Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170968)
Fastest in the firm is 4 years. But you have to network like crazy and be super visible. Being the top performer consistently in your class is important as well.

Wow I guess only the creme of the crop gets to fast track to a Senior Associate and bag the 7k-8k away. So would you say on AVERAGE / MAJORITY, it takes 3+ years per rank, i.e. 3 years from Analyst to Jnr A, and another 3 years from Jnr A to Snr A?

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170969)
how do you differentiate between senior and junir assoc? also how's bonus? at least 2 months?

Not all BBs, but some do have a position senior associate for the BO/MO as it takes them longer to reach VP as opposed those in FO (typically 6 years for them).

Bonuses are typically 1-2.5/3 months depending on your team and performance. Not fantastic but this is what is expected in American BBs.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170970)
Wow I guess only the creme of the crop gets to fast track to a Senior Associate and bag the 7k-8k away. So would you say on AVERAGE / MAJORITY, it takes 3+ years per rank, i.e. 3 years from Analyst to Jnr A, and another 3 years from Jnr A to Snr A?

Not necessarily. If you join the grad programme, you should make associate in 2-2.5 years. I know a few who took 3 years but that is more down to them and the economic environment (e.g. promotion freeze during COVID).

Usually you should expect to make VP in 8 years (if you are an average performer with some ambition). Fastest I have seen is 6-7 years.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170593)
You shareholders are a bloody joke. Moon this moon that. Knn limpei issue one time qualified opinion you lose millions of dollars. You better repent and bow down in front of your local big 4 auditors.

Source: auditor at prestigious big 4 (local uni, summa cum laude, highest distinction, protector of financial markets)

Protector? What a joke.. big 4 was the one doing the audits for big scandals from wirecard, lehman brothers, M1DB.

And when the scandals come out, they can only pretend they dont know. No accountability at all. All they can do is to give fake and expensive report to the clients so that the companies appear clean. But when it comes to accountability, they can only say they dunno.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170973)
Protector? What a joke.. big 4 was the one doing the audits for big scandals from wirecard, lehman brothers, M1DB.

And when the scandals come out, they can only pretend they dont know. No accountability at all. All they can do is to give fake and expensive report to the clients so that the companies appear clean. But when it comes to accountability, they can only say they dunno.

Big 4 are there because of the existing traditional and inefficient process that are in place. How can someone pay them to verify they are clean? There are definitely conflict of interest. Whenever they found out their clients are dirty, they will discontinue the contract with the clients but they wont necessarily inform the authority about client’s violations.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170966)
Figures from the GA threads are mostly off.

GS starts at 4.6k and CS starts at 4.2k at the fresh grad level.

Your GS and CS sauce accurate? Which roles? This year's offers?

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170976)
Your GS and CS sauce accurate? Which roles? This year's offers?

If anything it’s dated. But hey, don’t believe anything apart from more reliable sources. So please, go on to glassdoor or mycareerfuture to corroborate with posts here.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170977)
If anything it’s dated. But hey, don’t believe anything apart from more reliable sources. So please, go on to glassdoor or mycareerfuture to corroborate with posts here.

Glassdoor or mycareerfuture unlikely to publish fresh grad salaries though

Unregistered 28-05-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170978)
Glassdoor or mycareerfuture unlikely to publish fresh grad salaries though

They do actually LOL

Just google the program name and type mycareerfuture after it and viola. Glassdoor is pretty accurate as well (since it isn’t a wide range).

Unregistered 28-05-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170935)
Top tier BB? Second to third year associate should be drawing at least 7k+

Yes top tier...time for me to jump already...think that’s the only way I can climb faster. If I stay and get the yearly inflation adjusted increment I seriously don’t know when I can hit 7-8k....