Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-09-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183499)
So what reason is there for choosing one of the other three besides KPMG if you are already a CA?

Any inputs from the senior associates here?

Unregistered 20-09-2021 07:22 AM

Equity partner in big 4 earns how much

Unregistered 20-09-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183609)
Any inputs from the senior associates here?

I donít think there is any reason.

You would be just happy to get any big4 job when you grad
KP only pay 20% when you get CA, so the first few years donít matter at all, but by the time you reach senior associate and get CA, you just want to quit already. No one care about jumping from a big4 audit to KP audit

And of course everything comes down to opportunity. Everyone wants to apply KP but KP wonít hire everyone.

Unregistered 20-09-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183625)
I donít think there is any reason.

You would be just happy to get any big4 job when you grad
KP only pay 20% when you get CA, so the first few years donít matter at all, but by the time you reach senior associate and get CA, you just want to quit already. No one care about jumping from a big4 audit to KP audit

And of course everything comes down to opportunity. Everyone wants to apply KP but KP wonít hire everyone.

So given that
1) I am already a CA
2) Iím not part of the ďwant to quit alreadyĒ group
3) I do care about jumping from a Big4 audit to KP audit if they are paying 20% more

You recommend I go over if I get the opportunity to do so?

Unregistered 20-09-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183628)
So given that
1) I am already a CA
2) Iím not part of the ďwant to quit alreadyĒ group
3) I do care about jumping from a Big4 audit to KP audit if they are paying 20% more

You recommend I go over if I get the opportunity to do so?

Yeah why not?
My friend in KP audit draws higher salary than my other audit friends, and the **** you get in audit is the same in any big4 lol

Unregistered 20-09-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183586)
Can someone explain to me this concept of singapore equity partner in the big 4?
Are u paid a salary/bonuses?

Uhh company law was never my best subject but let me try.

Big4 are structured as Limited Liability Partnership instead of Companies.

So instead of shareholders, they have Partners.

Equity partners arenít just employees, they literally own a share of the business. Except instead of ďsharesĒ like companies, itís structured like a stake which is determined by their partner ship agreement. So the senior partners would likely have a larger stake. And you canít freely buy/sell this stake like shares - its all based on the agreement with the partnership.

They draw a monthly salary, but beyond that they get PROFIT SHARING which is the big bucks. It ties in directly with the firms performance and their contributions.

The range between junior and senior partner is huge - you can Google ďbig 4 partner salaryĒ to get a rough idea.

Unregistered 20-09-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183615)
Equity partner in big 4 earns how much

Iím sure you can Google but Iíll save you some effort

s://big4accountingfirms.com/big-4-partner-salary/

Iím not going to help you with the currency conversion. Do that yourself.

Unregistered 21-09-2021 07:11 PM

What happens if the whole audit team resigns except for the manager and partner? I am sick of the endless workload, unreasonable deadlines and the miserable colleagues who have anxiety and OCD problems. Can I just throw letter and ignore my work?

Unregistered 21-09-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183732)
What happens if the whole audit team resigns except for the manager and partner? I am sick of the endless workload, unreasonable deadlines and the miserable colleagues who have anxiety and OCD problems. Can I just throw letter and ignore my work?

I understand that most audit firms have a one month notice period, for the firm to find replacement and for you to handover your work.

The manager should have an adequate overview of the status and progress of the engagement to facilitate this handover.

You cannot ignore work during your notice period unless you are prepared to seriously burn bridges.

Unregistered 21-09-2021 08:55 PM

How much is needed to buy in a stake in partnership roughly

I saw on linkedin partners around 38 years old .