SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 99 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 31-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

wa lao, bash here bash there for what, later all work under a diploma grad hahahahaha

Old 31-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Encouraging others to study hard and get good grades to keep career options open is advice so generic that it is applicable to everyone of us. If that is all you want to say, you could have summed it up all in 1 sentence instead of going on and on.
But my advice isn't for local U grads,they can take care of themselves.I have posed a question for which you have again evaded.

Can a SIM UOL FCH grad get to into LSE or a local U for their masters ?

local U students who likes to sneer at SIM students seem to be very conceited and disturbed by the very question you keep avoiding to answer.

And to the guy who commented above who is confused,I'm surprised that your obfuscated with a theory of a SIM student.
Listen to the guy who commented below "Relax leh.why so serious" LOL

Old 31-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
But my advice isn't for local U grads,they can take care of themselves.I have posed a question for which you have again evaded.

local U students who likes to sneer at SIM students seem to be very conceited and disturbed by the very question you keep avoiding to answer.

And to the guy who commented above who is confused,I'm surprised that your obfuscated with a theory of a SIM student.
post so much emo verbal garbage. ur the one that needs to relax.

Old 31-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
no

10char
Old 31-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

hi im a psb graduate i graduate from Loughborough University in psb nd I have business degree.pls advice what job I can look for which can make me money. Many thanks
Old 01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

I already asked you to think about the difference between MSc and MBA, Taught Masters and Research Masters.

You completely ignored that and reverted back to your extremely simple "Can a SIM UOL FCH grad get to into LSE or a local U for their masters ?"

The point is, different types of Masters have different requirements. You might require GRE scores to apply. You might require GMAT scores to apply. You might require TOEFL. You might require IELTS. You might require years of postgraduate work experience.

You have totally excluded all of those possibilities and concentrate only on your honours classification.

So, no. Without GMAT scores, you cannot get into NUS Masters of Business Administration.

With regards to practical advice for other SIM wannabes, you all should go and work. Study part time. This advice has been given by others before but always seem to be glossed over by the FCH thing.

By the time you graduate, you would have at least 3 years of work experience. That is valuable. That is realistic. That is achievable. This is respectable.

A job applicant shows me she has been working full time and continues to upgrade herself and got a 3rd class honours, i will say good job for juggling work and study.

A job applicant with nothing but an SIM degree is totally unimpressive.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

it is really not where u start but where u end

I have seen MDs that started without degree and Good uni that stuck at D level
Old 01-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I already asked you to think about the difference between MSc and MBA, Taught Masters and Research Masters.

You completely ignored that and reverted back to your extremely simple "Can a SIM UOL FCH grad get to into LSE or a local U for their masters ?"

The point is, different types of Masters have different requirements. You might require GRE scores to apply. You might require GMAT scores to apply. You might require TOEFL. You might require IELTS. You might require years of postgraduate work experience.

You have totally excluded all of those possibilities and concentrate only on your honours classification.

So, no. Without GMAT scores, you cannot get into NUS Masters of Business Administration.

With regards to practical advice for other SIM wannabes, you all should go and work. Study part time. This advice has been given by others before but always seem to be glossed over by the FCH thing.

By the time you graduate, you would have at least 3 years of work experience. That is valuable. That is realistic. That is achievable. This is respectable.

A job applicant shows me she has been working full time and continues to upgrade herself and got a 3rd class honours, i will say good job for juggling work and study.

A job applicant with nothing but an SIM degree is totally unimpressive.

If you were tying to elicit entry requirements for a masters program then you should have said so because I very well know one must have Good scores for GRE and GMAT.That goes without saying and trust me it isn't that difficult to achieve good scores if one has the right skill set.Anyone who has done the SAT's would know that except for the analysis of issue and argument,GRE and GMAT have divided the SAT into tantamount parts and have incorporated it in their exams.Of course GRE math is a bit different.As for IELTS I'm sure any local graduate would be able to score between 8-9 it's that easy.With my score of 8,you criticise my writing then just imagine how much you can score.(Max is 9) TOEFL is something needed for the U.S.

Thank you for highlighting that a SIM graduate can progress to an MBA in NUS with a good GMAT score of course.You must be a NUS student yourself to comment on it.

As for your practical advice,I appreciate you taking out time from your busy schedule to advice everyone and for that I thank you.Of course I didn't quite concur on your hypothesis of a third class trying to balance work and study because with third class you can surely be rest assured that will be your last degree you will graduate(I may be wrong) with LOL but we all have our own opinions don't we.It becomes pointless debating about that.

Again as for SIM graduates in the working world you say a person with no experience but with a degree is worthless? Then I sincerely need to know if you know SIM graduates who have gotten jobs in Good places? I have completely zero experience where the working world is concerned so please forgive me for being so naive.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

the boss/mentor that you work for or meet in your career is more important than anything once you start work. Not a stupid which school you came from argument.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If you were tying to elicit entry requirements for a masters program then you should have said so because I very well know one must have Good scores for GRE and GMAT.That goes without saying and trust me it isn't that difficult to achieve good scores if one has the right skill set.Anyone who has done the SAT's would know that except for the analysis of issue and argument,GRE and GMAT have divided the SAT into tantamount parts and have incorporated it in their exams.Of course GRE math is a bit different.As for IELTS I'm sure any local graduate would be able to score between 8-9 it's that easy.With my score of 8,you criticise my writing then just imagine how much you can score.(Max is 9) TOEFL is something needed for the U.S.

Thank you for highlighting that a SIM graduate can progress to an MBA in NUS with a good GMAT score of course.You must be a NUS student yourself to comment on it.

As for your practical advice,I appreciate you taking out time from your busy schedule to advice everyone and for that I thank you.Of course I didn't quite concur on your hypothesis of a third class trying to balance work and study because with third class you can surely be rest assured that will be your last degree you will graduate(I may be wrong) with LOL but we all have our own opinions don't we.It becomes pointless debating about that.

Again as for SIM graduates in the working world you say a person with no experience but with a degree is worthless? Then I sincerely need to know if you know SIM graduates who have gotten jobs in Good places? I have completely zero experience where the working world is concerned so please forgive me for being so naive.

It is obvious that you are sorely lacking in critical analysis skills and trying to cover it up.

I doubt you would even be able to pass your exams, nevermind the class of honours.

This will be my last reply to you.

Continue to live in your imaginary world.