Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-10-2021 12:29 AM

Hi there. I am joining PwC soon. Can someone tell me what is the 'Care Award' allowance of $250 per year? Can I claim optical expenses with that allowance?

Also, does PwC sponsor CA ANZ qualification?

Unregistered 11-10-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185846)
Hi there. I am joining PwC soon. Can someone tell me what is the 'Care Award' allowance of $250 per year? Can I claim optical expenses with that allowance?

its just $250, classic "give u chicken wing take back the whole chicken"

Unregistered 11-10-2021 08:58 PM

just look at the female SM and partners. Most are single, except for those who are partners for donkey years

Unregistered 11-10-2021 08:58 PM

I'd say personally sad case, gave up a lifetime of happyness with kids and family for higher income and job that dont appreciate you

Unregistered 11-10-2021 09:09 PM

Most of the new female SMs & junior partners are single. I am not sure what they hope to achieve , work till 65 - earn high salary , fat bank balances- But no one to pass inheritance to? All in the name of prestige and status , which goes away once you retire- what good isit I always wonder to retire all alone without a husband or children to keep you company. What good is all the money earned?

Strangely, on the contrary , most of the males are married. their spouses take the backseat and raise the children. Not to be sexist but I wonder why the females slog so hard for the big 4 at the expense of their own possible shot at happyness in terms of family life , being a wife or a mother.

Unregistered 11-10-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185903)
Most of the new female SMs & junior partners are single. I am not sure what they hope to achieve , work till 65 - earn high salary , fat bank balances- But no one to pass inheritance to? All in the name of prestige and status , which goes away once you retire- what good isit I always wonder to retire all alone without a husband or children to keep you company. What good is all the money earned?

Strangely, on the contrary , most of the males are married. their spouses take the backseat and raise the children. Not to be sexist but I wonder why the females slog so hard for the big 4 at the expense of their own possible shot at happyness in terms of family life , being a wife or a mother.

Thats why i realized in my firm too. I guess maybe when you are rich you can always be a sugar mommy to younger guys to have some companionship at least.

Unregistered 12-10-2021 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185846)

Did you receive any emails closer to your commencement dates? I am starting soon and yet I have received no emails. No way they will rescind offer right?

Unregistered 12-10-2021 12:34 AM

It goes to show to succeed in big 4 you have to give your youth and prime to big 4 . Corporate prestige, money is not worth it at the expense of giving up family life . They “ marry” their work and for what ? Higher salary in their 40s - what use isit when you are too old to travel or have no one to share life’s happyness with

Money and pestige isnt everything . Wealth is all about passing down . What point is wealth if you have no legacy to pass forward or no one to share it with ?

Most of these women become nasty as they age , starting to hate life and taking it out on subordinates as felt of aging alone starts to become a problem. Some of them get obsessed in the care of parents and are lost when parents are no longer there.

I tried to explain to a friend once who is still gunning to be partner . Alas she thought i was jealous . Looking at her now , i wonder if she will find it worth it 20 yrs down the road ? So what if she becomes partner ? What will happen when they retire i wonder . Mental health plagues for sure

Unregistered 12-10-2021 12:35 AM

The ones who leave are smart at least they can set up family

Unregistered 12-10-2021 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185928)
It goes to show to succeed in big 4 you have to give your youth and prime to big 4 . Corporate prestige, money is not worth it at the expense of giving up family life . They “ marry” their work and for what ? Higher salary in their 40s - what use isit when you are too old to travel or have no one to share life’s happyness with

Money and pestige isnt everything . Wealth is all about passing down . What point is wealth if you have no legacy to pass forward or no one to share it with ?

Most of these women become nasty as they age , starting to hate life and taking it out on subordinates as felt of aging alone starts to become a problem. Some of them get obsessed in the care of parents and are lost when parents are no longer there.

I tried to explain to a friend once who is still gunning to be partner . Alas she thought i was jealous . Looking at her now , i wonder if she will find it worth it 20 yrs down the road ? So what if she becomes partner ? What will happen when they retire i wonder . Mental health plagues for sure

Besides working on weekends chasing staff, they will also post articles on Linkedin. It is a badge of honour to them. As long as they are happy, so be it. Not every lady aspire to be a mother or wife.