Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Zurich 25-01-2021 04:29 PM

Is it normal for recruiter to ignore emails? Had a phone call with them with the impression that they will get back to me, but then long time has passed and i have not heard back, i did send a follow up email and was totally ignored. Just wonderjng if this is normal? Or at leaat have a courteousy to reply even if its a rejection?

Unregistered 25-01-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurich (Post 155094)
Is it normal for recruiter to ignore emails? Had a phone call with them with the impression that they will get back to me, but then long time has passed and i have not heard back, i did send a follow up email and was totally ignored. Just wonderjng if this is normal? Or at leaat have a courteousy to reply even if its a rejection?

How long have you not heard back? I interviewed with GS before and only got a reply from the HR after 1 month from the date of my first interview.

Unregistered 25-01-2021 07:15 PM

What is usually the increment for promotion from senior to manager ?

Unregistered 25-01-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurich (Post 155094)

Normal when supply of candidates outstrips demand. HR so zuobolan where have time to reply candidates they don't want?

Zurich 26-01-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155112)
Normal when supply of candidates outstrips demand. HR so zuobolan where have time to reply candidates they don't want?

I believe it's a courteousy. Especially when candidates prepared for the job. The HR did ask to send a few documents over. I mean, if not interested, why bother calling the candidates? And when a candidate follow up with you, it means that the candidate cared for it, have a courteousy to reply instead of staying silent? It's not that hard. It's not like they're working until 1-2am like auditors. Try putting themselves in candidate shoes, will they be feeling good if no one replying to a follow up email? I believe the recruiter would change their job, go for interview and would love to be treated the same way ....

Zurich 26-01-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153607)
I applied mine last year. So maybe abt 1-2mths. Might be faster now since after the year end hols. But the offer after the interview is within a week.

Mind to share the timeline? Betweent he 1-2 months, did you receive the call from recruiter or HR at all? And how long after the call you get another response for interview arrangement?thanks

Unregistered 26-01-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155099)
What is usually the increment for promotion from senior to manager ?

500 five hundred

Unregistered 26-01-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurich (Post 155126)
I believe it's a courteousy. Especially when candidates prepared for the job. The HR did ask to send a few documents over. I mean, if not interested, why bother calling the candidates? And when a candidate follow up with you, it means that the candidate cared for it, have a courteousy to reply instead of staying silent? It's not that hard. It's not like they're working until 1-2am like auditors. Try putting themselves in candidate shoes, will they be feeling good if no one replying to a follow up email? I believe the recruiter would change their job, go for interview and would love to be treated the same way ....

No need to preach to me, if the HR is not willing to conduct a follow up with you to close the application then what can you do?

Unregistered 26-01-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155145)
No need to preach to me, if the HR is not willing to conduct a follow up with you to close the application then what can you do?

People THINK HR job is to just get people to interview.
We have to liase with candidate then have to vet their application.
Then have to raised internal process.
Then need to get internal head / time / schedule / availability of meeting room.
Then after interview need to fill up more forms. Need to get bosses to approve.
Bosses also have their things. Not always in office. WFH or just on leave.

Then need to process existing staff payroll. Leave application etc.
Then still need to process exiting staff. Clearance...
Then still need to liase with IT to process asset.

So no, its not possible to go thru every single candidate and tell them.
Sorry you didn't make it

Unregistered 26-01-2021 10:56 AM

Hi all,

Checking, is an AM position the same as an SA3 position? Is there a difference in responsibilities? Orange firm has the SA3 role but others have AM instead.

YOE for this role is usually 5 years? I come in from industry.

Thanks lots.