Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 19-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I find it really funny how SIM students always proclaim themselves to be "street smart". What a pathetic way to 自我安慰. Loojk, you ended up in a shitty uni because you were too stupid or lazy(and maybe both), NOT BECAUSE YOU WERE "STREET SMART". With adequate experience working in the society, any tom dick harry with average IQ or EQ would probably get the hang of it and become what they declare as "street smart". But no matter how hard you work etc, the SIM grad will never eradicate the fact that they were from SIM, the ppl who failed to make it into any of the local uni. Heck, its not even that hard to qualify for a course there. Straight Cs would have qualified you for a few courses. I barely studied and probably played harder than every single kid in my school and neighbourhood but I still managed to get almost straight A's for A level. Even the Not so smart classmates I had who took millenials to understand concepts managed to get into the dumping ground courses in ntu. Face it, fact is that the ppl I know who ended up in SIM were either lazy as **** or plain stupid. If you know that you're not as intelligent as the average population then you should probably put in more effort to build your life instead of preaching on how sim is equivalent to the other local uni.
That's the problem. Ppl like u are a disgrace of the Uni u went to. I got myself into a poly and I skip half of the lesson back then. Not because I am lazy but I am just not interested back then. After army I got out to work and realised my passion. But because of my grade I can only join UniSIM local part time. When my Friend from other local Uni and I studied together, I am able to grasp the concept better and help them understand. We all scored well and I even got Honour. Judging that we are lazy or stupid in general only show your own stupidity and ignorance. You also disgrace your Uni as a representative. Face it, Sim is on par as other local Uni. Or at least UniSIM is.. Not sure about SIM global

Old 19-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I find it really funny how SIM students always proclaim themselves to be "street smart". What a pathetic way to 自我安慰. Loojk, you ended up in a shitty uni because you were too stupid or lazy(and maybe both), NOT BECAUSE YOU WERE "STREET SMART". With adequate experience working in the society, any tom dick harry with average IQ or EQ would probably get the hang of it and become what they declare as "street smart". But no matter how hard you work etc, the SIM grad will never eradicate the fact that they were from SIM, the ppl who failed to make it into any of the local uni. Heck, its not even that hard to qualify for a course there. Straight Cs would have qualified you for a few courses. I barely studied and probably played harder than every single kid in my school and neighbourhood but I still managed to get almost straight A's for A level. Even the Not so smart classmates I had who took millenials to understand concepts managed to get into the dumping ground courses in ntu. Face it, fact is that the ppl I know who ended up in SIM were either lazy as **** or plain stupid. If you know that you're not as intelligent as the average population then you should probably put in more effort to build your life instead of preaching on how sim is equivalent to the other local uni.
U are a disgrace to us from local Uni. I have friends who are in Sim. Not the Uol one. They have way better determination and discipline than I can ever have. I respect them for that as I know I can never attain that level myself. Try working full time and studying by self and attending night lesson. At the same time, working on school assignment and scoring As for self studied exam.

Maybe by then u can come back to comment.

Oh and their exam standard is the same as all other local Uni by the way.. I can vouch for that..as compared to mine.

Old 19-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
That's the problem. Ppl like u are a disgrace of the Uni u went to. I got myself into a poly and I skip half of the lesson back then. Not because I am lazy but I am just not interested back then. After army I got out to work and realised my passion. But because of my grade I can only join UniSIM local part time. When my Friend from other local Uni and I studied together, I am able to grasp the concept better and help them understand. We all scored well and I even got Honour. Judging that we are lazy or stupid in general only show your own stupidity and ignorance. You also disgrace your Uni as a representative. Face it, Sim is on par as other local Uni. Or at least UniSIM is.. Not sure about SIM global
Somehow everyone from SIM will always assume that working harder can compensate for low intelligence. You can... Up to a certain point. The certain point being uni year 2. Thereafter, you can study 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and still cannot make it.

I am sorry, but you guys simply have not reached the level when you can compare apples to apples. The people you know from local unis that you think you can compete if only you work harder are merely the weaker ones in local uni.

As a Polytechnic graduate myself, I have skipped 90% of poly year 3 lessons in SP, studied for a week before the exams and got all As. How difficult is that? I never understood how people can go on and on about being playful in the past and getting Cs in poly. Heck, how do you even get a C in poly?

Fast forward to local uni and I quickly realise that the king of poly is the weakest student in uni. Big fish in small pond suddenly realise that we need to desperately up our game now. Even putting a lot more effort does not give you an A.

To SIMbian that got into big 4, congrats, you certain made it in the eyes of your fellow SIMbian. You might even be the top 10 student. But hello, getting into big 4 is the fail safe option for any local uni grad. You know what that means?

It is OK to take pride in completing a degree, but please do not think you are equal. Because you are only realistically equal to the weaker ones in local uni. They got into big 4 because they lazy to study.

Old 19-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Somehow everyone from SIM will always assume that working harder can compensate for low intelligence. You can... Up to a certain point. The certain point being uni year 2. Thereafter, you can study 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and still cannot make it.

I am sorry, but you guys simply have not reached the level when you can compare apples to apples. The people you know from local unis that you think you can compete if only you work harder are merely the weaker ones in local uni.

As a Polytechnic graduate myself, I have skipped 90% of poly year 3 lessons in SP, studied for a week before the exams and got all As. How difficult is that? I never understood how people can go on and on about being playful in the past and getting Cs in poly. Heck, how do you even get a C in poly?

Fast forward to local uni and I quickly realise that the king of poly is the weakest student in uni. Big fish in small pond suddenly realise that we need to desperately up our game now. Even putting a lot more effort does not give you an A.

To SIMbian that got into big 4, congrats, you certain made it in the eyes of your fellow SIMbian. You might even be the top 10 student. But hello, getting into big 4 is the fail safe option for any local uni grad. You know what that means?

It is OK to take pride in completing a degree, but please do not think you are equal. Because you are only realistically equal to the weaker ones in local uni. They got into big 4 because they lazy to study.
*clap clap clap* At last, someone who understands reality.
Old 19-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Many people here can't accept the hard truths. It takes a man like LKY to say it before people are willing to accept.

Often people say "Work hard and you can be like XXX, so successful now." The reality is that not everyone can be like that. For every 1 successful SIMian, there are thousands who end up average. And a SIMian average is lower than a local uni average.
Old 19-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I agree. I also don't wish to put any SIM student down but the way so many of them talk... it's damn annoying.

They love to yaya papaya, boast about their credentials (which were bought), and how they are in "top jobs" etc. Why must they do this?

Old 19-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Haters gonna hate. I have people from local Unis - dean's list no less, having to be so desperate in front of me, all sucking up to me whenever i interview them for my team.

I'm in the capital markets team for Skybridge Capital by the way. Most local uni grads have got their heads stuck in the clouds! I always ask this simple question "What sets you apart from a graduate from SIM-UOL?" and you know what is their most common answer? "My degree is more recognised... blah blah blah"

Eh. Hello... i'm interviewing you for your capabilities and character that sets you apart. Not your damned degree. Needless to say, i dont take local grads. I would actually take SIM students. But they aren't confident enough. Whereas local uni students are overly confident. More like cocky. Losers.
Old 19-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

The market has already reached a verdict long time ago. SIM grads are paid lower starting salary and have a more limited career progression options in both public& private sector as a whole.

Of course the grads themselves claim this is only because of branding of the local uni and discrimination against private uni grads by employers and hr side. Their defense is that they are very street smart and if companies do not discriminate & give them chance, they will do just as well if not better.

But if you think rationally this explanation makes no sense at all. Companies just want to make money, they have no interest in unis per se. All they want is as long as you can value add, they pay whatever is needed. Same for hr recruiters, all they want is to meet kpi & close the deal, they will not purposely hantam SIM grads out of some personal hatred and limit the candidates and thereby lengthen the hiring process creating more work for themselves.

Truth is companies turn down SIM or offer lower pay because they have decades if not centuries experience of running business. They know on average what sort of uni deliver what sort of student calibre. They also know roughly what sort of standards you can expect from each uni & adjust their starting pay to match that accordingly.

Big MNCs & top banks have the experience and expertise of hiring thousands of grads globally every year. To suggest that somehow they don't recognize the value in SIM and just filtering out SIM because of irrational bias goes against common sense.
Old 19-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm in the capital markets team for Skybridge Capital by the way. Most local uni grads have got their heads stuck in the clouds! I always ask this simple question "What sets you apart from a graduate from SIM-UOL?" and you know what is their most common answer? "My degree is more recognised... blah blah blah"
You make it sound like your firm is big ****. Go **** yourself la SIM clown.
Old 19-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

So u answer to him/her because he is from Sim. And u ignore the other guy/girl who is from local Uni. I am from NUS myself and u are a total disgrace to local Uni. UniSim is now gov recognised local Uni. Only SIM global are still private. Please stop throwing the identity of us NUS NTU and SMU. They are on par with us. They started bad and made a bad choice. It does not mean they are lazy or stupid. U scored As? Which year and did u score any award? Maybe u should learn respect and stop trolling with your imaginary grades.

Hell I suspect u are a Sim student that want to destroy the image of a local Uni grad