Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-05-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66988)
Bonus in big 4 is usually a joke. There is no AWS like what the ex-KPMG director said. Average number is 2-3 months, with most getting towards the lower end of that range. If you "deduct" the 13th month bonus that most other companies pay, you're only getting about 1+ month bonus.

Working hours in big 4 is well known, leave it up to you to count if it's worth it financially. Big 4 is often used by people as a stepping stone and not an end point.

Not from any of the big4, just kaypoh passing by... Are you for real? Bonus 2-3 mths & no AWS???

I know bonus not as good as banking, but 1+mths (if minus AWS) sound ridiculous, even some sme give better.

Unregistered 21-05-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66990)
5 years is way too optimistic time to get from SM to partner level. Maybe if ur top 1% with luck and support from someone powerful, otherwise for remaining 99% fat hope of jumping from SM to partner in 5 years.

Yes sometimes it's also quite political... but not impossible. Some make partner in 13-15 years, although that's junior partner only. What was previously mentioned about timing and opportunity is important. You can be the best employee ever, but if the opportunity isn't there and your timing is wrong, you'll never become a partner.

Unregistered 21-05-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66992)
Not from any of the big4, just kaypoh passing by... Are you for real? Bonus 2-3 mths & no AWS???

I know bonus not as good as banking, but 1+mths (if minus AWS) sound ridiculous, even some sme give better.

audit in pwc past few years is ard 2 months & no aws as well, so yar really bad. most of us just stay here for few years and move on. treat it as paying school fee to build up resume for me...

Unregistered 21-05-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66995)
audit in pwc past few years is ard 2 months & no aws as well, so yar really bad. most of us just stay here for few years and move on. treat it as paying school fee to build up resume for me...

Where do you all usually go to after completing your time in Audit? What are some of the more popular companies and are they difficult to get into?

Unregistered 21-05-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66992)

SURPRISE! WELCOME TO BIG 4! Where the pay sucks and the hours are so long, you earn even lesser than a temp A-level student during holidays.

Unregistered 21-05-2015 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;63612]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63592)

My friend just got into tax consulting side at PWC, only offered 3k as associate, where got 3.5k as indicated? Or only selected special consulting & advisory then got 3.5k?

Is ur friend one of the following initials:

1. CYH
2. HHS
3. LMY

the tax advisory side dun hire a lot

Unregistered 22-05-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66998)
Where do you all usually go to after completing your time in Audit? What are some of the more popular companies and are they difficult to get into?

most usually stay in big4 audit for 3-4 years then go to some big local or foreign co. finance dept for better worklife balance.

but the top mncs usually reserve the best finance position for their internal mgt associates who are consider hipo.

Unregistered 23-05-2015 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;67014]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63612)

Is ur friend one of the following initials:

1. CYH
2. HHS
3. LMY

the tax advisory side dun hire a lot

You know my friend? Interesting...

Unregistered 09-06-2015 04:16 PM

What kind of salary can someone with 3 years consulting experience expect in KPMG consulting?

Would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on that. Thanks!

Unregistered 09-06-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67881)
What kind of salary can someone with 3 years consulting experience expect in KPMG consulting?

Would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on that. Thanks!

A year 3 employee salary. That's senior associate and I don't think it will be very far from 4k.