SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 625 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Old 13-04-2022, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Default sim oul grad pay

A lot of friends in SIM-UOL just started working not long ago, managed to ask around for their starting pay. I am from NUS, engineering, now earning 4.2k.

1. Working as admin (degree in BM) -> 2.7-3k

2. Working in bank (Degree in banking and finance) - 2.7k - 3.2k

3. Working as accountant - 2.8-3.2k

4. Working as insurance (AAG, Sing life) those ok ones: - 2k - 3k+ , those really up there one i know a few earning 50-80k +- lol.

5. Working as property agent - know a fren, went in there 3 months take home 10k+ liao.

6. Working in software company doing programming, 3.3k - 4.3k (not bad actually, some actually went for competitions like hackathon)

7. Working as teachers in tuition centers: 3k+-

My takeaway: at the start will be shag, i would say almost all the companies see universities and GPA, only being Financial Advisor(FA) or Property Agents (PA) wont. They dk you stupid or not, so long can sell can liao.

So alot of people from SIM in general join FA/PA, even people from NUS especially. For SIM people, most of them just cant be bothered to work 9-6 while earning 2.5k-3.3k after their *rich parents* sponsored their uni fees, i know a small handful ones working in corporate world trying their best to climb and pay their sch loans. (1 of them took 1yr+, with salary of 3k doing admin. increase to 3.15 after 1 year lol).

While the rest just join FA cos of money. Damn annoying, see Instagram posting meetings at 6am or whatever accountability checks, saving life, protecting life etc etc. See until sian. Especially NUS people. The way the picture it is very wrong ' i become FA so i don't have to work 9-6 (freedom) and i can make 50-100% more than fresh grad pay ' bruh..

I also felt quite annoyed after seeing some ppl that did nothing in NUS during projects and spamming loads of stories on Instagram doing insurance and earning $ , telling their followers how 'committed and hardworking' they are juggling b/w sch and work while myself and others tanking the bloody projects. Really xiasuey .|.

Rmbed how 1 guy from my hall told me, ' bro i MDRT liao , earning 70k++ with gpa 3.4 (2nd lower), walao you studied so hard (i got 2nd upper, 4.2) and now u earning 4.2k nia? thats 50k+ annum leh, come join FA la, i can mentor u and u dont waste ur time anymore climbing ladder ' sibei dulan. But yeap. it is what it is. They happy can liao.

Old 13-04-2022, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Even if I could make 10k as a PA / FA, I wouldn't do it. Why the fk would I? It's a boring fruitless stupid job. If I wanted money I'd just take risks and invest into Crypto or tech stocks that are guaranteed to go up *eventually ( Tesla, etc )

My advice, go study what you want and do what you want. Pay comes later. If you enjoy being a SWE then go do that. So what if you make 3-4k monthly?

I can sleep well at night knowing I'm doing something I love instead of being some phaggot going around ********ting people "Hey its me, your old friend, want buy insurance?" or "yeah this house is AMAZING, TRUST me bro" like yikes, your job literally revolves around you being a lying pussy phaggot.

Imagine that. Born into this world, capable of becoming a doctor to save lives, a hardworking trade worker to build stuffs / repair stuffs, a developer to create things for people to enjoy online, etc...

What a fking joke. I LOL @ anyone who flexes about their money as a FA / PA.

Old 13-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I also felt quite annoyed after seeing some ppl that did nothing in NUS during projects and spamming loads of stories on Instagram doing insurance and earning $ , telling their followers how 'committed and hardworking' they are juggling b/w sch and work while myself and others tanking the bloody projects. Really xiasuey .|.
Fking hilarious.

in other words, they're actually broke af / delusional / retarded, probably cant do calculus 1 so they feel the need to flex on social media about their worth because deep down they know they're a bunch of lying phaggots who don't do jackshit.

u should have commented on their page "cope harder retard"

Old 13-04-2022, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Those from AAG super annoying, flexing the MDRT and some dragons award. Random random also must put picture of their car, advertise their "stock portfolio", free real estate will service etc.

Some ownself also know insurance reputation rotten to the core. Try to dissociate themselves from the stigma by tagging random financial institutions in their insta story to make it seem like they doing finance all when wtv they doing are far from that
Old 13-04-2022, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Those from AAG super annoying, flexing the MDRT and some dragons award. Random random also must put picture of their car, advertise their "stock portfolio", free real estate will service etc.

Some ownself also know insurance reputation rotten to the core. Try to dissociate themselves from the stigma by tagging random financial institutions in their insta story to make it seem like they doing finance all when wtv they doing are far from that
Ya confirm will not even buy a H&S from these fkers

Fk their endowment and ILP scams

Really heartless cb kias

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 14-04-2022, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Wah those MDRT you mentioned earning 70k++, monthly 70k or yearly 70k?

Old 14-04-2022, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

70k monthly?

lmfao dream on.
Old 14-04-2022, 09:35 PM
Verified Member

shootingmen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A lot of friends in SIM-UOL just started working not long ago, managed to ask around for their starting pay. I am from NUS, engineering, now earning 4.2k.

4. Working as insurance (AAG, Sing life) those ok ones: - 2k - 3k+ , those really up there one i know a few earning 50-80k +- lol.

5. Working as property agent - know a fren, went in there 3 months take home 10k+ liao.

6. Working in software company doing programming, 3.3k - 4.3k (not bad actually, some actually went for competitions like hackathon)

My takeaway: at the start will be shag, i would say almost all the companies see universities and GPA, only being Financial Advisor(FA) or Property Agents (PA) wont. They dk you stupid or not, so long can sell can liao.

So alot of people from SIM in general join FA/PA, even people from NUS especially. For SIM people, most of them just cant be bothered to work 9-6 while earning 2.5k-3.3k after their *rich parents* sponsored their uni fees, i know a small handful ones working in corporate world trying their best to climb and pay their sch loans. (1 of them took 1yr+, with salary of 3k doing admin. increase to 3.15 after 1 year lol).

While the rest just join FA cos of money. Damn annoying, see Instagram posting meetings at 6am or whatever accountability checks, saving life, protecting life etc etc. See until sian. Especially NUS people. The way the picture it is very wrong ' i become FA so i don't have to work 9-6 (freedom) and i can make 50-100% more than fresh grad pay ' bruh..

Rmbed how 1 guy from my hall told me, ' bro i MDRT liao , earning 70k++ with gpa 3.4 (2nd lower), walao you studied so hard (i got 2nd upper, 4.2) and now u earning 4.2k nia? thats 50k+ annum leh, come join FA la, i can mentor u and u dont waste ur time anymore climbing ladder ' sibei dulan. But yeap. it is what it is. They happy can liao.
LOL, your hall guy. I'm a fresh grad with pass degree and almost double his annual pay. And at least I don't have to lie, delude others about my products.
Old 20-04-2022, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingmen View Post
LOL, your hall guy. I'm a fresh grad with pass degree and almost double his annual pay. And at least I don't have to lie, delude others about my products.
cringe bro
Old 22-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Default AAG cringefests

Quote:

Wow, quite high for private degrees software people. Maybe due to their experiences etc.

And YA, all these AAG people. I was working as an intern for them for 3 months, processing paper works, admins, leads and whatever. Bloody cringe all of them. Wanted to quit 3 weeks in. Knn ask me help them shoot videos ' how to be a better person in life, how to invest, 3 ways to do well in work, how to destress etc etc ' wtf sia. Damn embarrassing.

Then always say' see bro, this client high net worth leh, my commission will be 3k etc etc, so you wanna join FA anot? ' like wtf ? Still dare say wanna help others, save life and do whatever, main reason is the $$ ( I am Business student with minor in Finance ). One of them was sharing " I helped my clients to pay for first year, the next year they pay themselves " and everyone was like agreeing to it. The fk is this? is this unethical???

I remembered I reported to office at 830am for work, everyone there liao. Then one told me ' we were here since 630am, accountability check and motivation etc etc, you wanna join us ' knn. annoying ****. Idc u all go office what time, cringe bunch of "hardworking" FAs

Most of them, or I should say, EVERYONE is just cringe af. And one reason they stay in office till 1130pm or 12am is just to read CNBC news for stocks etc etc to 'add values' to their clients and 'add knowledge' to their brains. ********, I can also do that at home. And I feel I know more than most of them yaya papayas when it comes to investing.

Few months ago, I just purchased my insurance plans and everything from a veteran director in GE. (feels great) When one dude asked me i just told him this, hes like ' walao never get from me, that old uncle gonna retire liao, and he maybe not up to date etc etc ' I just told him off ' you all just bunch of fake people in for the money cos u all cannot do well in the real world, i know wtf u all did, those fake **** and nonsense u all are doing. '

He just told me to get lost and dont be salty. To yall, never buy from all those AAG YPs, better get from those quiet types or those veterans in the business.

))))))