Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-08-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180688)
Says the one who probably can't even earn 10kpm in his entire lifetime so suck it up!!

just because you are incapable does not mean he is

Unregistered 21-08-2021 04:59 PM

EY M2/M3 already got 10k/m right? Consulting

Unregistered 21-08-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180694)

Don't think so for core. Maybe FSO

Unregistered 21-08-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

possible if hired externally from another consulting firm, to make offer competitive.

for internal hires, it is not possible to hit 10k when you start at 3-4k as associates. work out the growth rate yourself

Unregistered 21-08-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Heard after adjustments might have. Someone from yellow can verify?

Unregistered 21-08-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

i think eyp pays quite well, 10k+

Unregistered 21-08-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180683)
9 years means he could be a SM. if he doesn't have insider news means he is an outcast among his department

Young kid, in case you don’t know, assurance is essentially a client facing role. At managerial level, you are managing different accounts with all the unreasonable clients and partners. A person with the behaviours of an outcast, even if he is a hard worker, wont be able to survive past m1 simply because he lack the social skills. In fact, i dare say most of the audit managers have high eq as compared to the management you saw on the client side.

We do discuss the performance of the staff during admin meeting which we will only share with the affected staff but we do not discuss the specific salary range even though HR do attend our admin meeting. You need to appreciate the fact that salary matters are really P&C.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180713)
Young kid, in case you don’t know, assurance is essentially a client facing role. At managerial level, you are managing different accounts with all the unreasonable clients and partners. A person with the behaviours of an outcast, even if he is a hard worker, wont be able to survive past m1 simply because he lack the social skills. In fact, i dare say most of the audit managers have high eq as compared to the management you saw on the client side.

We do discuss the performance of the staff during admin meeting which we will only share with the affected staff but we do not discuss the specific salary range even though HR do attend our admin meeting. You need to appreciate the fact that salary matters are really P&C.

Even if it’s p&c, people still gather in small groups and compare salary and bonus right?

Unregistered 21-08-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180677)
Imagine being in EY for 9 years, still bought into the snake oil dream of becoming partner??

Well it is a numbers game after all. At SM level, there are literally only that few left in every batch so the odds are definitely higher. Although if given the chance again, i would definitely not choose audit.

The mistake alot of us made was that we didn’t consider other career options when we were given the big 4 job offers during year 2 of our uni years. I would encourage the current uni students to consider careers in civil service and MNCs and attend as many interviews as possible. Don’t give up your job hunts just because you have a big 4 offer. A big bad career move.

Seems like it is true a SM should not attend this forum which is made up of immature kids. My last post here. All the best to the rest. Please leave audit if you have the chance. It will only get worse from here.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180712)
i think eyp pays quite well, 10k+

I see, I was referring to the biz consulting side. But okay, thanks for the info! Have a good weekend :)