Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 18-10-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186988)
Is there pressure on Big 4 auditors to look good ? All carrying branded bags , wearing branded jewellery etc

Maybe for partners and SMs. Staff preorder to wear smart casual.wear so nice for what? Not like the pay is good and company is like a sweatshop

Unregistered 18-10-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186988)
Is there pressure on Big 4 auditors to look good ? All carrying branded bags , wearing branded jewellery etc

thats only for investment bankers and MBB consultants lmao

Unregistered 18-10-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186908)
10% is from the perspective of SM?

Cause the odds from A1 should be much lower? I recall a senior told me every year they take in 100+ new associates but most are gone by S3 year.

Anyway yes, it’s all about the hopes of being that 1%.

S3 in yellow are mostly those who joined from mid tier or transferred from Malaysia. The original batch who remain in S3 year can count with one hand

Unregistered 18-10-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186980)
KPMG - company's culture is good, HR actively trying to communicate with the whole organisation with monthly events etc etc

They got clubhouse where they got beer taps and there's on-going promo on every Monday (can someone from blue firm confirm this) but too bad now due to pandemic they're closed

and also blue pays 20% more for your salary once u completed your SQ s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/kpmg-to-give-20-pay-bump-to-auditors-for-chartered-accountant-qualification

PwC - a lot of big clients = more exposure + the tech wise, they're more advanced

Hi may I ask if it’s for tax, which big 4 firm is better?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186895)
Insurance agent is a good path for unintelligent ppl, frankly. Those not book smart but street smart and shameless/thick skinned.

It has nothing to do with value to society; the value insurance agents brng to society is absolutely zero. It is just how our society is structured and the greed of the local life insurance market to require captive agencies.

There's no industry impetus for the insurers to cut out the middleman parasitic agents
when there's a massive pool of low-cost labor / fresh grads easily lured in by promise of easy riches to become agents. Same with the property agent sector too

If you think you don't hv the brainpower to work in a real advisory sector and are the ambitious striver sort who's willing to hustle, insurance sales is a good option.

But if you're ambitious and want to be intellectually stimulated, then join IB tech law consulting or smth like that. Some people need that intellectual challenge from a job.

We do not care about whether the job value adds to the society or if it is intellectual stimulating. What keeps us going is the fat paycheck we receive from selling high commission ILPs. Who cares about value adding its just plain ******** or kool aid advice most people received.

Is a dog eat dog world outside my friend. Only those who are thick skinned and cunning wins the rat race :)

Unregistered 18-10-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186996)
We do not care about whether the job value adds to the society or if it is intellectual stimulating. What keeps us going is the fat paycheck we receive from selling high commission ILPs. Who cares about value adding its just plain ******** or kool aid advice most people received.

Is a dog eat dog world outside my friend. Only those who are thick skinned and cunning wins the rat race :)

What is your hp no. I want to buy from you.

Unregistered 18-10-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186980)
KPMG - company's culture is good, HR actively trying to communicate with the whole organisation with monthly events etc etc

They got clubhouse where they got beer taps and there's on-going promo on every Monday (can someone from blue firm confirm this) but too bad now due to pandemic they're closed

and also blue pays 20% more for your salary once u completed your SQ s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/kpmg-to-give-20-pay-bump-to-auditors-for-chartered-accountant-qualification

PwC - a lot of big clients = more exposure + the tech wise, they're more advanced

Cool. Does that mean that PwC's pay is 20% lower than KPMG from 3rd year onwards?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186995)
Hi may I ask if it’s for tax, which big 4 firm is better?

this one idk hahaha, i am not in tax line but firm wise pwc and kpmg!

Unregistered 18-10-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186998)
Cool. Does that mean that PwC's pay is 20% lower than KPMG from 3rd year onwards?

if clear all the sq papers then yes. i think by the time you clear liao alr AM no meh

Unregistered 18-10-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186996)

Bro i agree with your advice its a dog eat dog world and zero sum game where one benefits from someone else's demise. I am a financial services advisory assistant director in one of the reputable insurance firms and I derive most of my income from my existing ILP clients and a team of FA under me (alllowing me to earn overriding commission income from their blood sweat effort). It took me 10 years to reach to reach this position and i am happy at where I am now today, where i exploit my team by pressuring them with demanding sales KPI to hit. This is where i am still able to survive in this industry today and living the luxurious life.

To everyone here, to succeed in life, you just need to learn how to make use of people around you to your own advantage yet at the same time tricking them that this is the process for their career growth. This is something where partners or CEO of any firms will never admit but it is true :)