Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-05-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171168)
This is Singapore. Anyway the poor chap cannot land DBS SME that’s why bo bian need take traineeship or be big 4 monkey

Nobody wants to stay in Singapore for life though. The market is so small and life is so boring in Sg. Being in the Big 4 will increase one’s chances of mirgrating abroad and international work experience. It’s the brand name. Those local banks have no or little known international branding - you’ll be just stuck in tiny Singapore

Unregistered 29-05-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171250)
Nobody wants to stay in Singapore for life though. The market is so small and life is so boring in Sg. Being in the Big 4 will increase one’s chances of mirgrating abroad and international work experience. It’s the brand name. Those local banks have no or little known international branding - you’ll be just stuck in tiny Singapore

Local bank employers all very frog in a well kind of mentality. To them, joining a local bank makes sense because locally the bank has a big consumer base eg. Dbs. Thats all. They dont think about getting international brand name and rep because they have never imagined themselves working overseas or even living overseas. To them, singapore is all there is. Its the safest and most comfortably secured country to live their lives. Nothing wrong with that kind of mentality, we are brought up to not question too much and dont be too curious about the world beyond our shores. This is what keeps us living and working in singapore. Singapore cant afford a brain drain because manpower is all there is in a country without natural resources and therefore this narrative was created.

Unregistered 29-05-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171251)
Local bank employers all very frog in a well kind of mentality. To them, joining a local bank makes sense because locally the bank has a big consumer base eg. Dbs. Thats all. They dont think about getting international brand name and rep because they have never imagined themselves working overseas or even living overseas. To them, singapore is all there is. Its the safest and most comfortably secured country to live their lives. Nothing wrong with that kind of mentality, we are brought up to not question too much and dont be too curious about the world beyond our shores. This is what keeps us living and working in singapore. Singapore cant afford a brain drain because manpower is all there is in a country without natural resources and therefore this narrative was created.

Big 4 is still sh*t

Unregistered 30-05-2021 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171251)

I personally don't wanna live in Singapore for my entire life. Definitely not when I'm still young. Big 4's workload is crazy but it gives me opportunities to work abroad, to see the world and have a different perspective. Like it or not, Big 4 firms are world renowed brand names while nobody knows what's DBS or OCBC outside Asia or even JP/KR.

I don't wanna be simply working in Singapore, living in a HDB and buying a car that can only be used for 10 years

Unregistered 30-05-2021 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171273)
I personally don't wanna live in Singapore for my entire life. Definitely not when I'm still young. Big 4's workload is crazy but it gives me opportunities to work abroad, to see the world and have a different perspective. Like it or not, Big 4 firms are world renowed brand names while nobody knows what's DBS or OCBC outside Asia or even JP/KR.

I don't wanna be simply working in Singapore, living in a HDB and buying a car that can only be used for 10 years

Have fun “exploring” the world with your Big 4 salary.

Unregistered 30-05-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171273)

Just curious which country are you working in now?

Unregistered 30-05-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171274)
Have fun “exploring” the world with your Big 4 salary.

Big 4 pays market rate outside of Singapore. Case in point is the US where some of the Big 4 Strategy arms pay higher or equal to the more established consulting firms :)

Unregistered 30-05-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171391)
Big 4 pays market rate outside of Singapore. Case in point is the US where some of the Big 4 Strategy arms pay higher or equal to the more established consulting firms :)

Big 4 monkey spotted

Unregistered 31-05-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171391)

Alamak.. then why u working in big 4 sg?

Unregistered 31-05-2021 12:13 AM

Big 4 usually pay good bah , that is if u reach M and above level

Unregistered 31-05-2021 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171405)

M start at 6k good? Like SWE fresh grad salary in unicorn and FAANG. Younger plus better wlb to boot.

Unregistered 31-05-2021 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171405)

If so good, then why so many ppl quit

Unregistered 31-05-2021 08:47 AM

Fresh grad should know the truth about big 4

Severely overworked and underpaid

Unregistered 31-05-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171428)
Fresh grad should know the truth about big 4

Severely overworked and underpaid

Sounds like the dream of the NUS Trainee

Unregistered 31-05-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171438)

Don’t like that. Big 4 offer “international exposure” :D

Unregistered 31-05-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171452)
Don’t like that. Big 4 offer “international exposure” :D

Even though Big 4 standards low, they don’t take ur autistic kids though

Unregistered 31-05-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171438)

His dream not go DBS branch help wannabe entrepreneur secure SME loan meh HAHAHA

Unregistered 31-05-2021 07:09 PM

severely worked and underpaid but learning good? still an undergrad here!

Unregistered 01-06-2021 10:04 AM

Not sure why there are so many posts bashing big 4s in this thread. Is the poster being rejected by some big 4 girls or what. If not, its definitely some ex big 4s that had really bad experience and hatred to keep posting for past few pages. I cant imagine someone from big consulting firms or banks who had no experience in big 4s that would even bother to waste their time to keep bashing here.

I am an ex big 4 here. But lets be professional. Big 4 is a platform for people to gain experience and find better jobs in the future. If you are having a successful career and earning money then so be it. There is no need to put down other people’s career choices.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171639)
severely worked and underpaid but learning good? still an undergrad here!

I think it’s fantastic. But still hoping that they would accept me. As a NUS BBA who has been stuck at traineeship for more than a year..

Unregistered 01-06-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171757)
I think it’s fantastic. But still hoping that they would accept me. As a NUS BBA who has been stuck at traineeship for more than a year..

Which organisation are you a trainee in?

Unregistered 01-06-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170617)
Source your mom la. I’m from MO/BO and honestly all these FO “ridiculing” and “treated like dirt” is fking BS. At least not in SG and the BB that I am at. Which desk are you on “Associate”? You think you in WSO LOL

Anw, the pay + hours are 100% better in MO vs Big 4 and believe it or not, I have offers from many consultancies (PM roles) throughout my stint. Allow me to explain (since you’re obviously not in BB MO). Most of the clearing and settlement etc are now handed offshore (eg in India) and typically pure-play MO roles based in SG are more focused on IA projects now (if you are in the industry, you would know that the market is flooded with PM roles now at both the ED, VP and ED levels).

LOL keep telling yourself that and stroking your ego, you MO/BO are all the same. Didn't do well enough in school to make it to FO. Trust me, you are no better than Big 4. Hahaha you poor naive child, just because we don't say it your faces doesn't mean we don't ridicule and talk **** about you amongst ourselves.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170837)
8 to 9k in a middle office bank role is a good standard

You mean that's what you're getting and you're telling everyone that's a good standard??? LMAO don't make me laugh

Unregistered 01-06-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171763)
LOL keep telling yourself that and stroking your ego, you MO/BO are all the same. Didn't do well enough in school to make it to FO. Trust me, you are no better than Big 4. Hahaha you poor naive child, just because we don't say it your faces doesn't mean we don't ridicule and talk **** about you amongst ourselves.

Are you BB FO? If so then good job to you and do show some decency and respect to the 99.5% of the rest of the population who do not sit in that "almighty" pedestal acting all stuck-up.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170855)
Exactly. 8 to 9k is already quite low already, but his big 4 brain cannot comprehend it.

I think moderator needs to step in and sort this out - someone's apparently replying to himself to validate his original comments, using words like "Exactly", posting replies soon after his own comments. I mean, folks, that's what you get with MO/BO, too much time on your hands so you visit Big 4 forums to stroke ur own LJ.

Let me guess, mycareersfuture (to compare your 8-9k salary with others), glassdoor and Big 4 threads are your favourites/ on your bookmark bar? hahahahahaha

Unregistered 01-06-2021 12:43 PM

Triggered Big 4 Monkey spotted. Yes baby, MO/BO makes more than you do. Inject it.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171768)
I think moderator needs to step in and sort this out - someone's apparently replying to himself to validate his original comments, using words like "Exactly", posting replies soon after his own comments. I mean, folks, that's what you get with MO/BO, too much time on your hands so you visit Big 4 forums to stroke ur own LJ.

Let me guess, mycareersfuture (to compare your 8-9k salary with others), glassdoor and Big 4 threads are your favourites/ on your bookmark bar? hahahahahaha

Lol y so butthurt?

Unregistered 01-06-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171766)
Are you BB FO? If so then good job to you and do show some decency and respect to the 99.5% of the rest of the population who do not sit in that "almighty" pedestal acting all stuck-up.

Yup, just dishing it to the BB MO/BO kids who keep shitting on others - feels kinda good. Karma's a biatch, eh?

Unregistered 01-06-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171768)

Meanwhile you’re posting at 11am on a Tuesday.

Relax, you’d get there eventually. Just slower that’s all.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171776)
Lol y so butthurt?

Not butthurt at all - merely laughing at you talk up your 8-9k salary as the gold standard when there are others with 3 years of experience, drawing 20k in base + 80-100% in bonus in FO.

It's fine if you think you are way ahead of the curve, just keep that to yourself and don't put others down, like how many of you are shitting on Big 4 people in a Big 4 thread (hello? go find your own MO/BO thread to jerk off)

There needs to be someone to bring these high-almighty BO/MO punks back down to Earth.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171795)
Yup, just dishing it to the BB MO/BO kids who keep shitting on others - feels kinda good. Karma's a biatch, eh?

You BB FO? You? BB FO?

Seriously, you? HAHAHAHA

Unregistered 01-06-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171796)
Meanwhile you’re posting at 11am on a Tuesday.

Relax, you’d get there eventually. Just slower that’s all.

And you're posting at 3pm. End of day already for MO/BO? KYC check done already? Onboard the clients already? Faster settle the trades before markets close. Don't forget to report the P&L movements post market close if not ur 2-3 months bonus will elude you.

Tonight you can sleep easy cause MDW.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171798)
You BB FO? You? BB FO?

Seriously, you? HAHAHAHA

But seriously, you, BB FO?

Big 4 monkey say big 4 monkey leh. 3pm market open come tell me BB FO. LOL.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171801)

LOL, market open? MDW pls. I have no beef with Big 4 people, yea pay is **** but at least they make an honest living. What I can't put up with is you MO/BO shitting on others whom you feel are below you (not necessarily) and flaunt your 8-9k base as if you are gold standard. You won't even have a job or bonus or promotion if the FO guys don't bust their ass to support your cost centre. The truth hurts man.

Who says FO has to be S&T? I'm in M&A. Ever heard of DCF, comps, merger model? hahaha

Unregistered 01-06-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171808)
LOL, market open? MDW pls. I have no beef with Big 4 people, yea pay is **** but at least they make an honest living. What I can't put up with is you MO/BO shitting on others whom you feel are below you (not necessarily) and flaunt your 8-9k base as if you are gold standard. You won't even have a job or bonus or promotion if the FO guys don't bust their ass to support your cost centre. The truth hurts man.

Who says FO has to be S&T? I'm in M&A. Ever heard of DCF, comps, merger model? hahaha

Look at this imposter. So your desk which is based in SG primarily do US market? Please stop, it’s getting really embarrassing.

Oh, now you in M&A? You honestly crack me up LOL. Wah fk bro, your dcf, relative valuation and pro forms models got me believing you bro!! Big 4 monkey. “M&A”, lul.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 04:13 PM

Pro forma*

Unregistered 01-06-2021 04:13 PM

U all can talk all you want. The best way to prove it is to show your income tax: Lol s://imgur.com/gallery/12srLYq

Unregistered 01-06-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171801)

he from zou bo desk you dk? quite cute ah big 4 ppl

btw us market is open today, assuming his desk is us centric (in Singapore lol)

Unregistered 01-06-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 171809)
Look at this imposter. So your desk which is based in SG primarily do US market? Please stop, it’s getting really embarrassing.

Oh, now you in M&A? You honestly crack me up LOL. Wah fk bro, your dcf, relative valuation and pro forms models got me believing you bro!! Big 4 monkey. “M&A”, lul.

LMAO who said about anyone in S&T? Ur BO/MO eyes seem like they can't read so well, no wonder always fk up trades, KYC. Poor you, nobody pats you on the back for a good job well done but everyone fk you up when you make a mistake. 5pm eh, time to pangkang? Don't miss the shuttle bus from CBP ar.

Did you just google Corporate Finance Institute/ WSO/ Wallstreetprep to come up with relative valuation, DCF? Do you even know what to use DCF, Comps/ Precedent Transactions for or you're just spewing that to make yourself look smart? Or even pro forma models (hint: LBO). Come, tell me how do you use all of the output from your income and market approach. Your MO/BO brain would explode just having to download the technicals needed cause all you know how to use is your internal banking system to approve trades, LexisNexis to do KYC.

Unregistered 01-06-2021 05:05 PM

Seeing this all happening in a big 4 thread cracks me up. On one hand you have a sour MO/BO lifer spewing **** about big 4 (and mocking anyone who disagrees with him as a big 4 monkey, yes you are easily identifiable by your choice of words).

On the other side you have a FO guy mocking the BO/MO guy. This is all like a food chain. Well, let’s put it this way, there’s a reason why the BO/MO guy isn’t at the high finance thread talking nonsense cos he will be put down like a dying dog. So just stop whining and yelping and let this thread be a useful database for aspiring big 4 employees. Pls save us all the trouble, thx.