SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 663 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 11-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Hello guys so I have been looking at this thread for a while now but can’t help to post a reply here regarding my positive experience with Murdoch U, amidst all the negativity here about private u.

I grad in 2020 at the height of the inflation, landed a job only 6 moths after. My course is CS and Biz information sys. Starting pay was higher than expected (More than 4K for me). I am actually glad that I transferred from local U to private U, because you know what? Local U has its fair share of toxicity as well within the course you’re taking. But that’s not the reason why I switched. I switched because i wanted to experience adulthood quicker and actually take more ownership of my studies and work simultaneously due to family issues at home.

I am glad I did it and did well for my course.

To all private U students, just study hard and ignore the negativity and enjoy the days. You won’t know what’s coming in for you until you grad or about to grad.

Old 11-08-2022, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys so I have been looking at this thread for a while now but can’t help to post a reply here regarding my positive experience with Murdoch U, amidst all the negativity here about private u.

I grad in 2020 at the height of the inflation, landed a job only 6 moths after. My course is CS and Biz information sys. Starting pay was higher than expected (More than 4K for me). I am actually glad that I transferred from local U to private U, because you know what? Local U has its fair share of toxicity as well within the course you’re taking. But that’s not the reason why I switched. I switched because i wanted to experience adulthood quicker and actually take more ownership of my studies and work simultaneously due to family issues at home.

I am glad I did it and did well for my course.

To all private U students, just study hard and ignore the negativity and enjoy the days. You won’t know what’s coming in for you until you grad or about to grad.
Sorry not inflation but pandemic HAHAHA dwelling too much about the inflation in recent months

Old 24-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

oh, saw some hatred on FA in the earlier pages. time to add mine

waste of my time, applied for some data analyst role at AIA thru linkedin / career website etc, after interview waited for 1.5months then tell me no more role, ask me go fill in 'FA' job. then tell me what wanna be rich, wanna let money roll in for u, wanna this wanna that. Since I doing grab part time and making quite a bit, why not go try try and join these ppl.

Wapiang, go their office i feel so different and cringe. earliest in office to turn on the light also must post, latest to leave office also must post, do whatever meeting also must post. I got quite a bit followers de but idw to do such degrading ****, but they keep insisting me to post. (idw cos i know its annoying). Do what book review also post, share $ here and there, wtf is so toxic. even doctors/police/cleaners/certis dont do such things

girls say need to wear 'sexy' to meet clients so can close higher, guys say need to wear nice and show that u have good watches good wallet whatever **** so people can see some light in you. aiyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

And what impact here impact there, u just covering them for hospital bills and idk whatever ****, like that only. want impact go create some amazing app or become prison officer, join childhood educator or join NGO for charity etc??? end of the day it just boils down to money.

found a job liao starting next week, offering me 5.5k gross exc bonuses doing data analyst, hope wont be so jialat.

cancelled all my plans under a fren in AIA, he got mad and kpkb. aiya. whatever. hope nobody supports all these tards.

Old 25-08-2022, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

LOL! Same goes for me, back then I cant find a good job with good starting pay, went to AAG and l left after 1 month. Felt that there were many fake people, in meetings that lasted <20mins, they posted like they been through a lot but actually just using phone.

Left and join GE, very comfortable place. None uses instagram to post like crazy. Meetings always start at 10-1030 and ends around 1. Learn really alot and not those ******** kind like AAG. All fake one, say what learn about a, b, c then next moment forget.

Hit MDRT in 2.5 years, and been hitting MDRT every year ever since then. But I see the stigma that people have on FA, kinda feel sad. Its an honest work for me, I dont make cringey post or sell stupid plans that can earn me huge commission. Aside from that, I am also helping them to do market research analysis and apply it on my own broker account too, managed to hit at least 30-50% a year

Rmbed last year 1 agent from AIA was trying to close a guy and this guy approached me through a friend to double check. He showed me some convos saying the AIA guy was trashing GE plan, saying it was too ex and cover too little ( in fact the coverage was the same and GE price just cheaper by $30-$50 /yr ) ... and then that agent was telling the guy after reading my linkedin/company's website : this guy took almost 3yrs to hit MDRT and you wanna get from him? I took less than 8mths to hit MDRT etc etc ). Like... ? Ended up the guy got it from me.

This is the reason why FA gets so much hate. Sometimes I hate FA too, but sadly I am one of them.
Old 25-08-2022, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Was Advertised some investment plans by some FA. Attended the online call and she was acting cute while tryna act like she knows the market as well. Ask her for her qualifications she come tell me diploma but it doesn't matter cos she hit MDRT and IDA that's why she dw to continue to uni before she continue to pitch her investment plan.

Little did she know I am a fully qualified CFA and see through all her bs
Old 27-08-2022, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Kena poached by a few FA directors before. Typically they will say the good , like earning alot and stuff. Only a handful will be truthful to me by saying some will not make it. Got once, this director keep aggressively trying to get me on board. Talked all the good stuff only. never once mentioned about the bad.

Then ask me to fill in the employment form while i had to share screen over zoom. Very red flag leh. I told them i dont want and never reply anymore lol.

Old 30-08-2022, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

saw massive hate towards TJA. **** that dude. now in australia smlj mdrt conference. dk how many victims he made them sign some worthless plans

same goes rayson, flex $$ here and there. saw his **** on tiktok. my local U frens who knew him all claimed he did jack **** in group project. while they chionging he at other tables chionging hard-selling insurance. rabak guy. same goes to TJA, Nus frens said he did 5% of project but his instagram always posting ****. I saw similar posts few pages before. ( guess its real )

i just hope ppl just stop getting from these idiots and go support those genuine agents rather than all these ****ed up ones.

I am CFA certified, met 1 - 2 agents from AAG b4, walan all sprouting nonsense one. Wanted to buy some hospital plans and he told me AAG cheaper and what not, i went to check with a GE manager, and after analyzing the documents and numbers, GE is slightly cheaper (not much) and much better than AIA in terms of NCD etc, not really much but still got difference. like that also need to lie ?...

I was from GM, now in JP, making 13k right now. i started from 9k -> 10.5 -> 13. Graduated from UCL in finance, msc

flex? wtf i dont even flex ****, i work hard for my salary ( around 12-15hrs a day ), unlike TJA and Rayson, did jack **** and fake their nonsenses and coerce people to sign stupid plans
Old 30-08-2022, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Hey, i saw some post regarding benedict le. I know I stupid but I lost 1k from this guy. And I see similar post and saw his post on scammersg.

Anyone is a victim?? Do approach me at bendickt00.

Met around 4 victims, one guy lost about 20k. But he has a rich dad, so 20k to him is just $200 lol
Old 01-09-2022, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

HAHAA Reading all these hate comments on FAs, ya screw them la. Knn now 1030pm I still in office, leaving at 11pm. Reach home 1145, then next day 730 report. Life of a bloody banker. but I dont post anything on insta story leh... haha all these AIA FAs.

And yea I heard about TJA, I 2 years apart also know that ignorant kid. Sell insurance until so infamous till my batch also know. Siao one that clown. Hope one day he tio cancelled, I will take my paycheck and flex at his dulan face. And the simi NUS entrepreneur program, aiya cringe la. No idea why even ask that TJA to host it when his watches stuff was just basically buying low and selling high scheme. Even psle kids can do that with normal sweets.

Then simi simple wallet book, say until like he wrote it when its everyone combined efforts - go online, copy basic investing fundaments and wholesale chunk everything inside with some nice design that's it. I managed to get a copy from a friend, so so only leh. Say until so good, I google also can find.

Even my juniors from his army unit also dulan and don't like him. Wa! So amazing that one kid can accumulate all these negative energy from people.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HAHAA Reading all these hate comments on FAs, ya screw them la. Knn now 1030pm I still in office, leaving at 11pm. Reach home 1145, then next day 730 report. Life of a bloody banker. but I dont post anything on insta story leh... haha all these AIA FAs.

And yea I heard about TJA, I 2 years apart also know that ignorant kid. Sell insurance until so infamous till my batch also know. Siao one that clown. Hope one day he tio cancelled, I will take my paycheck and flex at his dulan face. And the simi NUS entrepreneur program, aiya cringe la. No idea why even ask that TJA to host it when his watches stuff was just basically buying low and selling high scheme. Even psle kids can do that with normal sweets.

Then simi simple wallet book, say until like he wrote it when its everyone combined efforts - go online, copy basic investing fundaments and wholesale chunk everything inside with some nice design that's it. I managed to get a copy from a friend, so so only leh. Say until so good, I google also can find.

Even my juniors from his army unit also dulan and don't like him. Wa! So amazing that one kid can accumulate all these negative energy from people.
thxxx for spilling the tea