Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179637)
I’m closing to realise, when you quote someone, they only read the quoted post and not the “history” like one or two pages back. So they lose context.

You see the guy above me, we talking about blue he suddenly mention orange and yellow. Not even on the same page then anyhow talk...

I don’t think so. They are just trolling to waste your time.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

I’m closing to realise, when you quote someone, they only read the quoted post and not the “history” like one or two pages back. So they lose context.

You see the guy above me, we talking about blue he suddenly mention orange and yellow. Not even on the same page then anyhow talk...

Recently orange and yellow announced increment... he was asking if blue gonna do the same

Unregistered 08-08-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Talking about context, i think you lost it

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179641)
Recently orange and yellow announced increment... he was asking if blue gonna do the same

Yes, was asking if there are any “new” news for blue.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179626)

As for the situation, didn't know it was that bad. Wonder what happened that caused the mass exodus last year

Too many trolls around, but this one I can help you out a bit.

Below information is not specific to any one particular firm.

Because of the global pandemic, many countries implemented lockdowns and restrictions - it has one cumulative impact - a reduction in business activity. Number of IPOs, M&As, business expansions and new ventures would have plunged in 2020.

Professional services firm naturally forecasted lower volume of business, and undertook cost cutting measures, including adjustments to employee compensation. Now I won’t share what each firm did - that’s P&C but you can just ask around.

The bottom line is total employee compensation was adjusted in a manner that wasn’t acceptable or satisfactorily to some people, so they resigned. And it’s a slippery slope here, when you see your friends leave, you might consider throwing in the towel too.

This is against the backdrop of there actually being, in my opinion, even more procedures to do. Impairment testing, going concern evaluation, accounting for government grants, breach of debt covenants etc just meant we had even more to work with due to the economic uncertainty.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179643)
Yes, was asking if there are any “new” news for blue.

Haha I see. But I won’t know what’s “new” to you unless I can read your mind to know what you already know.

Anyway I have shared with you the “latest” news. If you are already aware of it, congrats, you are updated to the newest version and there is no further update available.

Unregistered 08-08-2021 08:25 PM

blue news where

Unregistered 08-08-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179649)
Haha I see. But I won’t know what’s “new” to you unless I can read your mind to know what you already know.

Anyway I have shared with you the “latest” news. If you are already aware of it, congrats, you are updated to the newest version and there is no further update available.

LOL that was old news by the way. Obviously people wouldn't ask here if answer is in google. Only dumbass like you assume that people post questions here without googling

Unregistered 08-08-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179656)
LOL that was old news by the way. Obviously people wouldn't ask here if answer is in google. Only dumbass like you assume that people post questions here without googling

It’s not old news - it’s the latest news.

But yes I jumped to conclusions there. Sorry about that.

Unregistered 09-08-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179650)
blue news where

Nowadays blue firm dont pay increment and bonus in july anymore? How come still asking this question now in August.