Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 03-09-2021 11:25 AM

Agreed, FDD > Valuations when my bank hires from Big 4.

Unregistered 03-09-2021 11:37 AM

CA that big of a deal in Big4?

Unregistered 03-09-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181971)
CA that big of a deal in Big4?

Only audit

Unregistered 03-09-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181969)
Agreed, FDD > Valuations when my bank hires from Big 4.

Interesting to hear, I have a couple of friends from big 4 FDD but most left for MNC strategy/M&A related roles, and a rare few to investment firms. On the other hand, I see most people with big 4 valuation experience move to PE, hedge funds, bank IB/corporate banking related roles. I guess extensive financial modelling is very well sought after, few are willing to hire FDD people with no financial modelling on the job experience

I’d like to know which banks would hire FDD lol

Unregistered 03-09-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181989)
Interesting to hear, I have a couple of friends from big 4 FDD but most left for MNC strategy/M&A related roles, and a rare few to investment firms. On the other hand, I see most people with big 4 valuation experience move to PE, hedge funds, bank IB/corporate banking related roles. I guess extensive financial modelling is very well sought after, few are willing to hire FDD people with no financial modelling on the job experience

I’d like to know which banks would hire FDD lol

Agreed with this. It's more challenging to jump to IB from Big 4 FDD compared to valuations, unless you have solid qualifications and credentials to support your case.

I know someone who progressed from Big 4 audit > FDD > mid-tier IB > bulge bracket IB. His credentials are exceptional though and he has SEA language skills in addition to English and Chinese, which is very sought after as SG-based bankers will be doing a lot SEA deals in Thai/Indo/Msia/Philippines.

Unregistered 04-09-2021 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181931)
Is FDD a good department to transfer to? Currently being offered by it in yellow internally.

Wow nice. My friend is currently at yellow FDD, they are very very short handed, always work to the AMs and weekends (but that’s common everywhere in big4)
I think FDD is still a “step up” from audit, but join at own risk LOL

Unregistered 04-09-2021 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182059)
Wow nice. My friend is currently at yellow FDD, they are very very short handed, always work to the AMs and weekends (but that’s common everywhere in big4)
I think FDD is still a “step up” from audit, but join at own risk LOL

Mad respect for audit people who internal transfer instead of going out of big4

Unregistered 04-09-2021 12:25 PM

Which big 4 has the best Corporate Finance team?

Unregistered 04-09-2021 12:37 PM

Anyone know salary for S1 S2 S3 of pwc deals team? Looking to make a move there

Unregistered 04-09-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182080)
Anyone know salary for S1 S2 S3 of pwc deals team? Looking to make a move there

S1 is 5.5k. S2 and 3 not sure