Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 529 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5281 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 04:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is good. There are many negatives about Big4. But I think what you can take from the job depends on you. Some people work like robots, roll prior year workpapers and don't understand what they are doing. Some people learn more because they don't work like robots.

There are several things that I picked up that might be helpful in work outside audit. I have to say it has been helpful to me and I didn't actually stay very long.

1. A good familiarity of financial numbers (3+1 statements and notes to account), and understanding of accounting treatment and standards.

2. Ability to understand new things/process/risk areas and process information. Walkthrough is not about rolling prior year workpaper and finding fault for fun. It is about understanding things that you don't understand. Audit trains your mind to think in a certain way and process information, and it is actually helpful for outside work.

3. Brushing up EQ. How to manage people of various positions and perspectives from you, and getting the things you want. I am not talking about our silly seniors-senior managers who don't even know what they are talking about sometime. I am talking about speaking with junior staff to SVP/managing directors or even CFO at the clients.

4. Ability to prioritize, streamline and multi task. I can visualize my own OSM list, manage multiple deadlines, and know what is good enough work if there is not enough time.

good for you. a lot of times, as a receiver of audit, all is get is a group of auditors who doesnt even bother to want to understand the clients worknl environment and start trying to check off their boxes of yes/no.

Reply With Quote
  #5282 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 04:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, anyone can give me estimate for starting pay of assoc consultant at EY (risk and compliance)?

Reply With Quote
  #5283 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 07:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, anyone can give me estimate for starting pay of assoc consultant at EY (risk and compliance)?
You’re joining as A1? 4k

Reply With Quote
  #5284 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 07:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You’re joining as A1? 4k
careful that this is disguised as internal audit
Reply With Quote
  #5285 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 07:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
careful that this is disguised as internal audit
Yeah… SOX audit
Reply With Quote
  #5286 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 07:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is good. There are many negatives about Big4. But I think what you can take from the job depends on you. Some people work like robots, roll prior year workpapers and don't understand what they are doing. Some people learn more because they don't work like robots.

There are several things that I picked up that might be helpful in work outside audit. I have to say it has been helpful to me and I didn't actually stay very long.

1. A good familiarity of financial numbers (3+1 statements and notes to account), and understanding of accounting treatment and standards.

2. Ability to understand new things/process/risk areas and process information. Walkthrough is not about rolling prior year workpaper and finding fault for fun. It is about understanding things that you don't understand. Audit trains your mind to think in a certain way and process information, and it is actually helpful for outside work.

3. Brushing up EQ. How to manage people of various positions and perspectives from you, and getting the things you want. I am not talking about our silly seniors-senior managers who don't even know what they are talking about sometime. I am talking about speaking with junior staff to SVP/managing directors or even CFO at the clients.

4. Ability to prioritize, streamline and multi task. I can visualize my own OSM list, manage multiple deadlines, and know what is good enough work if there is not enough time.
Disagree. Audit dont even need to use much knowledge from A to S. Frs, ssa, tax etc are all learned in school. If you learn a lot in b4 means you are not studying in school.
Reply With Quote

  #5287 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 08:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Risk & Compliance "advisory" is usually Internal Audit, which is worse than the normal external audit...


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5288 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 08:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Risk & Compliance "advisory" is usually Internal Audit, which is worse than the normal external audit...
Anyone can do this job..
Reply With Quote
  #5289 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 08:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Risk & Compliance "advisory" is usually Internal Audit, which is worse than the normal external audit...
Can share y worse?
Reply With Quote
  #5290 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can share y worse?
bc it is purely internal control related and not accounting related at all hence the exit opps are much worse than normal audit
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 112,100 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,194 Replies, 877,676 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,570 Replies, 2,222,283 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,196 Replies, 858,167 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 91,449 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 123,992 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,898 Replies, 1,853,877 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,995 Replies, 8,644,209 Views
Buying or renting a property ???... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 24,448 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,462 Replies, 1,960,016 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
832 Replies, 386,791 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,425 Replies, 3,357,452 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,948 Replies, 772,890 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
819 Replies, 168,937 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,624 Replies, 867,207 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,817 Replies, 6,193,146 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
538 Replies, 184,496 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
316 Replies, 207,011 Views
Anyone ever rage quitted your job... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 970 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,829 Replies, 2,783,258 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
848 Replies, 588,617 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 133,981 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 59,460 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
843 Replies, 220,117 Views
DXC Technology Software Developer ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,060 Views
Dilemma: Higher paying job vs...
9 Replies, 698 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,324 Replies, 2,216,555 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,040 Replies, 353,464 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
212 Replies, 239,522 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
870 Replies, 501,702 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2