Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-02-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63353)
Average for AD is 10-11k, but Iím sure if the company want you enough they can easily up to 12k or even more.

In my country, within the designations, there is year wise brackets so it depends if you are joining as AD1 or AD2 or AD3...I have been told that I am being taken in as AD3

Unregistered 26-02-2015 07:37 PM

Director level salary
 
Hello everyone, I am talking to one of the big4 for director level position based out of Singapore in advisory function. Can you tell me what is the sal range for a first year director in a big4 being based in Singapore. I have been quoted 13.5K monthly...is it high, reasonable or low

Unregistered 27-02-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63385)
Hello everyone, I am talking to one of the big4 for director level position based out of Singapore in advisory function. Can you tell me what is the sal range for a first year director in a big4 being based in Singapore. I have been quoted 13.5K monthly...is it high, reasonable or low

13.5 is on low side, i know one at director level for basel risk consulting/advisory getting paid 18k

Unregistered 28-02-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63341)
Just to digress a bit, can anyone confirm if it is normal for a Associate Director in a big 4 to be paid 12k? I am now in the final interview round with PWC for an Associate Director role and when the subject of pay come up, HR keep hinting that they cannot give anything more than my current pay which is 10.6k due to "internal benchmark". I want to know if it's really true or just some negotiation tactic.

It depends on which Big 4 you are going to... if you're talking about the 3 lettered one, wow 10.6k for AD3 is kinda low considering the top grade SM (SM3/4, I forgot which) earns close to 10k. So only 600+ increment for 3 years of AD?

Don't forget to factor in the poor bonuses in Big 4... 2-3 months may be the norm there, that's including 13th month.

Unregistered 28-02-2015 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63463]It depends on which Big 4 you are going to... if you're talking about the 3 lettered one, wow 10.6k for AD3 is kinda low considering the top grade SM (SM3/4, I forgot which) earns close to 10k. So only 600+ increment for 3 years of AD?

Don't forget to factor in the poor bonuses in Big 4... 2-3 months may be the norm there, that's including 13th month.[/QUOTEA couple of misconceptions here.
1) PWC (& I think the other 3 as wee) does not pay AWS. So what you get in bonus is all variable.
2) You cant compare the max of a SM with the min of a AD. You can only compare mid/average against mid/average. It is normal for the max of the grade before to be higher than the min of the next grade. In some levels the max of the lower grade might even be higher than the mid of the higher grade.

Unregistered 02-03-2015 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63469]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63463)
It depends on which Big 4 you are going to... if you're talking about the 3 lettered one, wow 10.6k for AD3 is kinda low considering the top grade SM (SM3/4, I forgot which) earns close to 10k. So only 600+ increment for 3 years of AD?

Don't forget to factor in the poor bonuses in Big 4... 2-3 months may be the norm there, that's including 13th month.[/QUOTEA couple of misconceptions here.
1) PWC (& I think the other 3 as wee) does not pay AWS. So what you get in bonus is all variable.
2) You cant compare the max of a SM with the min of a AD. You can only compare mid/average against mid/average. It is normal for the max of the grade before to be higher than the min of the next grade. In some levels the max of the lower grade might even be higher than the mid of the higher grade.

Given that an average SM reaches close to 10k before being promoted to AD1, AD3 at 10.6k is slightly low. SM to AD3 is 3 years of promotion and 10.6k implies only about $300 plus per promotion which is slightly below the norm. A SM who stays in the big 4 and gets promoted to AD3 will probably be drawing closer to 12k

A simple scale for first 5 years is:
A1 - 2700
A2 - 3100
SA1 - 3500
SA2 - 4500
AM - 5100

We're talking about 400-500 increment each time you are promoted. This is big 4 and not civil service where we have overlapping salary ranges and someone at MX11 can be paid more than someone at MX10.

Unregistered 02-03-2015 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63564]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63469)
We're talking about 400-500 increment each time you are promoted. This is big 4 and not civil service where we have overlapping salary ranges and someone at MX11 can be paid more than someone at MX10.

I don't think that is correct, at least for EY. In fact it is common complain there that the old birds at a certain rank end up higher paid than their boss, esp if its just 1 grade difference.

Unregistered 02-03-2015 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63564]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63469)

A simple scale for first 5 years is:
A1 - 2700
A2 - 3100
SA1 - 3500
SA2 - 4500
AM - 5100

What about for deal advisory or consulting departments? A1s start >3k but what is the salary progression after that?

Unregistered 03-03-2015 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63577]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63564)

What about for deal advisory or consulting departments? A1s start >3k but what is the salary progression after that?

friendly warning, a 3 lettered big4 consulting may be a shithole right now, of course depends on which consulting dept you are going to.

salary progression:
a1 3500 with no bonus
a2 3500
sa1 4000
sa2 4500
am 5100
m1 5x00

as shown, high starting salary is just to entice you, without a bonus your annual salary is actually behind other consulting peers.

Unregistered 03-03-2015 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63592]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63577)

friendly warning, a 3 lettered big4 consulting may be a shithole right now, of course depends on which consulting dept you are going to.

salary progression:
a1 3500 with no bonus
a2 3500
sa1 4000
sa2 4500
am 5100
m1 5x00

as shown, high starting salary is just to entice you, without a bonus your annual salary is actually behind other consulting peers.

Interesting, thanks for your insight. Just as a gauge, are you working at one of the big 4 consulting divisions? And, does the salary progression mean no salary increment from A1 to A2 but A2 but rather an included bonus?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2