Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 114 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1131 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Zurich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is it normal for recruiter to ignore emails? Had a phone call with them with the impression that they will get back to me, but then long time has passed and i have not heard back, i did send a follow up email and was totally ignored. Just wonderjng if this is normal? Or at leaat have a courteousy to reply even if its a rejection?

Reply With Quote
  #1132 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
Is it normal for recruiter to ignore emails? Had a phone call with them with the impression that they will get back to me, but then long time has passed and i have not heard back, i did send a follow up email and was totally ignored. Just wonderjng if this is normal? Or at leaat have a courteousy to reply even if its a rejection?
How long have you not heard back? I interviewed with GS before and only got a reply from the HR after 1 month from the date of my first interview.

Reply With Quote
  #1133 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is usually the increment for promotion from senior to manager ?

Reply With Quote
  #1134 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2021, 09:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
Is it normal for recruiter to ignore emails? Had a phone call with them with the impression that they will get back to me, but then long time has passed and i have not heard back, i did send a follow up email and was totally ignored. Just wonderjng if this is normal? Or at leaat have a courteousy to reply even if its a rejection?
Normal when supply of candidates outstrips demand. HR so zuobolan where have time to reply candidates they don't want?
Reply With Quote
  #1135 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 12:37 AM
Zurich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Normal when supply of candidates outstrips demand. HR so zuobolan where have time to reply candidates they don't want?
I believe it's a courteousy. Especially when candidates prepared for the job. The HR did ask to send a few documents over. I mean, if not interested, why bother calling the candidates? And when a candidate follow up with you, it means that the candidate cared for it, have a courteousy to reply instead of staying silent? It's not that hard. It's not like they're working until 1-2am like auditors. Try putting themselves in candidate shoes, will they be feeling good if no one replying to a follow up email? I believe the recruiter would change their job, go for interview and would love to be treated the same way ....
Reply With Quote
  #1136 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 12:40 AM
Zurich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied mine last year. So maybe abt 1-2mths. Might be faster now since after the year end hols. But the offer after the interview is within a week.
Mind to share the timeline? Betweent he 1-2 months, did you receive the call from recruiter or HR at all? And how long after the call you get another response for interview arrangement?thanks
Reply With Quote

  #1137 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 01:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is usually the increment for promotion from senior to manager ?
500 five hundred
Reply With Quote
  #1138 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
I believe it's a courteousy. Especially when candidates prepared for the job. The HR did ask to send a few documents over. I mean, if not interested, why bother calling the candidates? And when a candidate follow up with you, it means that the candidate cared for it, have a courteousy to reply instead of staying silent? It's not that hard. It's not like they're working until 1-2am like auditors. Try putting themselves in candidate shoes, will they be feeling good if no one replying to a follow up email? I believe the recruiter would change their job, go for interview and would love to be treated the same way ....
No need to preach to me, if the HR is not willing to conduct a follow up with you to close the application then what can you do?
Reply With Quote
  #1139 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 10:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No need to preach to me, if the HR is not willing to conduct a follow up with you to close the application then what can you do?
People THINK HR job is to just get people to interview.
We have to liase with candidate then have to vet their application.
Then have to raised internal process.
Then need to get internal head / time / schedule / availability of meeting room.
Then after interview need to fill up more forms. Need to get bosses to approve.
Bosses also have their things. Not always in office. WFH or just on leave.

Then need to process existing staff payroll. Leave application etc.
Then still need to process exiting staff. Clearance...
Then still need to liase with IT to process asset.

So no, its not possible to go thru every single candidate and tell them.
Sorry you didn't make it
Reply With Quote
  #1140 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all,

Checking, is an AM position the same as an SA3 position? Is there a difference in responsibilities? Orange firm has the SA3 role but others have AM instead.

YOE for this role is usually 5 years? I come in from industry.

Thanks lots.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2007 12:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,882 Views
Programming and consullting
7 Replies, 1,225 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,098 Replies, 1,958,387 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,358 Replies, 6,381,817 Views
Cybersecurity Salaries in... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 3,934 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 53,354 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,495 Replies, 1,445,200 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,764 Replies, 1,097,106 Views
Capgemini tester trainee ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 1,233 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 36,384 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 94,911 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
224 Replies, 202,002 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
291 Replies, 250,393 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 52,599 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,772 Replies, 1,471,068 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,178 Replies, 903,275 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,510 Replies, 354,884 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
791 Replies, 410,531 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
614 Replies, 171,404 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 29,904 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?...
4 Replies, 242 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,892 Replies, 1,293,010 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,855 Replies, 330,674 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,274 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,221 Replies, 3,490,193 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 1,722 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,940 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 2,048 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 351,120 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2