Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-11-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150123)
This is only in the big 4. Look at other MNCs, for banks that they in fresh grad, you need to have good grades + softskills + technicals. For other big companies they take in only a handful as well. In big 4, because of the high turn over they have to take in the bottom barrel graduates. Look the the skill gap, you have person A (Raffles straight As + Nus good honours) then you have B ( lousy jc B/Cs and from Sim). If you give the same work ofc A does it better what. Then A set the standard make everyone else look beh kan. In other MNCs if you beh kan got no one to compare it to.

Only sad part is less and less capable people joining audit. Now is all sim/suss/sit they ask some of dumbest questions you can imagine. Btw my experience is from yellow firm. Heard from my ex schoolmates pwc and kpmg are still able to attract local u grads

what kind of question they ask? Imo, everyone when transition from fresh grad to first job will face difficulties, no matter which uni

Unregistered 28-11-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150129)
what kind of question they ask? Imo, everyone when transition from fresh grad to first job will face difficulties, no matter which uni

Every company is aware that fresh grads have to be trained. Thats why we have training for them. But if the questions you ask have already been addressed in training and doesn’t value add, just keep it to yourself. People say that grades don’t determine your work ability but i beg to differ. The local u ppl pick things up way quicker

Unregistered 29-11-2020 03:51 AM

Hi guys, want to ask, do Indonesian undergraduate accounting student can also apply in big4 SG? Im from international class and got magna cumlaude. But when i see linkedin, walah the big4 team in sg is filled with ppl from highly reputable universities (NUS, NTU, etc), high competition eh?. Also, can they hire an expat? I've landed an internship with the orange firm in Indo, and intended to stay here for 2 yrs to secure the SA position, and after that move to SG big4.

What do you guys think, is it possible for me to go there? and if yes, is it better to go from freshgrad, or secure the SA position first then continued the SA position there? thank you :D

PS: the reason i want to move to big 4 SG is because the SG strong currency lol, the pay in here is very low compared to the one in sg (due to the low gdp per capita and weak purchasing power parity), dont hate me pls

Unregistered 29-11-2020 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150165)
Hi guys, want to ask, do Indonesian undergraduate accounting student can also apply in big4 SG? Im from international class and got magna cumlaude. But when i see linkedin, walah the big4 team in sg is filled with ppl from highly reputable universities (NUS, NTU, etc), high competition eh?. Also, can they hire an expat? I've landed an internship with the orange firm in Indo, and intended to stay here for 2 yrs to secure the SA position, and after that move to SG big4.

What do you guys think, is it possible for me to go there? and if yes, is it better to go from freshgrad, or secure the SA position first then continued the SA position there? thank you :D

PS: the reason i want to move to big 4 SG is because the SG strong currency lol, the pay in here is very low compared to the one in sg (due to the low gdp per capita and weak purchasing power parity), dont hate me pls

PSS: the undergraduate im referring is a bachelor's degree (4 yrs program)

Unregistered 30-11-2020 12:21 AM

Maybe u wanna ask yourself what advantage do you have over Singaporean grads

Unregistered 30-11-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150165)

Hi, its completely possible. I'm an indonesian working at the orange firm, joined last year as a fresh grad. Here got a lot of indonesian experienced hires too.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150237)
Hi, its completely possible. I'm an indonesian working at the orange firm, joined last year as a fresh grad. Here got a lot of indonesian experienced hires too.

Hi! Thank you for your response 😁, its very great knowing that. Do you have any contact that i can reach to ask a bit more about it? But if you want some privacy then its also okay ill also respect it 😊

Unregistered 02-12-2020 11:19 PM

Just heard from my friends that y***ow is currently the lowest paying rn ?

Unregistered 03-12-2020 10:08 PM

Orange firm AM pay

Anyone know what is orange firm's advisory AM pay? In IT Audit side.

Unregistered 05-12-2020 08:43 AM

Certification

Hi, do ACCA is a must have thing for someone that want to pursue career in accounting? If I alr have a bachelor degree, should I take ACCA?