Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Submitting My Resume To ST Aerospace... (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1500-submitting-my-resume-st-aerospace.html)

lovely 08-09-2011 01:45 PM

Submitting My Resume To ST Aerospace...
 
Does anyone know about working in ST Aerospace? Is it good??? I'm intending to submit my resume to ST Aerospace.

Does ST Aero allow their employees to have moonlighting/part-time job outside?

I would appreciate if there are replies.

Thank you very much!

Unregistered 08-09-2011 03:09 PM

ST Aerospace is one of the few big co. left that culture like civil service. If you are in office role, English must be good and can type good email & report. If English no good, won't get far, but then it's a very stable job and retnrenchment rate is very very low.

If you are engineering side then I think is a not bad company. Stable and pay quite market rate, less politics but of course career progression will be average and not fast.

Unregistered 08-09-2011 04:07 PM

one of my male friend join ST aero @2.6k as fresh grad dunno in 2001 or 2002, after abt 10 years with ST aero, with 2 promotions, his current salary is between 4000-4100 only, what you think????He left the company for better salary this year!!!

annual increment is between 2.7-3.5% for average performer(majority of the people get this amount) depend on economy, sometimes pay freeze in year 2009.

Only the best get 4-5% annual increment!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please consider other place!!!!!

Unregistered 08-09-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16094)
one of my male friend join ST aero @2.6k as fresh grad dunno in 2001 or 2002, after abt 10 years with ST aero, with 2 promotions, his current salary is between 4000-4100 only, what you think????He left the company for better salary this year!!!

annual increment is between 2.7-3.5% for average performer(majority of the people get this amount) depend on economy, sometimes pay freeze in year 2009.

Only the best get 4-5% annual increment!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please consider other place!!!!!

Not surprising, but remember that the ST group of companies have a stability that is hard to find in simialr industry because of their largely defense contracts.

Other aerospace co. can give higher salary but also very volatile. Just dio retrench once and go jobless for 6 months more than enough to wipe out whatever extra salary you get for many years.

Ultimately is high risk high return. ST maciam like fixed deposit others is like play stock market.

lovely 09-09-2011 11:44 AM

I have read about bad comments in other forum, about being a LAE in ST Aerospace.

Perhaps if I'm to join ST Aero, I should ask for other job positions, other than becoming their LAE.

The other thing is, I wonder does ST Aero allow their employees to have moonlighting/part-time job outside?

Thanks. :)

Unregistered 09-09-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely (Post 16134)
I have read about bad comments in other forum, about being a LAE in ST Aerospace.

Perhaps if I'm to join ST Aero, I should ask for other job positions, other than becoming their LAE.

The other thing is, I wonder does ST Aero allow their employees to have moonlighting/part-time job outside?

Thanks. :)

As a rule, 99% of company policy will say no subject to management / HR approval. In real life most people if small things like teach tuition, occassionally sell insurance or property agent just keep quiet.

If you want to declare to co. then most of the time if it's those very short time outside working hours most should be alright. If you want to deploy your aero engineer skills in some other job / assignment, I can tell you not only ST, but almost any other co. in the market will disapprove.

lovely 12-09-2011 01:23 PM

As for ST Aerospace, is there any OT pay for doing OT on wkdays?

Thanks.

Unregistered 20-09-2011 03:44 PM

Flight Test Engineer in ST aero is do what want?

Danger or not?

Old Bird 27-09-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 16101)
Not surprising, but remember that the ST group of companies have a stability that is hard to find in simialr industry because of their largely defense contracts.

Other aerospace co. can give higher salary but also very volatile. Just dio retrench once and go jobless for 6 months more than enough to wipe out whatever extra salary you get for many years.

Ultimately is high risk high return. ST maciam like fixed deposit others is like play stock market.

ST engineering is only suitable for older people waiting for retirement or people who cannot get job because of poor degree cert and/or lack of experience. Most people leave 2-3 yrs after gaining enough experience to land another job at other companies.

Just think, with young employees waiting for the 2-3 yr experience mark and older employees in managerial roles waiting for retirement, how to work there? Most people there bo sim zo gan (don't put in effort in work). From bottom to top all the same.

Take it from a lau chiao: Invest in ST stock, but don't work there.

Kaz3 27-09-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Bird (Post 16614)
ST engineering is only suitable for older people waiting for retirement or people who cannot get job because of poor degree cert and/or lack of experience. Most people leave 2-3 yrs after gaining enough experience to land another job at other companies.

Just think, with young employees waiting for the 2-3 yr experience mark and older employees in managerial roles waiting for retirement, how to work there? Most people there bo sim zo gan (don't put in effort in work). From bottom to top all the same.

Take it from a lau chiao: Invest in ST stock, but don't work there.

That much is true, but also bear in mind that a lot of people are not really interested in career development, rapid pay rise, promotion etc. They BS until like no tomorrow during interview, but many just want a stable job with low chance of retrench and stable guaranteed pay rise every year.

Like I say earlier, it all depends on what sort of lifestyle and career TS want, I will not recommend blanket statements like invest STE stock but donít work there.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2