Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 30 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #291 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Like I have said before, big 4 is the lousiest students. All the best accounting students have already found their exits already...

I would never join big 4 as well. **** pay, **** hours, nothing good.

Reply With Quote
  #292 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Tax career

Some are bashing big4, some are promoting big 4.
I have noticed, the talks are all on audit or advisory.

How about tax? Tax for a long term career.
What is the progression for tax in big 4, and outside of big 4?
Using big 4 as a stepping stone for tax career, and moving out at a later part, advisable?

Ultimately, looking at work-life balance with stable pay to support in the future.

Reply With Quote
  #293 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some are bashing big4, some are promoting big 4.
I have noticed, the talks are all on audit or advisory.

How about tax? Tax for a long term career.
What is the progression for tax in big 4, and outside of big 4?
Using big 4 as a stepping stone for tax career, and moving out at a later part, advisable?

Ultimately, looking at work-life balance with stable pay to support in the future.
The funny thing about people interested in big 4 is they keep harboring unrealistic expectation that their chosen field will be better than the rest.

Honestly in terms of pay & progression at least for the first 5 years, there really is very little difference between lines regardless of tax, advisory, tax, international mobility etc.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #294 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Two of you talking rubbish!

You need big 4 experience plus CA certification to be a future CFO of multinational firms. This has proven to be the most convenient method. Unless one expires to be a successful banker or fund manager, entering big 4 is the way to go.
Let's put it this way. Big 4 is like BMT. If you get through the first few years in a Big 4, congrats to you. You passed BASIC military training (with recruit pay).

The top notch go to OCS. others go to sispec. many become men
Reply With Quote
  #295 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let's put it this way. Big 4 is like BMT. If you get through the first few years in a Big 4, congrats to you. You passed BASIC military training (with recruit pay).

The top notch go to OCS. others go to sispec. many become men
That's how the big 4 would like you to think, that they are BMT and compulsory so please accept lousy pay, suck it up & work like a cow so that in the future you can go OCS/Sispec.

Reality is there are so many other better paying and relax courses you can go and still end up in OCS/Sispec. There is no need to torture yourself in BMT.
Reply With Quote
  #296 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 02:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The funny thing about people interested in big 4 is they keep harboring unrealistic expectation that their chosen field will be better than the rest.

Honestly in terms of pay & progression at least for the first 5 years, there really is very little difference between lines regardless of tax, advisory, tax, international mobility etc.
Understood about the first 5 years, and sort of knew about it.
What about the long term pathway? In terms of progression into commercial area or to stick in big 4.
Reply With Quote

  #297 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Understood about the first 5 years, and sort of knew about it.
What about the long term pathway? In terms of progression into commercial area or to stick in big 4.
That's not very useful since your career path is different. For example, a tax career might pay more than an advisory career.

Inside Big 4, the difference between LoS is marginal for the grunt staff (anything below SM/AD).
Reply With Quote
  #298 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Understood about the first 5 years, and sort of knew about it.
What about the long term pathway? In terms of progression into commercial area or to stick in big 4.
Honestly we dont even know what will happen 3 years down the road, it is waste of time to think long term. Things change all the time, who can say for sure whether a tax guy will make more than a audit guy 10 years down the road???

Concentrate more on doing your job properly and learn how to play your politics NOW then waste time thinking of 'long term'
Reply With Quote
  #299 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly we dont even know what will happen 3 years down the road, it is waste of time to think long term. Things change all the time, who can say for sure whether a tax guy will make more than a audit guy 10 years down the road???

Concentrate more on doing your job properly and learn how to play your politics NOW then waste time thinking of 'long term'
Relax man. Why so angst. It's just a hypothetical question. You don't have to reply if you don't want to.
Ain't even comparing about the different lines.

Knowing more doesn't hurts.
Reply With Quote
  #300 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Relax man. Why so angst. It's just a hypothetical question. You don't have to reply if you don't want to.
Ain't even comparing about the different lines.

Knowing more doesn't hurts.
Have to disagree on this. Knowing a little is actually more dangerous than knowing nothing. It cause you to chase after the latest fad.

I never believe in casual claims like doing XXX has a better future than YYY. So many unknowns and changes, we should not be making decisions base on predicting something that is unpredictable. Learnt it the hard way.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,766 Replies, 1,360,374 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,265 Replies, 12,306,184 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,992 Replies, 2,101,921 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 55,376 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
464 Replies, 258,798 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,093 Replies, 2,250,644 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,240 Replies, 591,415 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,653 Replies, 1,497,833 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,270 Replies, 743,436 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,889 Replies, 10,203,882 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,261 Replies, 6,401,736 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 73,795 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,698 Replies, 4,867,846 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,014,959 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,204 Replies, 3,334,659 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 323,503 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 426,381 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 525,416 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,260 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,344,696 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 310,156 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,889 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,530 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 986,624 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,340 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,618 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 485,666 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 254 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,945 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,477,087 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2