Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 18-01-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198279)
Actually so many quit during peak, where they usually go after audit

Deliver grabfood, free and easy life

Unregistered 18-01-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198077)
Which big 4 best for fs assurance?

Orange. They take away 80% of the industry, not mentioning 2 out of 3 local banks that generate millions for the partners. But you'll work like hell these days.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198283)
Orange. They take away 80% of the industry, not mentioning 2 out of 3 local banks that generate millions for the partners. But you'll work like hell these days.

But the banks will be rotated to elsewhere soon

Unregistered 18-01-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198235)
Have this senior in my team. Peak period OT until 1-2am everyday + work over weekends, non-peak also work until 7-8 pm.

if dont stay till partner, all are just sunk cost. work so hard for wut u go somewhere else shake leg do some side job also better paid + WLB

some acc background people are really nuts...

I thought this is the norm?.. juniors also OT until 1/2am and work weekends during peak wat

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:04 PM

any opinions in deloitte accelerated career pathway? 3.5 yrs manager

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198293)
I thought this is the norm?.. juniors also OT until 1/2am and work weekends during peak wat

You all work weekends need to go back office? I know some teams really go back office

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198235)
Have this senior in my team. Peak period OT until 1-2am everyday + work over weekends, non-peak also work until 7-8 pm.

if dont stay till partner, all are just sunk cost. work so hard for wut u go somewhere else shake leg do some side job also better paid + WLB

some acc background people are really nuts...

Study so much but cannot think and work like a coolie. You pay me investment banking pay then maybe I OT until midnight and during weekends. knn, senior pay only 4-5k and expect me to work no day no night. civil servant 4k pay is everyday 5pm sayonara, 6pm at tennis court or gym having fun

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198305)
Study so much but cannot think and work like a coolie. You pay me investment banking pay then maybe I OT until midnight and during weekends. knn, senior pay only 4-5k and expect me to work no day no night. civil servant 4k pay is everyday 5pm sayonara, 6pm at tennis court or gym having fun

Civil servant will stagnate at 9 to 12k for long long time unless scholar.

Big 4 can earn higher once you hit SM, Dir, Partner levels. So depends whether you want pay or work life balance.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198305)

aiya senior management keep asking junior staff see big picture, better career progression, good exit opportunity etc..

all bs... Shopee/SEA finance opening 100 application 90 from big 4 audit ... unless u that good u can exit to that place or suck thumb join small company get lousy pay as accountant

those who join industry/bank alrdy got promoted to senior/manager without big 4 experience cos they know the business and choose the right company fresh out of uni

go with the wind die with the wind man

Unregistered 18-01-2022 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198285)
But the banks will be rotated to elsewhere soon

Believe they rotated not too long ago. Blue used to have a number of the banks, not sure what other banks are there now. There are always other FI (brokerage, asset manager) though