Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 317 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3161 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 12:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
insurance agent means insurance agent LOL. by calling themselves a financial consultant is a misleading job title, you think these insurance agents are backed with extensive financial knowledge? more like salesperson with a great sense of persuasion skills to con those uncle and aunties or even innocent young adults that does not go to business school
Financial consultant LOL

Reply With Quote
  #3162 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 12:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no, in fact i only got a 2.2. i passed 7k in my 4th year and now at 10.5 in my 6th year

the problem is starting at a big 4 depresses your pay trajectory, the "supposed pay increments" are simply adjustments to what better pay people can get outside

of course if big 4 is your only option, you only have yourself to blame
Lol what a bs. What is your job?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3163 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 12:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Seems so jia lat to work at big 4. Should i go to small 30 instead?

Reply With Quote
  #3164 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
take 3k salary still do free OT for the firm. they stupid or what. might as well go do grab food instead of doing OT. if my pay is 3k i just shut down laptop at 6pm sharp everyday
3k really can eat sheet lol. Imagine having to OT and the only thing to feel shiok about is getting cab home at the end of the night.
Reply With Quote
  #3165 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3k really can eat sheet lol. Imagine having to OT and the only thing to feel shiok about is getting cab home at the end of the night.
Some managers want you to share cab so you can only take cab to the nearest shopping mall and take public transport from there. Cheapskate to the max.end work at 8pm but only get home at 930pm
Reply With Quote
  #3166 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
insurance agent means insurance agent LOL. by calling themselves a financial consultant is a misleading job title, you think these insurance agents are backed with extensive financial knowledge? more like salesperson with a great sense of persuasion skills to con those uncle and aunties or even innocent young adults that does not go to business school
We brand ourselves as financial consultant because we offer personal financr solutions to our clients. We specialize mainly selling health insurances and investment advisory services. This job is certainly more lucrative than your typical 9 to 6 job, or even jobs with lots of OT like audit, consulting, tech and investment banking.

You may call us con artists but at the end of the day its the pay that counts and we make more thab you guys
Reply With Quote

  #3167 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 09:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We brand ourselves as financial consultant because we offer personal financr solutions to our clients. We specialize mainly selling health insurances and investment advisory services. This job is certainly more lucrative than your typical 9 to 6 job, or even jobs with lots of OT like audit, consulting, tech and investment banking.

You may call us con artists but at the end of the day its the pay that counts and we make more thab you guys
More lucrative than ib and tech LOL. Why are you trying to get people to bash insurance?
Reply With Quote
  #3168 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
More lucrative than ib and tech LOL. Why are you trying to get people to bash insurance?
I just want to shed some light in the industry and it is not as bad as what the general public thinms. We have flexible schedule, good work life balance and it is a job that rewards one well with great results. It definitely better than a typical 9-6 job out there when your pay as a financial consultant, the sky is the limit.

People who usually bash the profession is because they are just salty that we people make way more than them, better working lifestyles and "unethical sellers". On the last point, to be honest, ethics is an overrated virtue and many of us will do whatever it takes to close a deal (be it what you call it selling to aunties, uncles or gullible young adultd) so that we can enjoy luxurious lifestyles
Reply With Quote
  #3169 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 09:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just want to shed some light in the industry and it is not as bad as what the general public thinms. We have flexible schedule, good work life balance and it is a job that rewards one well with great results. It definitely better than a typical 9-6 job out there when your pay as a financial consultant, the sky is the limit.

People who usually bash the profession is because they are just salty that we people make way more than them, better working lifestyles and "unethical sellers". On the last point, to be honest, ethics is an overrated virtue and many of us will do whatever it takes to close a deal (be it what you call it selling to aunties, uncles or gullible young adultd) so that we can enjoy luxurious lifestyles
Big 4 partners also do whatever it takes to get new clients and increase profits. That includes exploiting their employees who love to be abused
Reply With Quote
  #3170 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There is no audit evidence to support what all of you are saying.

Provide supporting for your qualifications and salary if you want to make a point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,162 Replies, 3,152,655 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,284 Replies, 2,115,705 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,196 Replies, 2,892,303 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,390 Replies, 331,861 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,229 Replies, 3,944,359 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
344 Replies, 110,878 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
397 Replies, 433,193 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
967 Replies, 659,698 Views
20% salary bump? ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 5,360 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
563 Replies, 234,043 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,847 Replies, 9,617,673 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,504 Replies, 726,827 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,145 Replies, 957,216 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 5,767 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
525 Replies, 285,505 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 143,567 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 187,075 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,476 Replies, 2,535,116 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,048 Replies, 7,137,661 Views
Electrical Engineering Jobs in...
2 Replies, 374 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,686 Replies, 3,317,266 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 106,599 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
563 Replies, 215,862 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 254,017 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
730 Replies, 205,965 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 181,747 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,398 Replies, 1,171,303 Views
RM Salaries and Commissions
0 Replies, 121 Views
What are some good non-fang tech... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 18,882 Views
Be a commodities trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
223 Replies, 216,518 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2