Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170901)
What function you are in now?

Doing audit... this probably already explains my huge desire to exit but I’m honestly not sure what can I jump out to do. Would really appreciate all the help I can get :)

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170855)
Exactly. 8 to 9k is already quite low already, but his big 4 brain cannot comprehend it.

Big 4 people really brainwashed until they believe audit life is the only way to go in this world.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170944)
Market rate for junior associates in top BB is already verging on 7k. So with 3 years at the associate level you should be drawing close to 7-8k, if not it pretty much means that you’re stuck at the same associate band/level.

8K is really too optimistic, realistically it should be closer to 7K, might not even be above it.
gone are the days risk gets the respect it used to command. progression really isnt great within the firm, and the trend is towards no bonus and only increment during promotion (and small increments still). the quoted 6k+ is plausible.

so if anyone wants to jump, do it right and make sure it's FO

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170950)
8K is really too optimistic, realistically it should be closer to 7K, might not even be above it.
gone are the days risk gets the respect it used to command. progression really isnt great within the firm, and the trend is towards no bonus and only increment during promotion (and small increments still). the quoted 6k+ is plausible.

so if anyone wants to jump, do it right and make sure it's FO

Which BB are you at? Even fresh associates in BO are getting 6k in top BBs.

Honestly 3 years as an assoc in risk should be drawing around 7k and up minimum.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170951)
Which BB are you at? Even fresh associates in BO are getting 6k in top BBs.

Honestly 3 years as an assoc in risk should be drawing around 7k and up minimum.

which BB are you at? european, and dead sure fresh grad BO is not 6k hahahah. Go do the math 10% increment for promotion, maybe max 3/4% increment outside of promotion (some dont even have that)

also i have colleagues that jumped from american bbs

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170953)
which BB are you at? european, and dead sure fresh grad BO is not 6k hahahah. Go do the math 10% increment for promotion, maybe max 3/4% increment outside of promotion (some dont even have that)

btw im in the range youve mentioned, but my juinor 1 year below me can only dream. they are ****ed.

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170953)

I am at a top American BB. Just go onto any job search portals and look at the pay range for associates.

At the BB I’m at, the range starts at 6k for BO and the upper bound is at 12k (if you can’t move on to VP).

Unregistered 28-05-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170955)
I am at a top American BB. Just go onto any job search portals and look at the pay range for associates.

At the BB I’m at, the range starts at 6k for BO and the upper bound is at 12k (if you can’t move on to VP).

Disclaimer: I am from the grad programme and reached the Associate level in ~2.5yrs.

Regardless, with 2-3 years of exp as Associate, one should be drawing at least 7k even in BO. And I imagine it to be slightly higher for MO.

PleaseGPGT 28-05-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170955)

fresh grad starts at analyst instead of associate isnt it?:confused:

Unregistered 28-05-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGPGT (Post 170957)
fresh grad starts at analyst instead of associate isnt it?:confused:

Yup. We are discussing on Associate’s pay.