Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 136 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1351 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 11:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Read the above posts I also sian.

Mainly joined for exit opportunities then now cant even find jod outside. Do until sian alrdy but probably stuck here till can find jod.
Another stupid thing that these big 4 graduates think is that next time alot of graduate opportunities, can hop over do finance or internal audit in some mnc...

This is true, but they don't realize that if that they could have just joined the firm from the start and progress, earning much higher salary, reputation, and less working hours by doing so.

Reply With Quote
  #1352 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Another stupid thing that these big 4 graduates think is that next time alot of graduate opportunities, can hop over do finance or internal audit in some mnc...

This is true, but they don't realize that if that they could have just joined the firm from the start and progress, earning much higher salary, reputation, and less working hours by doing so.
Oh plus exit opportunities only limited to the sector of their audit work they were assigned to

Reply With Quote
  #1353 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 03:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Another stupid thing that these big 4 graduates think is that next time alot of graduate opportunities, can hop over do finance or internal audit in some mnc...

This is true, but they don't realize that if that they could have just joined the firm from the start and progress, earning much higher salary, reputation, and less working hours by doing so.
This isnít true unless youíre in the mnc graduate programs. If you join straight out of uni as a direct hire in their finance team youíre 100% not gonna do well. Graduate associates > big 4 auditors > lifers.

Reply With Quote
  #1354 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Big 4.. more like big sh1t. The only role that I am impressed with the salary is Partner. Director is still low pay compared with banks and big tech. By the time you are making to Partner, your friends at IB front end role, or big tech (tech role) already made millions. If they are savvy at investing, they can already retire while you are still working like a mad dog.
Reply With Quote
  #1355 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big 4.. more like big sh1t. The only role that I am impressed with the salary is Partner. Director is still low pay compared with banks and big tech. By the time you are making to Partner, your friends at IB front end role, or big tech (tech role) already made millions. If they are savvy at investing, they can already retire while you are still working like a mad dog.
I am talking about best case scenario when you can finally become a partner which is uncommon.
Reply With Quote
  #1356 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Selling the partner dream is the only way they can get stupid fresh grads to join.
Reply With Quote

  #1357 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am talking about best case scenario when you can finally become a partner which is uncommon.
See the managers jialat man.

Dont know is they too deep in cannot leave or they really want chiong be partner. Either way also jialat
Reply With Quote
  #1358 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 11:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

what is the salary for ey-parthenon like? anyone knows?
Reply With Quote
  #1359 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 01:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think alot people need to realise is that not everybody is going to be made manager or even partner. And that is really ok, depending on what their motivation is. Somebody is ok with what they are doing, some strive for excellence. And then there's politics, connections, right place in the right time etc.

Yes joining graduate program from the start will be the ideal route. But it is extremely competitive, and not everyone can make it, every cohort is relatively small. So their best bet is to go for another route via joining big 4 and working their way up.

It's easy to judge people when you think about the ideal situation.

I don't think it's right to find pleasure in bashing people's career choice because this is a sunset industry or what. End of the day I don't see tax/auditing going away for another 5 years at least. Btw I'm not in big 4, just stating facts from what I have heard and seen.
Reply With Quote
  #1360 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think alot people need to realise is that not everybody is going to be made manager or even partner. And that is really ok, depending on what their motivation is. Somebody is ok with what they are doing, some strive for excellence. And then there's politics, connections, right place in the right time etc.

Yes joining graduate program from the start will be the ideal route. But it is extremely competitive, and not everyone can make it, every cohort is relatively small. So their best bet is to go for another route via joining big 4 and working their way up.

It's easy to judge people when you think about the ideal situation.

I don't think it's right to find pleasure in bashing people's career choice because this is a sunset industry or what. End of the day I don't see tax/auditing going away for another 5 years at least. Btw I'm not in big 4, just stating facts from what I have heard and seen.
Well said, from my observations, the people who exited from big 4 have very high work ethics and ownership. They tend to progress much faster in corporate settings.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2007 12:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,848 Replies, 608,272 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,011 Replies, 521,420 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,004 Replies, 2,499,926 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,696 Replies, 4,607,477 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 2,522,950 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,688 Replies, 4,353,297 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,748,420 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,577 Replies, 7,343,049 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 22,433 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 133,973 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,646 Replies, 1,278,451 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 274,662 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,349 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 100,031 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,767 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 170 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,432 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,410,655 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,586 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 572,144 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,782 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,326 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,516 Replies, 731,479 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,596 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 222,174 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,950 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 198,940 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,926 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,507 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 738,120 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2