Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 513 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5121 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 12:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This field is a late game character

But most ppl quit in early or mid game

You need the will and guts to stay.
actually everything depends on luck in big 4

some people quit within 6 months because of crappy engagement and managers. imagine you are booked on a shitty listed company for 9 months and manager expects you to OT everyday and micromanages you.

Some kena those more relaxed engagements so can last until AM or M. some associates change engagement every 2 to 3 months so can heck care. Some kena nice managers or managers like them because they handsome, cute, or pretty etc

Reply With Quote
  #5122 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 12:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Curious do y’all OT like siao even before covid?

This OT is a culture thingy?

Reply With Quote
  #5123 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 12:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Curious do y’all OT like siao even before covid?

This OT is a culture thingy?
last time even worse cos dont have wfh lol

Reply With Quote
  #5124 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 12:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
last time even worse cos dont have wfh lol
Wah shag leh u all work so hard

How can this be normal siah your counterparts in our countries also like this?
Reply With Quote
  #5125 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 12:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big 4 usually outearn others at director level and above (about 12 yoe). Starts at a pathetic 3+ k though.

Seeing your career as a marathon, it can make sense to some, but not all. So stop whining la u guys.
Stop selling the late-bloomer koyok lah...

Already say how many times. This industry runs on attrition-based model. Statistically speaking, most people won't make it to that level and past it.

If they made it to that level, then the salaries for that level will not be so high.

The whole industry model is to ensure attrition so that there are only those few survivors who would be adequately compensated.

Obviously nobody joins a career wanting to drop out. But the fact is, it has historically happened and will continue to happen because audit is STRUCTURED that way.

Average performer can't beat the odds. The odds are there for a reason. Based on data points going back decades.

An analogy. Every officer who signs on SAF hopes to rise as high as they can. But how many people can be promoted to be full Colonel and above? The SAF is fundamentally structured to only have limited spots for those at the top. Most officers won't beat the odds.

Finally, your statement "Big 4 usually outearn others at director level and above" is questionable and not backed by data.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5126 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 01:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
or managers like them because they handsome, cute, or pretty etc
This is a universal cheat code that isn’t just limited to this industry ma
Reply With Quote

  #5127 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 01:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Average performer can't beat the odds. The odds are there for a reason. Based on data points going back decades.

An analogy. Every officer who signs on SAF hopes to rise as high as they can. But how many people can be promoted to be full Colonel and above? The SAF is fundamentally structured to only have limited spots for those at the top. Most officers won't beat the odds.
2 things.

1 - it can be quite difficult for some people to accept they are average. We live as the main character of our lives.

2 - it’s like buying TOTO. We hope to strike prize 1 but how many people can win prize 1? That doesn’t stop us from wishing we can be the one person to win it.
Reply With Quote
  #5128 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 01:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

“Once u become SM/D /Partner..”
Lol don’t be naive lah once u reach M, your promotion is not guaranteed liao
If u cant bring in new clients and make money for partners
Why should they promote u?
Dunno this thread how mani ppl said alrdy, the promotion is a trap
Big4 low ball new graduates like siao so they leave plenty of room for promoting your pay without making it expensive

Just a fact to share, some SM/AD stay in their current rank for 4-5 years already
Idk lah maybe stay 20 years will eventually make partner?
Lol depends on if u prefer to live a comfortable life somewhere else or work like dog until u are 40++ lor
Reply With Quote
  #5129 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 08:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big 4 usually outearn others at director level and above (about 12 yoe). Starts at a pathetic 3+ k though.

Seeing your career as a marathon, it can make sense to some, but not all. So stop whining la u guys.
LOL dont be naive la you say like making partner is a guaranteed thing? odds are better you strike toto sia.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5130 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 09:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL dont be naive la you say like making partner is a guaranteed thing? odds are better you strike toto sia.
Your odds of making partner are significantly higher than striking Toto first prize.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 61,950 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,283 Replies, 878,568 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 596,992 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
858 Replies, 176,029 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 4,522 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 159,516 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,709 Replies, 2,259,674 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,880 Replies, 6,242,749 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,515 Replies, 1,973,243 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
706 Replies, 220,181 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,014 Replies, 8,690,287 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 820,308 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,141 Replies, 501,063 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,032 Replies, 794,001 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 226,216 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,010 Replies, 525,116 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 68,564 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,848 Replies, 2,801,227 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,436 Replies, 3,380,495 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
858 Replies, 391,722 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 108,143 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
319 Replies, 210,240 Views
Reference Checks: Does SG HR... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 150,510 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 24,070 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 358,429 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,333 Replies, 2,233,721 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
311 Replies, 139,197 Views
Marriott International
0 Replies, 122 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 309 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2