Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 25-06-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175503)
Lmao don’t bother replying this guy, he’s been asking the same qn over and over. His offers open forever. Give him 1 year he’ll still be asking

It's because of post like this that my question goes unanswered.. And to be exact, I am just exploring the possible routes for a fresh grad but if this has offended you in one way or another, my apologies..

Unregistered 25-06-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175461)
Take up Big 4 tax, grind for 4 years to make S2 or even M1. Jump to MNC tax then and slowly retire at 55.

4 years can make M1?? LMAO

Unregistered 25-06-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175507)
It's because of post like this that my question goes unanswered.. And to be exact, I am just exploring the possible routes for a fresh grad but if this has offended you in one way or another, my apologies..

Fresh grad wanna explore this option? Why? You in accounting?

Unregistered 25-06-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175521)
Fresh grad wanna explore this option? Why? You in accounting?

Yes accounting grad interested in a tax career, but unsure if I should pursue the big 4 route or just go straight for foreign MNC tax accountant career.

KKK 25-06-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175452)
Which route is better? Big 4 Tax or Foreign MNC Tax accountant? And why (in terms of salary & career progression)? Thanks!

Hey man, my honest opinion is go Big 4 Tax and grind at least 2 years before jumping. Big 4 doesn't pay very well at the lower levels but honestly saying its a good place to grind. There is brand recognition of Big 4 globally so when applying to MNC in future you improve your chances of getting in and at a higher rank and pay.

People in Singapore may look down on Big 4 locally because of the pay and work life balance which isn't great, but having come from a more international background, I can assure you there is Big 4 branding globally.

Unregistered 25-06-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKK (Post 175549)
Hey man, my honest opinion is go Big 4 Tax and grind at least 2 years before jumping. Big 4 doesn't pay very well at the lower levels but honestly saying its a good place to grind. There is brand recognition of Big 4 globally so when applying to MNC in future you improve your chances of getting in and at a higher rank and pay.

People in Singapore may look down on Big 4 locally because of the pay and work life balance which isn't great, but having come from a more international background, I can assure you there is Big 4 branding globally.

Thanks for sharing! I am slightly worried about the development & progression if I were to pursue a tax career with a foreign MNC fresh from uni.

Unregistered 25-06-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175553)
Thanks for sharing! I am slightly worried about the development & progression if I were to pursue a tax career with a foreign MNC fresh from uni.

If you can get into MNC FLDP, take it over big 4 any day. If it’s just direct hire mnc (non-graduate finance program), then perhaps big 4 is better if you’re dead set on accounting/tax.

Unregistered 26-06-2021 03:39 PM

Any idea how would increment be like this year? Currently an a1 in audit

Unregistered 26-06-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175641)
Any idea how would increment be like this year? Currently an a1 in audit

asking your sm/partner would be faster than asking people on this forum

Unregistered 26-06-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175647)
asking your sm/partner would be faster than asking people on this forum

Asked them already, they said ask here better