Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 01-09-2021 01:15 PM

Provided you obtained SCA already

Unregistered 01-09-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181801)
Provided you obtained SCA already

Hi yes I have obtained SCA since a long time ago. Back then during my time there were no exams just a pre-admission course and all of us were grandfathered to become SCA.

Pretty much everyone from my batch is SCA.

Unregistered 01-09-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181826)
Hi yes I have obtained SCA since a long time ago. Back then during my time there were no exams just a pre-admission course and all of us were grandfathered to become SCA.

Could you share how KPMG’s audit pay is like now after the increment? For senior associate level and manager level if possible!

Unregistered 01-09-2021 11:29 PM

Career options

Hi Guys, I just reached Senior Level 1 and currently stuck in crossroads between the 2 types of accounting career path as below and would like to seek advice:
1) Exit to commercial/industry as a Fund Accountant/FP&A Analyst.
2) Grind through the big 4 and make partner.

Which choice will be better in terms of the following factors (i) Career Progression (ii) Total Salary or compensation over the years (iii) work life balance

Unregistered 02-09-2021 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181849)
Hi Guys, I just reached Senior Level 1 and currently stuck in crossroads between the 2 types of accounting career path as below and would like to seek advice:

Which choice will be better in terms of the following factors (i) Career Progression (ii) Total Salary or compensation over the years (iii) work life balance

Good luck trying to make partner

Unregistered 02-09-2021 12:47 AM

If you jump out as a commercial accountant, yes your initial pay will be higher than the auditor at the start because of 15-20% pay bump usually. However, the year on year increment as a commercial accountant will not be as fast as audit no? Sooner or later in long term, an average auditor base pay will exceed the average accountant.

In addition, making partner is where the $$ comes in, fresh partner makes about at least 250k per annum and is expected to increase as he progresses.

Unregistered 02-09-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181852)
If you jump out as a commercial accountant, yes your initial pay will be higher than the auditor at the start because of 15-20% pay bump usually. However, the year on year increment as a commercial accountant will not be as fast as audit no? Sooner or later in long term, an average auditor base pay will exceed the average accountant.

In addition, making partner is where the $$ comes in, fresh partner makes about at least 250k per annum and is expected to increase as he progresses.

Majority of partner hopefuls get stuck at senior manager, where pay may not reach beyond 200k per annum before you retire.

Unregistered 02-09-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181849)

Be realistic - the odds of making Partner are very low. You yourself know best what kind of level and caliber you are. The truth is if you are that good, you will be successful no matter where you go also.

Unregistered 02-09-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181826)

The grandfathers are probably all managers by now leh. You still inside Big4 now?

Unregistered 02-09-2021 09:15 PM

PwC Advisory Payscale

Hi everyone! was just curious about PwC's advisory payscale, understand they are paying 4k for Associate level, anyone knows what is the pay for Senior Associate, can't seem to find

thanks