time, we readily accepted without complain that it sounds normal and fair that you must “suffer” a bit first when starting our career then next time life becomes much better.
More like if you dare to complain, people label you strawberry…

Old 21-03-2022, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I guess times have changed and younger people have more options.

During my time, we readily accepted without complain that it sounds normal and fair that you must “suffer” a bit first when starting our career then next time life becomes much better.
Your time is before 2010 ah? I prefer to work with Gen Z or younger millennials because they are more open minded and willing to challenge the status quo. Those above 35yo behave like boomers. kena abused by boss will also thank boss for the learning opportunity.

Old 21-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Your time is before 2010 ah? I prefer to work with Gen Z or younger millennials because they are more open minded and willing to challenge the status quo. Those above 35yo behave like boomers. kena abused by boss will also thank boss for the learning opportunity.
I’m part of the gen z. My senior emailed me in the middle of a Friday night and ask me to complete ASAP. I didn’t ot over the weekends obviously and got lectured on the following Monday morning. I told her I didn’t check emails after logging off. Lol. Pay me peanuts still dare expect me to work like a dog lol.
Old 21-03-2022, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I’m part of the gen z. My senior emailed me in the middle of a Friday night and ask me to complete ASAP. I didn’t ot over the weekends obviously and got lectured on the following Monday morning. I told her I didn’t check emails after logging off. Lol. Pay me peanuts still dare expect me to work like a dog lol.
Your senior is just someone with one or two more years of working experience. She is not the one paying you. Her pay might not be that great either.

But you senior is answerable for you to the manager. Don’t expect her to do your work for you.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 21-03-2022, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
big4 has lots of buibui ugly senior mgr. 35++ Liao still not married or dating someone . Then expect all young associates and seniors to be like him or her , got nth good to do on Friday night then work like dog for partners. Also no want spend time with family. No hobbies, no exercise dabao food eat in office

Srsly don’t end up like this… damn sad no matter how much u earn. And we all know how much big 4 paying u . Not worth it

Old 21-03-2022, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Not say ask you work like dog, but the nature of this line means there can be fires or emergencies that need to be attended to quickly. You should have an upfront conversation with your senior to align expectations whether they need to check and respond email over weekends. If you are not available, let them know, so they know not to disturb you.

Rather than them thinking you saw and will act on the email and expect it on Monday.

Other wise, it can come off as you having a poor sense of ownership or commitment.
Old 21-03-2022, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Audit is a Low margin business. Really Low. Most companies won’t care u are pwc or kpmg etc. they only want the lowest cost option because audit is not sth they voluntarily want to do / sth that can increase revenue like consulting/advisory

U think abt all the partners right now that had been sucking thumbs for 20 years, just to get to their partner position now. And discover that the business was not as good as it was and medium and small CPAs trying to steal your cake. To justify for their years of grinding, obv they would want to keep their share of profits as high as possible, if business is Low, just cut down costs lah

Cut from who? Low starting pay at 3k and hire more jhk. Audit quality? Not their concern, all they got to do is to make sure no big fck ups over the years they are partner and retire with a super fat purse and good pension plan

Is a vicious cycle of the partners of partners pwn them, and once the partners made partner, they pwn us
The toxic accounting industry
yes, the root cause is audit margin is really low so end up squeeze those at the bottom of the food chain.
Old 21-03-2022, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yes, the root cause is audit margin is really low so end up squeeze those at the bottom of the food chain.
Vicious cycle because when you reach the top of the food chain, it becomes your turn to expect a lot from your juniors…
Old 21-03-2022, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
When I was A1, all my friends and I agree that we will become the most awesome batch of seniors and change the culture. We will let our associates go home at 530.

Just last year we turned seniors, but.. I’m sorry it’s not that simple lol. If I let my associate go home at 530 and stop working then maybe I need to stay until next day 530…