Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 234 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2331 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2021, 08:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow, nowadays intern get $800/mth ? last time only $200-300 per month
Even my time 10 years ago also higher than that

You must be super super senior.

Your “last time” is when? 20 years ago?

Reply With Quote
  #2332 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2021, 09:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$800 is the norm for audit internships, and many other firms elsewhere. don’t make it sound like an $800 internship allowance gives you ptsd la lol.
Obviously its not that dollar amount that is giving him ptsd right. Its the work isnt it? Jesus i dont know what kind of poop brain you have sia. Like that also cant tell.

Reply With Quote
  #2333 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2021, 09:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Obviously its not that dollar amount that is giving him ptsd right. Its the work isnt it? Jesus i dont know what kind of poop brain you have sia. Like that also cant tell.
Spot on. Nowadays even intern in yellow has to take up work responsibilities usually performed by A1&A2. Deadlines are frequent. Workload is insane and unreasonable.Going to work is like competing in the Olympics and some people treat the job like some competition.There is a reason why yellow likes to hire so many interns. Because they are cheap and willing to slog to gain experience.

Reply With Quote
  #2334 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Spot on. Nowadays even intern in yellow has to take up work responsibilities usually performed by A1&A2. Deadlines are frequent. Workload is insane and unreasonable.Going to work is like competing in the Olympics and some people treat the job like some competition.There is a reason why yellow likes to hire so many interns. Because they are cheap and willing to slog to gain experience.
Have you ever encounter friends or peers who “compete” how late they work?

And OTing to the next morning becomes something to be proud of?

Don’t you find that really weird?
Reply With Quote
  #2335 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2021, 02:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Spot on. Nowadays even intern in yellow has to take up work responsibilities usually performed by A1&A2. Deadlines are frequent. Workload is insane and unreasonable.Going to work is like competing in the Olympics and some people treat the job like some competition.There is a reason why yellow likes to hire so many interns. Because they are cheap and willing to slog to gain experience.
As compared to other firms, yellow hired way more interns especially winter internship fyi. and those who said $800 why complain so much, do u know how much yellow charge to client per hour for an intern? at least high 2 digits to low 1X0. salary aside but the workload is distributed unevenly due to extreme understaffing. One small engagement might have 2 associates and a manager to check that's it.

ptsd experience because some of my intern friends can OT up till 2-am because of serious understaff issues. personally, I myself also did OT as well because seniors have no time to provide proper guidance and have to stay up just to get my doubts clarified.

I also witnessed an A1 (been with the firm for 3 months only) taking up a senior's work eg. tax section, sure bo @ audit quality?????

Correct me if I am wrong that I heard yellow won so many engagements due to higher cost-cutting audit fees as compared to the other big 4 firms.
Reply With Quote
  #2336 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2021, 04:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have you ever encounter friends or peers who “compete” how late they work?

And OTing to the next morning becomes something to be proud of?

Don’t you find that really weird?
I've been with ey for about 4 years and I've never seen anyone competing for no. of OT hours/ even seen anyone working throughout the night.. Maybe if we're working on a pursuit deck/ pitch deck for a tight timeline, weekend yes. But overnight until morning, no.
Reply With Quote

  #2337 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2021, 01:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Orange offered 4150 for S1… wished they would revise to match the others too
Reply With Quote
  #2338 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been with ey for about 4 years and I've never seen anyone competing for no. of OT hours/ even seen anyone working throughout the night.. Maybe if we're working on a pursuit deck/ pitch deck for a tight timeline, weekend yes. But overnight until morning, no.
Hello thank you so much for sharing - What time do you typically start and end your day in EY? Heard most end around midnight every day at least?
Reply With Quote
  #2339 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2021, 01:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello thank you so much for sharing - What time do you typically start and end your day in EY? Heard most end around midnight every day at least?
Ask this kind of question really makes me wonder if you even know what life is like at professional services firm or what professional services is all about.

The answer you are looking for is 'it depends'.

It depends on whether it is busy season or not.
It depends on what is your role in each project.
It depends on whether you are needed during those hours whether you can contribute or not the right person to contribute.
It depends on how strict your reporting manager is with regards to who should work OT and who can go home or how the project budget and delivery timeline is being planned.

It depends.
Reply With Quote
  #2340 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2021, 01:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ask this kind of question really makes me wonder if you even know what life is like at professional services firm or what professional services is all about.

The answer you are looking for is 'it depends'.

It depends on whether it is busy season or not.
It depends on what is your role in each project.
It depends on whether you are needed during those hours whether you can contribute or not the right person to contribute.
It depends on how strict your reporting manager is with regards to who should work OT and who can go home or how the project budget and delivery timeline is being planned.

It depends.
Having said that. If you are concerned about working late etc, pls do not join any professional services firm. This isnt the life you want.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 15,864 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,492 Replies, 1,391,117 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,921 Replies, 1,070,311 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,800 Replies, 1,428,673 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,388 Replies, 12,538,586 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,536 Replies, 2,358,376 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
175 Replies, 218,003 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,482 Replies, 2,234,902 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,312 Replies, 3,437,114 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,770 Replies, 5,056,515 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,339 Replies, 1,155,062 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,084 Replies, 6,785,821 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,788 Replies, 1,561,935 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,272 Replies, 628,107 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 52,807 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
805 Replies, 377,202 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,092 Replies, 10,408,951 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,421 Replies, 4,824,101 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,857 Replies, 4,695,709 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 294,512 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,127 Replies, 3,770,661 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 799,079 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
911 Replies, 520,877 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
717 Replies, 403,557 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,172 Replies, 652,633 Views
Stat Board (LTA, DSTA, HTX, DSO)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 44,164 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
490 Replies, 636,387 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 820,041 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 168,514 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 715,718 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2