Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 19-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So u answer to him/her because he is from Sim. And u ignore the other guy/girl who is from local Uni. I am from NUS myself and u are a total disgrace to local Uni. UniSim is now gov recognised local Uni. Only SIM global are still private. Please stop throwing the identity of us NUS NTU and SMU. They are on par with us. They started bad and made a bad choice. It does not mean they are lazy or stupid. U scored As? Which year and did u score any award? Maybe u should learn respect and stop trolling with your imaginary grades.

Hell I suspect u are a Sim student that want to destroy the image of a local Uni grad
And I suspect you're actually from SIM.

Old 19-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The market has already reached a verdict long time ago. SIM grads are paid lower starting salary and have a more limited career progression options in both public& private sector as a whole.

Of course the grads themselves claim this is only because of branding of the local uni and discrimination against private uni grads by employers and hr side. Their defense is that they are very street smart and if companies do not discriminate & give them chance, they will do just as well if not better.

But if you think rationally this explanation makes no sense at all. Companies just want to make money, they have no interest in unis per se. All they want is as long as you can value add, they pay whatever is needed. Same for hr recruiters, all they want is to meet kpi & close the deal, they will not purposely hantam SIM grads out of some personal hatred and limit the candidates and thereby lengthen the hiring process creating more work for themselves.

Truth is companies turn down SIM or offer lower pay because they have decades if not centuries experience of running business. They know on average what sort of uni deliver what sort of student calibre. They also know roughly what sort of standards you can expect from each uni & adjust their starting pay to match that accordingly.

Big MNCs & top banks have the experience and expertise of hiring thousands of grads globally every year. To suggest that somehow they don't recognize the value in SIM and just filtering out SIM because of irrational bias goes against common sense.
Good point. I thought it is common sense in the market SIM on average not as good as SMU/NUS, dunno why so much discussion over nothing here...

Old 19-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

precisely.. lots of butthurt and making mountains out of molehills..

Old 19-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Good point. I thought it is common sense in the market SIM on average not as good as SMU/NUS, dunno why so much discussion over nothing here...
What to do, delusional SIMians claiming they are too street smart for local uni. Oh wait, they couldnt even qualify in the first place oops. On hindsight, if I can only afford to buy a cheap herschel bag, I'll also go around telling ppl that it is as good and as branded as LV and Gucci bags and I chose to buy them, not because I cant afford them. Same logic applies to delusional SIMians who claim that their beloved dumping ground school is as good as local unis. Fact is they were not good enough
Old 19-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Haters gonna hate. I have people from local Unis - dean's list no less, having to be so desperate in front of me, all sucking up to me whenever i interview them for my team.

I'm in the capital markets team for Skybridge Capital by the way. Most local uni grads have got their heads stuck in the clouds! I always ask this simple question "What sets you apart from a graduate from SIM-UOL?" and you know what is their most common answer? "My degree is more recognised... blah blah blah"

Eh. Hello... i'm interviewing you for your capabilities and character that sets you apart. Not your damned degree. Needless to say, i dont take local grads. I would actually take SIM students. But they aren't confident enough. Whereas local uni students are overly confident. More like cocky. Losers.
Lol, typical sore loser mentality of a SIMian. Trying so hard to scrutinize and put down local uni grads just because he himself couldnt qualify for their sch. Oh well, if I was an ex prisoner i'll be biased towards hiring my own kind too
Old 19-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

He makes himself out to be some big shot lei. Most likely a coffee boy there yaya papaya.

Old 19-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Eh back to topic leh, so what's the starting pay like for sim? What about those with one year exp? How much should I expect?
Old 19-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Eh back to topic leh, so what's the starting pay like for sim? What about those with one year exp? How much should I expect?
Haha should you know, this thread title is misleading and should have been changed a long time ago.
Old 20-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
So u answer to him/her because he is from Sim. And u ignore the other guy/girl who is from local Uni. I am from NUS myself and u are a total disgrace to local Uni. UniSim is now gov recognised local Uni. Only SIM global are still private. Please stop throwing the identity of us NUS NTU and SMU. They are on par with us. They started bad and made a bad choice. It does not mean they are lazy or stupid. U scored As? Which year and did u score any award? Maybe u should learn respect and stop trolling with your imaginary grades.

Hell I suspect u are a Sim student that want to destroy the image of a local Uni grad
I do not ''answer'' to any SIMbian. I did not ''reply'' to you because you are obviously a SIMbian trying to pass off as an NUS grad. It's so obvious that it is pathetic.

No local uni grad seriously gives a **** between your UOL, RMIT, Wolloongong or yes, Unisim. They are all the same class - cannot make it class. I know of GPA 2.5 Republic Polytechnic (gasp!) graduates that got into Unisim. Only Unisim ppl will use the ''oh only Unisim is government recognised'' argument. The SIM GE and other private uni disagree, and local uni dun give a **** about arguments between losers.

I know it is very difficult for a SIMbian to get As in Polytechnic, but ask the poly grads now studying in local uni. Poly is so easy that it's a bad joke. That's probably because they need to be dumbed down so that idiots like you can pass and go out and work and be a productive member of society. But yet, you refuse to do so and go on to lower the standards of smart working adults in SIM, which is the real purpose behind its government recognition anyway.
Old 20-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You make it sound like your firm is big ****. Go **** yourself la SIM clown.
OOOOO. Do i hear some resentment in your tone? You don't happen to be one of those i turn away right? Well, my firm is indeed kind of a big thing. For the uninitiated like yourself, I mean an alternative investment firm having an aum of more than $15bn is really kind of a big thing. Granted we aren't like those huge asset managers like BR or even NT... Oh wells.

You're exactly the type of people that would never get a shot, but only get shot.

Please proceed to watson's to buy plasters and apply to the burn area. Grow up kid.