Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 25-08-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181137)
wow, nowadays intern get $800/mth ? last time only $200-300 per month

Even my time 10 years ago also higher than that

You must be super super senior.

Your “last time” is when? 20 years ago?

Unregistered 25-08-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181122)
$800 is the norm for audit internships, and many other firms elsewhere. don’t make it sound like an $800 internship allowance gives you ptsd la lol.

Obviously its not that dollar amount that is giving him ptsd right. Its the work isnt it? Jesus i dont know what kind of poop brain you have sia. Like that also cant tell.

Unregistered 25-08-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181152)
Obviously its not that dollar amount that is giving him ptsd right. Its the work isnt it? Jesus i dont know what kind of poop brain you have sia. Like that also cant tell.

Spot on. Nowadays even intern in yellow has to take up work responsibilities usually performed by A1&A2. Deadlines are frequent. Workload is insane and unreasonable.Going to work is like competing in the Olympics and some people treat the job like some competition.There is a reason why yellow likes to hire so many interns. Because they are cheap and willing to slog to gain experience.

Unregistered 25-08-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181155)
Spot on. Nowadays even intern in yellow has to take up work responsibilities usually performed by A1&A2. Deadlines are frequent. Workload is insane and unreasonable.Going to work is like competing in the Olympics and some people treat the job like some competition.There is a reason why yellow likes to hire so many interns. Because they are cheap and willing to slog to gain experience.

Have you ever encounter friends or peers who “compete” how late they work?

And OTing to the next morning becomes something to be proud of?

Don’t you find that really weird?

Unregistered 25-08-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181155)

As compared to other firms, yellow hired way more interns especially winter internship fyi. and those who said $800 why complain so much, do u know how much yellow charge to client per hour for an intern? at least high 2 digits to low 1X0. salary aside but the workload is distributed unevenly due to extreme understaffing. One small engagement might have 2 associates and a manager to check that's it.

ptsd experience because some of my intern friends can OT up till 2-am because of serious understaff issues. personally, I myself also did OT as well because seniors have no time to provide proper guidance and have to stay up just to get my doubts clarified.

I also witnessed an A1 (been with the firm for 3 months only) taking up a senior's work eg. tax section, sure bo @ audit quality?????

Correct me if I am wrong that I heard yellow won so many engagements due to higher cost-cutting audit fees as compared to the other big 4 firms.

Unregistered 25-08-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181170)
Have you ever encounter friends or peers who “compete” how late they work?

And OTing to the next morning becomes something to be proud of?

Don’t you find that really weird?

I've been with ey for about 4 years and I've never seen anyone competing for no. of OT hours/ even seen anyone working throughout the night.. Maybe if we're working on a pursuit deck/ pitch deck for a tight timeline, weekend yes. But overnight until morning, no.

Unregistered 26-08-2021 01:07 PM

Orange offered 4150 for S1… wished they would revise to match the others too

Unregistered 26-08-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181185)
I've been with ey for about 4 years and I've never seen anyone competing for no. of OT hours/ even seen anyone working throughout the night.. Maybe if we're working on a pursuit deck/ pitch deck for a tight timeline, weekend yes. But overnight until morning, no.

Hello thank you so much for sharing - What time do you typically start and end your day in EY? Heard most end around midnight every day at least?

Unregistered 26-08-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181258)
Hello thank you so much for sharing - What time do you typically start and end your day in EY? Heard most end around midnight every day at least?

Ask this kind of question really makes me wonder if you even know what life is like at professional services firm or what professional services is all about.

The answer you are looking for is 'it depends'.

It depends on whether it is busy season or not.
It depends on what is your role in each project.
It depends on whether you are needed during those hours whether you can contribute or not the right person to contribute.
It depends on how strict your reporting manager is with regards to who should work OT and who can go home or how the project budget and delivery timeline is being planned.

It depends.

Unregistered 26-08-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181260)
Ask this kind of question really makes me wonder if you even know what life is like at professional services firm or what professional services is all about.

The answer you are looking for is 'it depends'.

It depends on whether it is busy season or not.
It depends on what is your role in each project.
It depends on whether you are needed during those hours whether you can contribute or not the right person to contribute.
It depends on how strict your reporting manager is with regards to who should work OT and who can go home or how the project budget and delivery timeline is being planned.

It depends.

Having said that. If you are concerned about working late etc, pls do not join any professional services firm. This isnt the life you want.