Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 18-10-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186856)
insurance agent means insurance agent LOL. by calling themselves a financial consultant is a misleading job title, you think these insurance agents are backed with extensive financial knowledge? more like salesperson with a great sense of persuasion skills to con those uncle and aunties or even innocent young adults that does not go to business school

Financial consultant LOL

Unregistered 18-10-2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186841)
no, in fact i only got a 2.2. i passed 7k in my 4th year and now at 10.5 in my 6th year

the problem is starting at a big 4 depresses your pay trajectory, the "supposed pay increments" are simply adjustments to what better pay people can get outside

of course if big 4 is your only option, you only have yourself to blame

Lol what a bs. What is your job?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 12:56 AM

Seems so jia lat to work at big 4. Should i go to small 30 instead?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186846)
take 3k salary still do free OT for the firm. they stupid or what. might as well go do grab food instead of doing OT. if my pay is 3k i just shut down laptop at 6pm sharp everyday

3k really can eat sheet lol. Imagine having to OT and the only thing to feel shiok about is getting cab home at the end of the night.

Unregistered 18-10-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186870)
3k really can eat sheet lol. Imagine having to OT and the only thing to feel shiok about is getting cab home at the end of the night.

Some managers want you to share cab so you can only take cab to the nearest shopping mall and take public transport from there. Cheapskate to the max.end work at 8pm but only get home at 930pm

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186856)
insurance agent means insurance agent LOL. by calling themselves a financial consultant is a misleading job title, you think these insurance agents are backed with extensive financial knowledge? more like salesperson with a great sense of persuasion skills to con those uncle and aunties or even innocent young adults that does not go to business school

We brand ourselves as financial consultant because we offer personal financr solutions to our clients. We specialize mainly selling health insurances and investment advisory services. This job is certainly more lucrative than your typical 9 to 6 job, or even jobs with lots of OT like audit, consulting, tech and investment banking.

You may call us con artists but at the end of the day its the pay that counts and we make more thab you guys :)

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186877)
We brand ourselves as financial consultant because we offer personal financr solutions to our clients. We specialize mainly selling health insurances and investment advisory services. This job is certainly more lucrative than your typical 9 to 6 job, or even jobs with lots of OT like audit, consulting, tech and investment banking.

You may call us con artists but at the end of the day its the pay that counts and we make more thab you guys :)

More lucrative than ib and tech LOL. Why are you trying to get people to bash insurance?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186878)
More lucrative than ib and tech LOL. Why are you trying to get people to bash insurance?

I just want to shed some light in the industry and it is not as bad as what the general public thinms. We have flexible schedule, good work life balance and it is a job that rewards one well with great results. It definitely better than a typical 9-6 job out there when your pay as a financial consultant, the sky is the limit.

People who usually bash the profession is because they are just salty that we people make way more than them, better working lifestyles and "unethical sellers". On the last point, to be honest, ethics is an overrated virtue and many of us will do whatever it takes to close a deal (be it what you call it selling to aunties, uncles or gullible young adultd) so that we can enjoy luxurious lifestyles :)

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186879)
I just want to shed some light in the industry and it is not as bad as what the general public thinms. We have flexible schedule, good work life balance and it is a job that rewards one well with great results. It definitely better than a typical 9-6 job out there when your pay as a financial consultant, the sky is the limit.

People who usually bash the profession is because they are just salty that we people make way more than them, better working lifestyles and "unethical sellers". On the last point, to be honest, ethics is an overrated virtue and many of us will do whatever it takes to close a deal (be it what you call it selling to aunties, uncles or gullible young adultd) so that we can enjoy luxurious lifestyles :)

Big 4 partners also do whatever it takes to get new clients and increase profits. That includes exploiting their employees who love to be abused

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:55 AM

There is no audit evidence to support what all of you are saying.

Provide supporting for your qualifications and salary if you want to make a point.