Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 10-12-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193258)
Sup guys just came back from my appointment with my client.

Guys forgot about all these investmant banking, consulting, banking and audit careers. They are the kind of jobs that demands a lot of your time.

I was once an auditor but i quickly realized thats not what i want. In fact, i was glad that I was approached by one of the financial services director who introduced me to a job as a financial consultant. Not only did my work life balance improved tremendously but also my reumeration (even higher than my investment banking peers omg)

I have achieved several times of MDRTs along these years, thanks to my capable team and the help from my clients. What makes me enjoy my day are the smiles that i see in my client faces through adhering to my investment and wealth planning advice.

Why are you guys still working as a slave right now? Come join our team of marvellous, bubble and extraordinary financial consultants and we will make it big together as a team :)

not everyone is money oriented like you lol - i’d rather be MBB/IB slave and do intellectually stimulating stuff

Unregistered 10-12-2021 08:17 PM

MBB/IB slave > insurance agent > audit slave

So most of you should just quit audit and join AIA/Prudential/Aviva/Great Eastern

Unregistered 10-12-2021 08:39 PM

Haha yes sure sure of course I believe suddenly so many people post like they have FCH

Which uni? Real one not? Lol lol lol lol

Unregistered 10-12-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193258)
Sup guys just came back from my appointment with my client.

Guys forgot about all these investmant banking, consulting, banking and audit careers. They are the kind of jobs that demands a lot of your time.

I was once an auditor but i quickly realized thats not what i want. In fact, i was glad that I was approached by one of the financial services director who introduced me to a job as a financial consultant. Not only did my work life balance improved tremendously but also my reumeration (even higher than my investment banking peers omg)

I have achieved several times of MDRTs along these years, thanks to my capable team and the help from my clients. What makes me enjoy my day are the smiles that i see in my client faces through adhering to my investment and wealth planning advice.

Why are you guys still working as a slave right now? Come join our team of marvellous, bubble and extraordinary financial consultants and we will make it big together as a team :)

LOL "sup guys"? U know why the whole world hates Insurance agents? It's because you guys are self-important and think you guys are at the top of the world. Coming from a job with such low barriers to entry where you don't even need a Poly Diploma to get into. There's no insurance agent thread cos no one gives a sh*t about this career path. Hence why you guys need to hijack other threads and constantly annoy others on LinkedIn in the hopes of finding someone who's unemployed and down on their luck and has no choice but to join the industry and do what you're doing now. Pathetic

Unregistered 10-12-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193285)
LOL "sup guys"? U know why the whole world hates Insurance agents? It's because you guys are self-important and think you guys are at the top of the world. Coming from a job with such low barriers to entry where you don't even need a Poly Diploma to get into. There's no insurance agent thread cos no one gives a sh*t about this career path. Hence why you guys need to hijack other threads and constantly annoy others on LinkedIn in the hopes of finding someone who's unemployed and down on their luck and has no choice but to join the industry and do what you're doing now. Pathetic

he is just trolling la its all for fun and jokes... hes probably not even an insurance agent, why get so worked up on the internet

Unregistered 10-12-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193287)
he is just trolling la its all for fun and jokes... hes probably not even an insurance agent, why get so worked up on the internet

Trolls survive on attention. They intentionally say controversial things to elicit a response from readers who are easily triggered.

By replying, or posting length texts, you are giving them exactly what they want.

Unregistered 10-12-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193285)

ikr insurance agents very haolian with their flashy cars and branded goods lol kinda happy/ glad that karma struck on that insurance agent that died during the tanjong pagar car crash

Unregistered 11-12-2021 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193196)
I’m not an average person but still chose Big 4 over higher paying offers.

Another one that think they can make partner because they are better than an "average" Big 4 auditor.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 08:41 AM

SM2/3 makes 11k-12k a month.

11k x 14 = 154k

According to the 2019/2020 IRAS annual income stats.
150k annual income is within the top 9.8% bracket of all tax paying residents in Singapore.***

It seems like by sacrificing a good 10 years, an average joe can also make it to the top 10%. Worth it?

*** Not verified. Extracted from here:
s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum-1280.html#.YbPu99BBxyw

Unregistered 11-12-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193329)
SM2/3 makes 11k-12k a month.

11k x 14 = 154k

According to the 2019/2020 IRAS annual income stats.
150k annual income is within the top 9.8% bracket of all tax paying residents in Singapore.***

It seems like by sacrificing a good 10 years, an average joe can also make it to the top 10%. Worth it?

*** Not verified. Extracted from here:
s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum-1280.html#.YbPu99BBxyw

1) There is no guarantee you will make SM after 10 years. You could accidentally screw up an assignment, you might meet a boss who doesn’t like you, you could grow weary and give up halfway. No one owes you a promotion.

2) OK suppose you could grind for 10 years and get promotions. There are other places which offers the same. And In the first place, why choose a career path where you need to grind?

3) For girls, 25 to 35 are your important childbearing years - can you manage the high stress and long hours effect on your body? For guys, can you manage your girlfriend expectations during peak when you are working such hours? Some couples cannot even survive a 2 months BMT, what about a 3 months peak?

4) Money isn’t everything. Health - both physical and mental should also be considered.

5) What are you going to do after 10 years? You wanna do audit for life?

6) Try talking to your 零零后 juniors. This “sacrifice/suffer first, do well later” concept is boomer, outdated, repulsive and not appealing at all. Work life balance is preferred.

Conclusion: You should weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself.